• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thinking about mana buildings

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I made an impressive spreadsheet
That is awesome!
Looks like I'm sitting around 38-42 days. I'm just starting to place manifestations though, so there will be changes the next few days.

It's interesting to see that my mana per hour from buildings is almost exactly equal to a spell, so I would need to cast on average 24 more spells per day if I had no buildings. I'm already in for 8 spells per day, which is 2 more than I can make, including tournaments. This means that going all spells would reduce my 1400 spell stash down to ~300 by the end of the chapter.
Upgrading roads would certainly be a no-go at a cost of 3 spells per road:eek:

Edit: I missed the "Upgrade 1 of each manifestation to level 3" quest.... If I do that I'm sitting at 60 days:(
Edit2: I also missed the portal upgrade to 4, if I add that, I'm back to 41 days lol:D

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I've now got 1450 spells on hand, and over that 41 day estimate I'll be able to generate an additional 246 spells in the MA and collect an additional 136 or so from tournaments. With a total spell inventory of 1832 by day 41, I'll have just over 7.9m mana against a remaining cost of 7,479,684.
I'm very curious to see how this plays out. If you do the "Have 40 eternal streets" quest, that's another 440K mana cost, bringing you to just about zero spells.
The biggest question is "How long between chapters this time?"
If it's at least 5 months after you finish, your stockpile of spells should be back to ~1500, and you can do it again in chapter 13:)

Sadly, going from zero spells up to 1500 would take over 10 months with a level 2 MA(including tournaments), and I don't think there'll be that much time between chapters.

DeletedUser2424

However, I discovered a pretty important problem with the spreadsheet. My Abbey value wasn't adding up correctly and I figured out that it was because there's an error in the mana calculation from it. The formula you have for cell N82 adds 5 to the level input before multiplying the rest, but for level 6+ that doesn't work because the rune levels add 2% to the AW power rather than 1% like the KP levels.

Good catch.
I fixed it. Here's the modified formula for N82 in case you made a copy: <code>=(5+H82+ rounddown(H82/6))*J82*L82</code>

Also, while not really relevant for me, how come there aren't any spaces for Maze of the Dark Matter info? Cell A82 mentions some sort of comparison between it and the DA but I don't see that anywhere. Was it something from an earlier version that got removed?

No, it's part lazy part opinionated... I don't think you should bother with both and I think Dragon is FAR superior. As presented here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...syXsRb3lcfhqpKGtQp7yzH1eI/edit#gid=2103468660

So we complete the DA right as we enter Halflings, and then its either delay a few weeks while levelling the DA, or enter Halflings with a level 1 DA. I plan on trying this, but I don't expect it to be the only source of mana.

Definitely do not delay... right when you finish a chapter you have all that guest space available while your working your way through the tree. I use it to build lots of arcane libraries to give me a jumpstart and peel them away as I need space for the guest race buildings.

Edit: I missed the "Upgrade 1 of each manifestation to level 3" quest.... If I do that I'm sitting at 60 days:(
Edit2: I also missed the portal upgrade to 4, if I add that, I'm back to 41 days lol:D

Yeah, it's kind of awkward in the beginning stages... If you want to get an actual accurate overall number of days you kind of have to do it in stages. First 'x' off everything below portal 1. Set the portal to portal1 and reasonable number of manifestations you'd have at that time. Then, x off everything below that to get to the next milestone (portal 2 or 3) and then add that to the previous.

My key takeaways from building this is... you don't need nearly as many manifestations as they suggest in quests (especially if you're able to do fast artifacts)... Upgrading the manifestations isn't really needed to complete in reasonable amount of time. [This of course only works for people like me that gave up on the quest line when it asked me to research an optional culture tech "Tree and Lampions and said i'm done)...
Finally, you really only need one sentient level 24 manufactory and having more and continuing to produce them 24x7 will ultimately hold you up on seeds.

But, as i commented in Elementals... I love this guest race because it gives you so many options to complete it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

[This of course only works for people like me that gave up on the quest line when it asked me to research an optional culture tech "Tree and Lampions and said i'm done)...
With the latest update, you should be able to decline quests from old chapters now:)

qaccy

@fasdfTTT Thanks for the fix! I did make a copy, so I put it over there and all is right with the world now! Thanks for clarifying the bit about the Maze as well.

@SoggyShorts I will say that, although I fully utilize my DA for mana when it comes to tech, I do also have the two Masquerade event buildings, the Winter Set (at 3/4 because I missed one of the prizes RAGE) and a Mana Hut. So while it's true that I don't have any need for mana buildings and can meet all of my needs via spells, I do still have several rather efficient ones nonetheless. Nowhere near enough for things like research, at least not at a reasonable speed - if I factor out the DA completely, it would take me about 5 months to generate all of the necessary mana to finish up the chapter. But it'll probably be put to good use as a supplement for things like the road quest you mentioned. :p

Anyone's guess as to when the next chapter will arrive...it could very well be half a year or more after all. The gap between Halflings and Elementals was over 8 months long. :(

SoggyShorts

although I fully utilize my DA for mana when it comes to tech, I do also have the two Masquerade event buildings, the Winter Set (at 3/4 because I missed one of the prizes RAGE) and a Mana Hut.
Yeah I managed to get a 1/2/2/6 winter set, so those, the 2 masq, and 2 mana huts is good for 68K mana per day, and cost me just under 3 expansions. including roads.
It makes a huge difference: A player trying to get 68K mana from libraries, or grape farms needs to use 9 expansions, not 3.
That's why I try to work with the assumption that the "average" player does not have as good a winter set as I do, nor a max level MA.

Anyone's guess as to when the next chapter will arrive...it could very well be half a year or more after all. The gap between Halflings and Elementals was over 8 months long.
I think it should be much shorter this time. The introduction of Sentient goods meant that inno had to wait on chapter 12 until our very spread out playerbase consolidated more towards the end. Now that those players are all together, and in theory are moving together, we should see a near equal number of players ready for the next chapter in 60 days (that number is more or less outta my bum, the spreadsheet says 41 days for you and I, +50% = 60 days)
Add in another 100% increase on top of that estimate (because of some reason I'm not seeing) and we're still only 4 months away.

I certainly hope that is the case anyways. when I hit the end of Halfings, I had the winter event to do, and then about another month for Elementals. I don't believe I'd stick it out for much longer than that.