• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thornwood is looking for one special person to complete our team

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Here we go again. We have one spot opening up in the morning. We're doing a casual FA this time, but we will still get all the prizes on all three maps.

We could really use someone with marble, elixir, or scrolls, but we'll consider anyone who is very active and wants to tourney, spire, and play with the big kids without a high-pressure environment. Our minimums are reasonable and achievable even by newer players. (1000 in tourney.)

Here's our usual blurb:

If you're looking for a fellowship that is very active but not insane high pressure, that ranks very well (top 40, generally) but not obsessive about score, Thornwood may be for you. Here are some of our features:

Silver Spire weekly except on Gold pushes (monthly). We always make gold on our push weeks!
Average 12-13 chests per week, sometimes going up to 14 on rare weeks
Mage positions are working titles ... mages have a specific task and pulls their weight. You can be assured that someone is always there to help in a specific task.

Check out our overview when you are in game for a general idea of how we operate and our requirements.

Thornwood is addictive because of good people who know their specific jobs and do them well. We are willing to do uneven trades if you are using such trades to help the group in the spire/tourney. A score of at least 100K would be great, but we have some wonderful new players who have much less and are growing fast.

I wrote the following poem because it speaks from my heart. I once chased weekly gold in spire and left Thornwood, but it haunted my thoughts because of the wonderful people, the great organizational abilities, and the camaraderie. Weekly gold is tiring, and I wanted something challenging but not exhausting. Silver spire weekly, with occasional gold pushes, fits that bill. We have FUN in our fellowship, with kp prizes during spire pushes, an anniversary mage to celebrate your Thornwood anniversary, and other great perks. Come try us, see what we're like and take a test drive. No hard feelings if it doesn't work out. We understand how important the right "fit" is. --Darielle, Archmage, Spire Mage

Thornwood is a magical place,
For those who play with vigor and grace,
Your efforts rewarded, your time well spent,
Among family and friends with an ethical bent,
And if you should wander far away,
The light will stay on, day after day,

The children of Thornwood, they come and they go,
No feelings of guilt, when they wish to know,
What's out there. .. Go try it! And then come back,
Our light will beckon to this familiar track,
And when you return, your friends will smile
Glad you're here for however long a while.

Thornwood will capture your mind and your soul,
While granting you freedom to try another goal,
We do not cling; we do not keep,
And yet, we remain in your mind, very deep.
Once you've known our camaraderie within
No matter your travels, your heart, we will win.

Come try us! You'll always return. I did. :)

Last edited:

Darielle

And the spot is now open! Thank you, lovely Elvenarians, for your consideration!

Darielle

Still looking; we give out virtual goodies in the spire. (Okay, yeah, it's a bribe.) :)

Darielle

Our spire* push party starts July 3rd. We'll have a blast on the roof of the spire, with a special song, stories, virtual food and virtual drinks, plus LOTS of kp prizes for leveling up in the spire (or even for just participating in the spire party story/song threads!) We're going to have lots of fun. If you arrive a week early you'll be able to participate in the spire party. If you arrive that week, you'll miss a lot of the fun (bummer.) Just FYI. I hope you like the spire, but even if you think you don't (as I once did), you'll find lots of help and fighting tips, negotiation tips, etc, so that you, too, can become a spire master!

*Remember, you must have the spire in order to participate. Thanks!

Darielle

We just had a new spot open up yesterday. As in the opening post, we're doing a casual FA this time (next time will be insane, but this time we'll have an easy peasy 1 path per map FA). We could use a marble boosted player, but we'll take anyone who truly loves the game and will be more active than a casual player. Gold pushes once a month in spire (which may be more frequent in the future). Average 12-13 chests in tourney. A great group with no black triangles ... we're dedicated to the game without the pressure of weekly gold. Minimum in spire is only 1000, not the 1600 that so many ask for. So yes, we are VERY active ... we're just not crazy, lol.

(okay, I lied, we are crazy .... but that's another story.) Everything in the opening post still applies. Ask me a question; I'd be happy to answer whether or not you join! :)

Darielle

We're still looking for one active person ... consider coming to Thornwood. :)

Darielle

One more slot just opened up this morning. The person who left said that we were the "perfect" fellowship and that he truly loved us, but that he had made a prior promise to a friend that he would join that fellowship whenever a slot opened. Apparently the other person had worked hard to open one for him, and he couldn't go back on his word. We're at the top of his list if things don't work out. That fits with the above poem I wrote, and in the spirit of Thornwood.

So here we go again! Please apply to Thornwood in Sinya Arda, and I'll get back to you asap.

Here are our stats, to see if they fit with what you're looking for:

Semi-relaxed but very active group

1000 minimum tourney score

Gold pushes in spire at least once a month (sometimes more)

Silver spire all other times.

No spire minimum, but during pushes we ask that you participate as much as you can (we will help you do that)

Generally 12 chests in tourney, sometimes 13 or 14.

Your Thornwood anniversary recognized

Your milestones recognized

Great group of helpful people

Alternate FA pushes (we completely chill every other FA earning only the map prizes, but the ones we do go for are pretty intense ... we earned 4th place earlier this year).

AW kp threads with voluntary participation

Thank you. <3

Darielle

One slot just opened! We're looking for a very active player with experience, but one who doesn't like strict requirements, such as high spire or tourney scores, etc. Life happens, so we have fairly easy expectations. However, we still get 11 or 12 chests (sometimes 13 or 14) in tourney and gold in spire about every 3-4 weeks (the rest of the time silver), so for a less intense fellowship, we do great. We're in the top 40 on Sinya. If you play daily, have been around a while, and participate in spire/tourney weekly, please give us a try. And let me know if you're interested even if we're full. I can usually find a slot for you if you fit this description.