• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is not FoE

qaccy

I find the two fun for some of the same, but also some different reasons. The main differences between the two that keep me playing both are Elvenar's city-building feeling a lot more involved and strategic, while I can say the same about battling in FoE. On that subject, FoE's also not as PvP-heavy as some of you may think. Players do have the ability to attack each other in a very limited capacity, but most of the 'PvP' in FoE is more similar to 'competitions' like Elvenar has for the weekly tournaments and for Fellowship Adventures, where you may be competing against others but aren't actually getting in each others' way while doing so.

The Unbeliever

This is not FoE. PLEASE, for the love of whatever you hold dear, STOP comparing this game to that one. STOP trying to make this game like that one. It could just be me right now, but it seems like every other post is asking for something in THIS game to be made into something that FoE has. I've played that game, I hated it. I like this game the way it is, for the most part.
Yes, how DARE some filthy heretics draw comparisons between two games, from the same company even, that are very similar in their design & function! :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that over the past two years, FoE has inspired many very positive additions to Elvenar;
- Spire (great in theory, terrible execution though due to massive resource costs)
- WW's for 'free' diamond generation
- Set buildings
- Evolving buildings
- More 'big' events (carnival in Feb for example was originally an FoE thing, now we have it for even more bags of free swag to go after!)

And likewise, FoE has taken some of the positive and/or more challenging aspects of Elvenar and re-tooled them to fit their game;
- Rotating '3 chests' prize system.
- Cultural Settlements = Guest Races w/slightly different mechanics.
- Pop+Culture prize buildings
- Antiques Dealers = Crafting, only way better! (way less 'pure crap' to shift through)
- etc, etc...

The only 'main' differences really between the two are;
a) Historic -> Futuristic vs. Fantasy
b) FoE has a PvP element, vs. Elvenar which NEVER will! (how many times does INNO even need to repeat this?! Elvenar will NEVER have actual PvP, so stop worrying about it!!)
c) Elvenar is far more strategic & focused on the 'city building puzzle', vs. FoE which is well, full-on bonkers due to every event grand prize being over powered & open access to all the various GB's (aka: AW's) right from Iron Age. :p

I honestly hope that we get even MOAR of the better FoE aspects added here, such as;
- Make Halloween a full-fledged major seasonal event for us too! And yes, please, please, please devs, port over an Elvenar version of the Haunted Library mini game!!:D:D:D

- Really, just please give us an event that uses the Archaeology/Halloween mini game!!
Absolutely the outright best thing added to that other game this year, and boy oh boy, did people throw diamonds at it just to keep playing! (hint-hint INNO - it's easy $$$$$)

- Throw the god-awful FA's in the dumpster where they belong, and give us a new 'sports themed' event. (ie: Orcs vs. Human/Elf football - the proper Canadian kind - not the silly belly-flopping on grass kind that those softie Europeans think is a sport.:p)
Again, make the mini-game more strategic so that player decisions matter.

- Give us some more Def% buildings for our poor troops - would help make the Spire especially much more accessible to the Ch3-10 players.

What we DON'T need however;
- PvP
- The event 'Leagues' system (just no - Elvenar players in general aren't competitive, and don't want a "whales always win" prize system)
- More 'realistic'/'historical' looks to the game... Keep it as High Fantasy as it can go.
- Fellowship Adventures... they suck the life out of the game, and have been a gigantic blight right from the get-go. Replace them with a new 'Special' event that can change themes every year. (ie: one year it's say a 'sports' themed event, then the next year it can be an Orky Pirate themed event, etc...)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes, how DARE some filthy heretics draw comparisons between two games, from the same company even, that are very similar in their design & function!
Your sarcasm is misplaced. They usually compare features that are present or missing, which relates to how the game is played, rather than how the game functions. Monopoly and Masterpeice both have boards and cards and dice and were developed by Parker Brothers and function via a similar template. That doesn't mean that introducing art cards to Monopoly would make it a better game for people who want to play Monopoly not Masterpiece.

I have played both FoE and Elvenar and prefer Elvenar. Yes FoE is pvp and that is so discouraging. You come back the next day to find buildings wrecked and goods stolen. Not for me. I love Elvenar and the appeal is that everybody works together. There are a couple of things in FoE that I would like to come forward, primarily keyboard movement within the cities. Hopefully one day that will happen.

shimmerfly

1578163199661.png
:p

DeletedUser3220

Oh, no! I would never want to play FoE. It don't sound fun at all. It sounds too much like cleaning house...just when you think you've achieved a goal and set to relax and enjoy it someone comes in while you're back is turned and makes a mess. Just as bad... if it gets stolen by someone? Even if I didn't pay in diamonds for it I still used my time to get it. Nope, nope...don't sound fun! I'm glad I read this thread before checking out FoE. Thank you!

qaccy

Oh, no! I would never want to play FoE. It don't sound fun at all. It sounds too much like cleaning house...just when you think you've achieved a goal and set to relax and enjoy it someone comes in while you're back is turned and makes a mess. Just as bad... if it gets stolen by someone? Even if I didn't pay in diamonds for it I still used my time to get it. Nope, nope...don't sound fun! I'm glad I read this thread before checking out FoE. Thank you!

The impact other players can have on your gameplay in FoE is really exaggerated. A player can only attack another player once every 24 hours. If they lose/surrender, nothing happens to the player being attacked. If they win, they get the opportunity for the next 24 hours to steal the production of ONE available building in that player's city. An 'available' building is one that's finished producing, but has not been collected by the owner yet. What this adds up to is a player only being able to steal from a maximum of one building per day, and this only if they happen to look while something is available in the first place. I don't think it's a very significant setback even if it happens, but then again there have been players on FoE complaining about this part of the game ever since I started playing it in 6 years ago so I suppose others get really bothered by it.