• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is not FoE

DeletedUser2768

This is not FoE. PLEASE, for the love of whatever you hold dear, STOP comparing this game to that one. STOP trying to make this game like that one. It could just be me right now, but it seems like every other post is asking for something in THIS game to be made into something that FoE has. I've played that game, I hated it. I like this game the way it is, for the most part.

Risen Malchiah

Mostly I've just seen posts comparing the games due to various elements, like this winter event, that the developers brought over here, and which many people have disliked immensely.

There was also an official Elvenar Facebook post back in October that asked "which historical age would you bring from Forge of Empires into Elvenar" and was utterly horrified at the prospect. Fortunately most of the responses suggested Elvenar should stay Elvenar.

So while I assume this thread is meant to be directed at players, I find it amusing that it could just as equally be directed at the developers as well. ;)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
So while I assume this thread is meant to be directed at players, I find it amusing that it could just as equally be directed at the developers as well. ;)
Absolutely true. And I don't expect the developers to stop doing this. I read an article in November that Inno had reached the 1 billion euro milestone in revenue since inception. They have 8 games & FOE accounted for 500 million of that revenue. I don't play FOE and probably never will (don't like PvP). But if that was my company, I'd have every single game team looking for ways to import FOE features!
Link to article

qaccy

It's virtually impossible as a human being to not draw comparisons between similar experiences. And that's exactly what Elvenar and FoE are. Two similar games. They're different enough to stand on their own and attract different players, but it's definitely not apples and oranges when comparing them.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Thank you for pointing that out. I would have expected someone like Ashrem to make the same faux intellectual comment, but apparently you are more observant than the average bear.
I should probably stop trying to make jokes. I was hoping the "eom" would be a clue that it was meant to be read in a mechanical voice as though coming from a non-human. The jokes I do make are more likely than not to end up in angry tirades.

Cassie3Great

This is not FoE. PLEASE, for the love of whatever you hold dear, STOP comparing this game to that one. STOP trying to make this game like that one. It could just be me right now, but it seems like every other post is asking for something in THIS game to be made into something that FoE has. I've played that game, I hated it. I like this game the way it is, for the most part.
Agreed. I definitely prefer Elvenar to FoE.

DeletedUser2959

Thank you for pointing that out. I would have expected someone like Ashrem to make the same faux intellectual comment, but apparently you are more observant than the average bear.
You like how I did Latin and Spanish in one three word sentence? I must admit, sometimes I impress even myself. It's hard being as awesome as I am, but I think I pull it off pretty gracefully! :D:D:D

Socrates28

I have never played FoE but I have played other PvP games. The problem with them is that another person loses if you win, or you lose if they win. In Elvenar we get to help everyone and no person loses, only the computer.
There are obvious jokes and asides which can be made from the above statement, I hope (soon to be dashed I am sure) that they will not be made.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I should probably stop trying to make jokes. I was hoping the "eom" would be a clue that it was meant to be read in a mechanical voice as though coming from a non-human. The jokes I do make are more likely than not to end up in angry tirades.

I was more making fun of him for saying the same thing as you right after your post.
But you make a good point.
You aren't funny.
But that's OK.
I'm hilarious enough for both of us.

I'm a human being last time I looked.

See

Now that's funny.
Shimmer human
lol lol