• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Theory: An instant in your inventory is a wasted instant.

Is an instant that is saved for later a waste?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • I still don't see any cake.

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

DeletedUser7370

I think saving the coin and supplies instants for specific moments is beneficial. They are percentage based and therefore increase in value as you progress through the game. At many points in the game a player is constantly dumping coins and supplies either into the wholesaler or for KP. The times when they are useful is when a series of upgrades, housing for example, depletes the stockpiled supply and the player would have to stop upgrading to recover.

The time instants should be used fairly promptly after being received. Their value is fixed, but the time costs for most things in the game constantly increase; which functionally reduces the value of a time instant. I think they are best used for upgrades on workshops. The workshops are often a critical resource in the city and having 1 taken out of commission for an extended period of time can be very painful. Using instant to upgrade the main hall does not make much sense because having that upgrade completed does very little to increase production. I don't see them as very useful in upgrading military buildings as the training queue can be continued in a different building or the addition from the armory can be added in later. I would consider using them for a scout or residences to be a complete waste unless they are also accelerating completion of an event quest.

Risen Malchiah

@TedGrau For human cities, most tournaments rely on troops generated from the Barracks more so than the other buildings, so for me continuing troop production in another building isn't worth it. The barracks are my number 1 priority when it comes to using instants. Armories not so much since their upgrade time is relatively short.

The most wasteful to me would be jumping ahead in the tournament rounds. As it is, I don't typically bother with the 6th round anyway since it's too much of a hassle. The 2nd round in provinces 10-20 are the most valuable to me. ;)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
@TedGrau For human cities, most tournaments rely on troops generated from the Barracks more so than the other buildings, so for me continuing troop production in another building isn't worth it.
I'd agree generally, except for the Cerberus. They are very handy when there are lots of mages in the opposition, like the current tournament. I'm using more Cerberus than light melee, actually.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'd agree generally, except for the Cerberus. They are very handy when there are lots of mages in the opposition, like the current tournament. I'm using more Cerberus than light melee, actually.

Yeah mine usually take down Banshees in one bite

DeletedUser7370

Yep, barracks goes down for a day of upgrades and I get 8 new squads of Cerberus.

Risen Malchiah

Haha yeah, this is a great week to upgrade the barracks. Most other weeks though, that's when I'd use the instant on the barracks.

One of you suggested throwing the light melee from my bulwark as canon fodder this week and it has helped me a lot. It was amusing to see my axe barbs at >999 squads for the first 8 provinces in the first round. :)