• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Third wave

Matrickz

Any suggestions to win these. A loss is catastrophic cost of fighter . I know to use feedba . Also to use fighters that attack 2 of the bad guys if I ca . Anything else?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yeah I have been. Why dreadful? What is suggested besides a manual fight
No, Manual fighting is fine. Auto-fighting is terrible. The troops meander around like the proverbial headless chickens.

I don't have much in the way of suggestions. Watch that not only are you strong against two, but that theirs are not strong against yours. Example: even if heavy melee look best because they are strong against heavy ranged and light melee and there is onle on archer on the other side, That archer might do more damage to your heavy ranged than two heavy melee would against your Heavy ranged, because it has a two or three star advantage vs a one star advantage for the HMelee over HRanged. Also, even though Orc Strategists don't get as many stars as your other heavy ranged, they get ranged strikeback, which can have a huge difference in a battle. If you want to dig really deep, look if you can use one type of troop to set up a weakness that your second troop can exploit. And recognize that sometimes shooting one enemy twice does more damage total than shooting two once, because the second shot might get a boost in damage from the first one's effect.

Other than that, I don't really have any strategy suggestions. Improve Ancient Wonders that give your troops extra health or damage, and liberal use of troop-buff buildings.

kctanzen

3 wave battles I avoid -- even with battle huts / fire chicken.
There is simply too much attrition even with manual battle (I am not highly skilled at manual, so that could be part of the problem too).
I use my stash of goods for those 3 wave encounters, and frequently the 2 wave that I attempt.

DeletedUser

@kctanzen Hey this might be odd advice, but the battle mechanics in Elvenar are very similar to the mechanics in the Heroes of might and magic(Homm) games. especially Homm 3, you could play these games to increase your battle skills. without thinking about losing troops.

DeletedUser19458

If you have archers or mages who often have first move, hang them back and make sure the enemies first move can't reach them. Don't just charge enemy first. This forces computer to spread out a bit and they will usually get only a few units closer to you. This lets you pick them off easier without (hopefully) taking hits in return.

Basically play defense - keep out of range until you can kill each in one turn (lure into trap) or you can minimize as much as possible how many hits they will get back on you (do they also have ranged or just melee? Focus on ranged/mages/dogs first) Although a battle takes a little longer, you loose less troops which is the goal in going 3 rounds.

Also as was said, long term you want battle AW's up and if you are fixed on getting this far in the spire coincide with push weeks in tourney where you may have placed your other boosts (UUU, ELR, MMM, DA) or fed your phoenix. I have not found the cost-benefit worth it to go past round 1 in the spire.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
If you have archers or mages who often have first move, hang them back and make sure the enemies first move can't reach them. Don't just charge enemy first. This forces computer to spread out a bit and they will usually get only a few units closer to you. This lets you pick them off easier without (hopefully) taking hits in return.
This is good advice. To build on it. Sometimes the best first move for your archers is to move toward the corners, or to take advantage of the staggered nature of the hex grid and fill in the alternating hexes which are furthest to the left, if it will take them out of range of the enemy.For instance:
upload_2019-10-8_8-8-38.png

My first move with my archers was to disperse them across the most distant hexes. That took them out of range of both enemies, so they can be brought in closer and my fist action means I can get off five shots at the enemy before they get to hit me once. It worked here because the sorceress was in one of the four hexes that are furthest from my line. If she had been in one of the alternate hexes, she would have been close enough after a single move to hit at least one of my archers, and my strategy would have to shift accordingly. Fortunately, when an enemy is in one of the five rows which are not as far away, they are often inside the range of two of my archers. In that case, I could have moved everyone forward and gotten two shots off at the sorceress before she could move. The caveat to all of that is that the Cerberus hound is a bigger threat to my archers than the sorceress, so in this case, because the Cerberus was in one of the closer lines, moving would have put my archers in it's range after a single shot, versus this arrangement, where I can get two shots at the sorceress and three shots at the Cerberus before they can do any damage to me.

I chose to take the three shots at Cerberus first, which took it's health to 2. Since the Cerberus remains the most damaging enemy, rather than using two shots on the Sorceress at this point, I take a fourth at the dog, reducing it to 1, then a fifth, killing it. That left me open to a single attack from the sorceress, rather than a single attack from the dog. She was only able to kill one archer before all five of them were up again. The second shot killed her. I won the encounter with the loss of one single archer. Vs a negotiation cost of 230 coin, 100 supplies, and 2 planks. Replacing one archer costs me 14 supplies, a tiny fraction of the negotiation cost.

DeletedUser22511

If only one type of troops can beat all 3 waves then go for it.
Otherwise I say just use goods....start from coin and supplies.
But then you end up using diamonds...(my diamonds come from wishing wells)
I would avoid 3 waves...so waste of armies, goods, diamonds.
I tried, mixed type of battle, manual fight but lost like 3-4 battles, after that I gave up and result to using goods and diamonds....but I would never go for it...
I ended up using like diamonds 3 times? i don't remember if 75 diamonds or 35 diamonds needed to bribe...well the end result was teleport spell. It was last battle in outskirt of spire.

I only use spire when i am low on spell fragments....otherwise don't think it's worth it. I used to beat all the way to top in outskirt of spire but don't think it's worth it anymore....so I only go as much as I need spell fragments. I don't do battles in interior ever....so heavy loss on armies.. even with manual fight.