• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Other "Why I'm better than everyone else" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
The spam bots are actually cleared on daily basis :) the ones you guys see are the ones that pop in while the forum mods are off...I am usually sleeping or at work personally hahaha

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Come to think of it, I usually see them first thing in the morning 6-8 am most times; I'm east coast, so I'll bet on sleeping, lol!

DeletedUser

Things I have grown tired of, yet are still able to drag me back in. Like this:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Also...when did this thread title change to "why I left the game"? who left?
I did. I got in a snit over being passively-aggressively accused of being unsupportive of someone's gender because I said I didn't think someone else intended to insult them.

DeletedUser

I did. I got in a snit over being passively-aggressively accused of being unsupportive of someone's gender because I said I didn't think someone else intended to insult them.

Glad to see you back. You've missed quite a lot. :confused:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I hate it when people who disagree with you over something automatically accuse you of some horrendous phobia or other morally suspect attribute. The question at hand is the question that should be addressed, not my character, immoral or other wise.

In my opinion this usually happens because the person can no longer address the question at hand, having run out of the trite meme's and mantra's of their position. Having run through those they have little to no content left to contribute but still insist they are right and feel the need to prove it by attacking the person speaking rather than the proposition being addressed.

Now, of course, this may be seen as an example of the very "ad hominem" attack it condemns, but the subject is the actions of the person, and thus, it is directly on target if it attacks their behavior. And their behavior of not addressing the question at hand but the moral character of their opponent reveals they are the ones with the glaring character flaw. So....my advice? If you have run out of ammunition in a debate, stop firing. It's okay to be wrong or at least to admit your opponent knows more about the subject than you. If you still think you are right, do more homework and next time know more about the subject than he or she. That way both of you learn and grow even if you continue do disagree.

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I hate it when people who disagree with you over something automatically accuse you of some horrendous phobia or other morally suspect attribute.
Can't plus here, but I mostly agree. On the other hand, being a somewhat contrary individual, sometimes it's exactly what I'm hoping for, because it gives me a reason to call them out.

ajqtrz

Can't plus here, but I mostly agree. On the other hand, being a somewhat contrary individual, sometimes it's exactly what I'm hoping for, because it gives me a reason to call them out.

It find the most useful way to "call them out" is simply ask questions. Usually within 3 questions they reveal they don't know of what they are speaking but are determined to keep talking anyway. Sigh.

AJ

Laochra

3 things I dislike:
1. Not being able to like the previous posts in this thread.
2. Players responding to membership ads without checking the date of the original post. {Not likely to get a positive response if the OP was 3+ months ago. :p
3. Avoiding cake to prevent weight gain & diabetes. :(

DeletedUser20396

Right angle parking spaces, politics, terrible food, soft water(when bathing, I can't stand it on my skin because our water is well water and it's a 100 strong in mineral.), diet pop, extreme heat, snakes, and screaming from kids throwing tantrums.

shimmerfly

Neighborhoods with sidewalks. :p
35 mile an hour or less speed limits.
Traffic, tourists ( yes I know they support the community) I don't care, they're always lost.
People that tail you on a country road doing 55.... pass me or back off please.
People that never smile. What's up with that? :D
Trying not to talk politics with my family. We disagree and I love them and it would cause rifts.
Bad service at a nice restaurant.
Having a grumpy day! :oops:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
2. Players responding to membership ads without checking the date of the original post.
Not to say that people responding to old posts in general isn't annoying, but sometimes it can be lessened by editing the OP so that it no longer attracts responses.

* Assuming the OP is still around......

DeletedUser20396

35 mile an hour or less speed limits.
I like this, because it's true! I just got my permit last year, and am pushing for my license this year. :) Watch out world.

Laochra

Here in northwestern NC/VA, people like to do this with their brights on. They shut them off for oncoming traffic, but then turn them right back on.

ajqtrz

At risk of causing a minor eruption in this forum, I hate the idea that their is a "fast lane" anywhere the speed limit is posted. The word "limit" means it's as fast as you can go for all lanes to which it applies -- which, in the absence notification otherwise -- is ALL lanes. If I'm doing the "limit" you should rarely have any reason to pass me, and if you have the desire, get over it. Emergencies do not include you left for work too late, you feel like the road should be posted at a higher limit, you want to arrive early so you can cut to the head of the line, etc.... Yes, if your grandmother is in the back seat bleeding to death, go for it at whatever speed you desire, but if I'm in your way don't waste time trying to communicate and waiting for me to get out of your way -- just blast around me and forget I exist. Your emergency means you don't have time to waste on my proclivities. Your irritation by flashing your high beams or getting right on my bumper and laying on the horn is probably just slowing you down more and if it's a real emergency concentrate on that, not me! But of course the vast amount of cases of such behaviors have nothing to do with an emergency and in almost no case is all that ruckus needed. In fact it may be if we all actually did the speed limit AND didn't tailgate almost all those days traffic is backed up because somebody was traveling over the speed limit AND/OR tailgating would be eliminated -- leaving all of us a better chance to get to work on time in the first place.

Well, I'm glad I got that off my chest!

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.