• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

This is nuts!!

DeletedUser2870

@Oriah
The gems relics ahould not be too hard to get.

Gems tournament will be right after the dust tournament. My advice to anyone, doesn't matter if you can province fight or not, use the tourneys as a source of relics for your Magic Academy.

Kayleegrrl is right, so in that aspect the timing of the tournament is very lucky for you and tournaments will be the main source of relics from the moment your scout takes more than a day.
Though personally I don't use that many spells, so for me the tournaments are more important as a source of additional KP's than relics

joncrichton

My biggest hurdle even doing manual battles has been the squad size Im up against

forget auto battle province fights they just wear my troops down from superior numbers

tournament fights sure I can win those no problem, squads size is comparable

DeletedUser4834

We've been talking a lot about combat in my Fellowship, and basically everyone is getting thrashed since the big change. I have 288 provinces, and I've won maybe three battles since the big change. I'm part way through Woodelves now, and I haven't conquered a province since I was dealing with dwarves. Yuck!The new folks are getting smashed and frustrated. I really hope they rebalance fighting.

DeletedUser6037

i have not really tried to battle, until today, i won, but by the skin of my nose, i have to train more troops, but that happened before too, i will keep playing and training and see if battles improve, not sure yet....we shall see! i will keep following this to see what happens.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
The new folks are getting smashed and frustrated. I really hope they rebalance fighting.

They have done some re-balancing for new towns. More work is needed but a new town now gets 150 troops to start with. 50 of each light melee, light range and heavy melee troops. They also need to do a lot of in-game education about scouts and their impact on the game.

For your town at 288 provinces hopefully the next guest race sees things start to change for you although it may take until near the end and that is only speculation on my part.

Tauriel Dragonwood

All these guides people have put out to try and help to win a battle is wonderful. But you have to be a rocket Scientist to figure them out! Playing a game shouldn't be this hard! I haven't one a battle since they changed everything. AND I MEAN NOT ONE. This is nuts!! Ya shouldn't need a collage degree to figure out a battle. My game has been at a complete stand still for months. Maybe I'll find another game, ,,something fun.

I know how you feel. Since the battle system was overhauled, I also have difficulty winning fights on the World Map. Maybe to prevent new players from leaving, tournaments have become Fellowship-based Tournaments. Those are the only battles I can finally win. If I want a land expansion (who doesn't?), I have to negotiate. Join a guild then you will be able to participate in the Fellowship Tournaments and start winning battles again.

DeletedUser2870

They have done some re-balancing for new towns. More work is needed but a new town now gets 150 troops to start with. 50 of each light melee, light range and heavy melee troops. They also need to do a lot of in-game education about scouts and their impact on the game.

Yes so I noticed when I started my betacity. And you know what?
It is a bad solution to the problem of fighting. Because now players get a 150 squads right from the start.
The quests in chapter 1 push players to finish a province (6-7x in the chapter) and those are almost every time followed by a quest to solve 3 encounters and a couple of times to win 3 fights.
So right from the start the player is pushed to expand and expand, without any warning about the consequenses of going too far out. I mean, I KNOW the risk and I KNOW about the GZ zone. And I deliberately stopped since I noticed I already had 12 provinces conquered way before ending the research.
And the chest for chapter 2 only requires 10. So players are from the start pushed to overextend and then suddenly their troops get smashed when they suddenly face superior numbers of mistwalkers and orcgenerals etc. And at that point they can train swords and bows, but not the treants so they are pretty much hopelessly stuck.

btw, just as info: how come that when opening the chest for chapter 2 the research indicater tells you you are IN chapter 2 but later on (dont know exactly where yet) you need to finish the advanced scouts to enter the next chapter? Talk about confusing.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/make-start-of-chapter-more-obvious.7237/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3087

Yes so I noticed when I started my betacity. And you know what?
It is a bad solution to the problem of fighting. Because now players get a 150 squads right from the start.
The quests in chapter 1 push players to finish a province (6-7x in the chapter) and those are almost every time followed by a quest to solve 3 encounters and a couple of times to win 3 fights.
So right from the start the player is pushed to expand and expand, without any warning about the consequenses of going too far out. I mean, I KNOW the risk and I KNOW about the GZ zone. And I deliberately stopped since I noticed I already had 12 provinces conquered way before ending the research.
And the chest for chapter 2 only requires 10. So players are from the start pushed to overextend and then suddenly their troops get smashed when they suddenly face superior numbers of mistwalkers and orcgenerals etc. And at that point they can train swords and bows, but not the treants so they are pretty much hopelessly stuck.

btw, just as info: how come that when opening the chest for chapter 2 the research indicater tells you you are IN chapter 2 but later on (dont know exactly where yet) you need to finish the advanced scouts to enter the next chapter? Talk about confusing.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/make-start-of-chapter-more-obvious.7237/
Lots of those quests for fighting and finishing provinces are declinable you are not forced to do it. You are not officially in the chapter until the advanced tech is researched and activated, so if you are wanting an event building with higher stats and can activate the advanced scout for the next chapter that is when to get the event building after the advanced scout is activated.

DeletedUser2870

That may be so, but that is not my point. My point is that I KNOW of the result over overscouting.
A new player will not. A new player also is not exactly encouraged to decline such quests. It is not explained why he should sometimes do so. In fact, quite the opposite, there is a reward for pushing ahead by doing the quest.

As for not being in the next chapter: not so, please read my post carefully.
Like I said, I started a new city.
I went from chapter 1 to being IN chapter 2 according to the indicator on the research screen by opening the chest, NOT by completing the advanced scout tech for chapter2.
So that need to complete that research is something added in a later chapter, which makes it rather confusing for newer players. It also means the game is not consistant on that issue.

DeletedUser6037

I am trying to just do one research at a time, it makes no sense to move to next chapter when one chapter is not done, and i have noted that sometimes you move through a chapter and are sent back to do another troop (i.e. banshee). I like her, don't get me wrong, but if you are moving forward and suddenly have to go back, it is a pooper! Dhurrin, thank you for your tips! What world are you in? I am playing in Khelonar.

DeletedUser2870

@Imrocann
My main world is on the dutch server, my main world on the US server is on Elcysandir.
I have some very small towns on Winyandor and Felyndral, but those are/were tests for specific things and not real playing worlds.
Also a small town on beta, mostly because I wanted to be able to get access to the betaforum

Btw, it's extremely annoying that I can't get rid of those small towns. Apperently they can only remove whole accounts, wiping all worlds, or not at all, but they claim to be unable to remove a city from a single world. Which is a really ridiculous set-up and one I never heard of before. Their other games like TW for instance have no trouble deleting a city/account from one world and leaving the other world(s) to go on.
My smaller towns arent going to disappear because my main account still has some diamonds in it. And with the linked account the smaller cities will stay on as long as I don't use the diamonds.

DeletedUser6037

@Dhurrin yea, I read that we cannot delete a world which we do not use, which is kinda silly! I started in one, did not get very far before I checked out another and then I found myself in Khelonar - where I have a fellowship that I am actually progressing very well in. I enjoy the "family" I have there. I wanted to see what being human would look like, and it is so hard to go to a baby city when you are "high" up in the fellowship you joined...if that makes sense! I would like to check out your world(s) do you go by Dhurrin? thanks for feedback!

DeletedUser2870

@Imrocann
Yup. Everywhere except the dutch server. Even kept the same nick for beta. (I usually take different nicks for different places, so 1 for the US server, 1 for the German server, 1 for the Dutch server etc, just didn't feel like it on beta...guess to me it was still kinda US)

DeletedUser6690

Interesting read...I just happen to be in the same position, having scouted too fast apparently.
Squad size 36 against 90-112 picking off small groups when I can just barely lol.
One thing of note, I could have "planned" better if I was more familiar with the game mechanics.
That involves spending a lot of time running the wiki and forums as any experienced gamer knows.
But I was checking the game out to see if it suited me, as many noobs will do. To hit a wall so soon
in the game does not bode well at all. Most players will need to get hooked on the game before they
up their play by studying how the game works and how to maximize their play (wiki, guides, forum time)
If I studied out every game I might be interested in, I'd need someone to pay my bills and ship fast food
to my hollowed desktop.The devs may want to back this up just a tad or two. After looking into it I'm
facing a week or 2 of paint drying while I attempt to even up. It's much like trying to get back to zero.
I wouldn't expect any noob or interested player to put up with so easy a trap unless the music
hypnotized them...

DeletedUser6037

Sir MitisVis - i too scouted too fast, then i found a great FS, my AM and 2nd in command Mage have guided me very well. I am now flourishing, but still struggling with some upgrades that is because i cannot get enough pop to grow as fast as i want, i should just relax a little...i too did not spend a lot of time reading forums or wiki, i come in here now because some of the changes have caught my attention and made me worried i would not cont'u to grow, but having said that, my FS is great and i think that we are working even harder with one another to help each other grow and forge on thru' the changes.... LOVE your comment that you would need someone to pay your bills if you were to spend time studying every game, sometimes YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY and not be worried about the many many nuances there are to gaining / progressing to #1 - or even #50 or #100! I dont even know my ranking at the moment... i am in the top 5 in my fellowship so I AM PLEASED! happy gaming folks!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
One thing of note, I could have "planned" better if I was more familiar with the game mechanics.

This is something a few members here and on beta are regularly asking for to be better explained in the game. On a positive note there are changes they have and are making to improve things a little. More is needed but the changes are coming along to improve the situation.

DeletedUser6690

Mykan, in your posts I see you have a good grip on the how and why of all this
as well as some good suggestions. Perhaps if they continued the in game pop up windows
and included a few more explanations and tips a new player could get a firm footing.
Dev time and trouble would be minimal and the results would be far greater keeping them.
As for the other battle changes I'm not there yet so just reading and learning.
And in my case TBH I started a couple days before the Valentine event and jumped all over it
like an eager beaver...