• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

They've ruined the tournament

defiantoneks

i've only seen the flip to "next" province after i've completed a battle, not on the original opening of the tent.
similarly, it's always had the annoying "travel" motion as it goes to the next one, and afaik has always defaulted in that process to the lowest open fight. so you click the tent, pick a battle, complete it, and whoosh, it goes off to the lowest open fight regardless of whether that is the one you really want to do.

gernsey

On PC, specifically Chrome, after i complete a tourney encounter it moves me automatically to the next tourney encounter. Numerical order. Seems a nice reasonable and convenient approach to take by the devs. Shame it makes some people uncomfortable :( but i like it.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Wait, even on the beach where you are hanging out, sipping your drinks with a life a lesiure ... Oh the shame

Ed
The shorts be soggy indeed...:confused:
Also, for a tropical country, it's been cold lately, so it's probably best to cover up a bit ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gkyr

Chef
Unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion that was forwarded, I'm not seeing it.
Like most of Elvenar, what is currently going on is opaque to me. I am definitely seeing a change in next-province-selection. I believe there are gamers who are not noticing a difference in province selection, except the map-moving, and I accept that (without digging for a reason to support the difference).

BrinDarby

I saw the map moving long before Dari
mentioned it. So, I don't know what the
hub-bub is all about....... heh heh

Killy-

Just make it optional. Can't be hard to let us chose. (I like it in my fighting cities, but it is wasting my time for ne reason in my cater city)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
It's not a matter of motion, which they've always had, but it's the matter of quantity. They've just doubled the motion for absolutely no good reason. What was once the game that everyone with motion sickness flocked to, is now becoming just another game like all the rest. I think Elvenar has more of us vertigo-prone people than most games do, precisely because this has been a haven to us. Maybe Inno never realized how good they were in this department, and how many people were funneled into this game because they couldn't play others. This is why I think it should matter to them ... not because the "average" person doesn't care about this issue, but because Inno's averages are skewed in a way they never knew they were.

StarLoad

It's not a matter of motion, which they've always had, but it's the matter of quantity. They've just doubled the motion for absolutely no good reason. What was once the game that everyone with motion sickness flocked to, is now becoming just another game like all the rest. I think Elvenar has more of us vertigo-prone people than most games do, precisely because this has been a haven to us. Maybe Inno never realized how good they were in this department, and how many people were funneled into this game because they couldn't play others. This is why I think it should matter to them ... not because the "average" person doesn't care about this issue, but because Inno's averages are skewed in a way they never knew they were.
True or Not, I think it's a valid concern and from the viewpoint of one not bothered by "Motion issues" I find the movement to be laggy and a waste when I don't want to do the number they want. Even when I follow the "bouncing dot" in ascending order, the screen "seems" to be slower than when I manually select the same province number from the overview. @Villanesque @Nightguest can you forward the feedback to the dev team about the problem this change is causing?

Ed

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
True or Not, I think it's a valid concern and from the viewpoint of one not bothered by "Motion issues" I find the movement to be laggy and a waste when I don't want to do the number they want. Even when I follow the "bouncing dot" in ascending order, the screen "seems" to be slower than when I manually select the same province number from the overview. @Villanesque @Nightguest can you forward the feedback to the dev team about the problem this change is causing?

Ed
Thank you, Ed. That's a good point.

defiantoneks

i dont know if it helps at all but, when i did my tourney rounds on mobile I had jumped around due to staggering out battles for event quests. so i really didn't want to go "in order" like it tries to make you. what i did was, once you finish the fight you get the "awesome" and "next" type buttons (forget exactly but you know what I mean, hopefully). as soon as i hit that second button i tapped the tent. so rather than watch it whoosh one way, then close it and watch it whoosh again i might've gotten it to bypass some of the motion.

just thoughts. generally speaking i dont see the need for it to jump around the map. i really don't care "where" it is, i just want to pick the reward i'm interested in, or the round i need to do to keep on schedule.

Gkyr

Chef
@Astram @Villanesque @Nightguest : I've recently finished the Tourney that is the source of all of this posting. Something has changed. The province succession has become more automatic (accompanied by auto-scrolling of the map). BUT when I enter the map and click on the Tourney tent the window opens, as it always had, to the first page, starting with province #1, whether or not the first eight provinces are completed.

Therefore, it seems that the suggestion I sponsored to avoid useless, completed Tourney windows has NOT been implemented. Instead, some Dev changes, which I assume had been in the works for a while, have been implemented.

Can you overseers find out if the submitted suggestion has been considered by anyone and can you confirm that a modified Tourney succession has been placed in this version?
Cc: @Darielle @SoggyShorts @Lelanya @ed1960

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Gkyr I will have to defer to Villanesque or Nightguest to provide a proper response. I simply do not have the information requested.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@Astram @Villanesque @Nightguest : I've recently finished the Tourney that is the source of all of this posting. Something has changed. The province succession has become more automatic (accompanied by auto-scrolling of the map). BUT when I enter the map and click on the Tourney tent the window opens, as it always had, to the first page, starting with province #1, whether or not the first eight provinces are completed.

Therefore, it seems that the suggestion I sponsored to avoid useless, completed Tourney windows has NOT been implemented. Instead, some Dev changes, which I assume had been in the works for a while, have been implemented.

Can you overseers find out if the submitted suggestion has been considered by anyone and can you confirm that a modified Tourney succession has been placed in this version?
Cc: @Darielle @SoggyShorts @Lelanya @ed1960
Yes hon I am watching this thread. I am quiet about it, is all, you can imagine why that might be.