• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thermal Spring of Youth - Good or bad?

So napkin math says that TSoY leveled into the 20s gives the equivalent of 3-4 magic residences worth of pop. There will be a lot of variation on that, but let's just say. Then it takes up space itself. The net gain in space is something like 3 MRs, say.

Who is that worth it for? Obviously it'll impact tourney difficulty...so is this for someone who doesn't go big in tournaments? What are general thoughts on this AW? I have it built, but not upgraded...and of course it's worse than an MR at level 1....

Thanks for your input

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Unless you have all magic residences, you should calculate it on how many normal residences you can replace with it. Or calculate on how many pop/culture event buildings you can replace, because those do not benefit from this AW at all.

Thanks. I have all MR. Given that, L26 TSoY provides population equal to ~3.7 MR, but then takes up space itself, so net gain of 2.7 MR (54 squares, at level 16). I am not perfectly efficient, so could better, hence the 3-4 MR net space gain I mentioned.

I agree that getting population from res, and MR in particular, is the most efficient use of the AW. It's probably total trash if not using MR and almost all res for population.

Maybe I don't have a question after all.

Deleted User - 3932582

Thanks. I have all MR. Given that, L26 TSoY provides population equal to ~3.7 MR, but then takes up space itself, so net gain of 2.7 MR (54 squares, at level 16). I am not perfectly efficient, so could better, hence the 3-4 MR net space gain I mentioned.
Don't forget about how much KP will it take to get to L26, and whether you can use these KPs in a better way.

qaccy

Worse than the Golden Abyss, to be sure. Not sure whether it's good enough to be buried so deep in the research tree and have the 'newer' level up costs either. Ultimately it can be a space-saver tho, and space is one of the most valuable resources. It's just an average AW. Not a must-have, but it's not a waste to build either (unless you run a city without residences).

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I thought I needed this at first, but now I'm having second thoughts.

The max bonus is 22%, but importantly only from residential population, not working population like GA and MH.
Normal residences Lvl 35 give me 313 pop per sq, with max bonus of 22% it means an extra 1034 on top of 4700, but still only 382 per square of residences, not counting the AW itself.

End of Ch16, with lvl 37 residences, I'd get 458 pop per sq on a residence with the wonder.
I can get Crab Hotels at 510 pop per sq, plus the culture.
Yes I'll take a hit on coins, but it seems event buildings will give me more pop/sq than the wonder is worth?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

The max bonus is 22%, but importantly only from residential population, not working population like GA and MH.
Normal residences Lvl 35 give me 313 pop per sq, with max bonus of 22% it means an extra 1034 on top of 4700, but still only 382 per square of residences, not counting the AW itself.

End of Ch16, with lvl 37 residences, I'd get 458 pop per sq on a residence with the wonder.
Yes I'll take a hit on coins, but it seems event buildings will give me more pop/sq than the wonder is worth?

Usefulness of this wonder really depends on the number of Magic residences in your city. Same chapter MRs get a lot more than normal residences from it.

mikeledo

If your goal is pop. I would max out my GA first. Even with Magic buildings. Having said that the initial building of the TSOY looks worthwhile, but upgrading it is not as effective as the GA.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Yes, GA and MH are both at lvl 30 already (and don't give more pop bonus on higher levels), so this was next bonus pop avenue, but event buildings seem better at this stage.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Or perhaps I'm thinking wrongly about this. I don't have enough event buildings to replace all 27 residences, which currently give me 4700*27=126,900 population.

Thus, the TSoY at 7*3=21 squares would need to be at 8.5% (lvl 7, =514/sq) for it by itself to have a higher pop/sq than a Crab Hotel (5*4=20sq at 510/sq).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@iamthouth I have a level 11 Spring in chapter 18. I have 6 chapter 18 Magic residences and 4 normal level 41 residences. The Spring gives me about 16,500 extra pop in 21 squares. That is close to 800 pop per square of the AW. One level 41 residence gives me about 11,000 pop in 20 squares. Yes, I only have 10 residences total and still have the Spring.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
But.
Don't folks place that Wonder for the increase in Sentient Goods production?