• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thornrose Mages retaliate when attacked from 5 hexes away

Archlist

Game version: v1.16.13-(6f6b1c7) (2016-10-26 8:37)
Game world: Khelonaar
Browser + version: IE 11
Flash Player version: 23.0.0.185
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Screen resolution: 1366x768
Account name: Archlist
Humans or Elves: Human

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation:
While battling in the current Steel Tournament, the newly released Thornrose Mages strike back at attacking units if they are 5 hexes away. When being attacked form a distance of 4 or 3, they don't retaliate (haven't checked if they retaliate correctly when the attacking unit is on an adjacent hex, or if the behavior is similar for the World Map encounters).

Expected situation:
Either the Thornrose Mages should retaliate when attacked from any distance within their range, or, like melee units, only if attacked from an adjacent hex. (For comparison, Knights also have a range greater than 1 but they only strike back when attacked from an adjacent hex.)

Reproduction Steps
Start a battle in the current Steel Tournament containing one or more Thornrose Mage units.
2. Attack a Thornrose Mage from distance 5 -- observe that it strikes back after the attack.
3. Attack from a distance 3 or 4 -- no strikeback will occur.

Last edited:

Archlist

I believe this report can safely be closed -- the issue was apparently resolved a couple of weeks after my post, when update 1.17 was rolled out. Thornrose Mages are now retaliating whenever the attacking unit is within their range, and Knights also started to strike back from 2 spaces away, so everything in this respect seems to be in line with each other.

DeletedUser4671

Yes, this issues has been fixed. I apologize for not updating you on this matter.