• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

Iyapo1

@jesikrey

This badge is giving everyone an equally hard time. Spire players in Spire FSs have an "easier time" because they have more FS spire rewards(CCs and timers).

A chapter 3 spire player in a spire FS can make just as many as a chapter 17 spire player in a spire FS.

These badges are obnoxious for everyone but they are one of the few badges that low level cities can produce in the same amount as megalopolis cities.

Iyapo1

I really like this badge. I think it is an excellent way to introduce players to the mystical object and all the diamonds you can win in it.

Players who make a lot of these badges will get to open the mystical object 2-4 times during the FA. I love that! Pursuing this badge results in a potentially awsome reward for individual players.

Dew Spinner

@jesikrey

This badge is giving everyone an equally hard time. Spire players in Spire FSs have an "easier time" because they have more FS spire rewards(CCs and timers).

A chapter 3 spire player in a spire FS can make just as many as a chapter 17 spire player in a spire FS.

These badges are obnoxious for everyone but they are one of the few badges that low level cities can produce in the same amount as megalopolis cities.
That's not true, higher chapter cities in a Spire FS most likely have multiples of the Spire Library sets making many more CCs than a lower chapter city can. Also most higher chapter cities have a fully leveled MA whereas a lot of lower chapter cities do not.

Dew Spinner

I really like this badge. I think it is an excellent way to introduce players to the mystical object and all the diamonds you can win in it.

Players who make a lot of these badges will get to open the mystical object 2-4 times during the FA. I love that! Pursuing this badge results in a potentially awsome reward for individual players.
You can't do this with limited CCs, the Spire does not give enough of these to run your crafting 24/7, you need multiple Spire Library sets to do that.

AtaguS

I think this is one of those badges forcing fss to organize well. Unless a player has 100s of CCs and TIs stored (happens but I don't know if it's the norm), they are a slow badge to amass. So it's an all-hands-on-deck type of badge for a decent FA push. If everyone in the fs commits to making and dropping a certain number each day...it becomes a much more manageable hurdle.

(This is not an endoresment of the badge, btw. It personally irks me to no end when I'm 1 vapor shy of the 9, and must burn CCs to craft something worth 3 or more vapors. arggggh)

Iyapo1

That's not true, higher chapter cities in a Spire FS most likely have multiples of the Spire Library sets making many more CCs than a lower chapter city can. Also most higher chapter cities have a fully leveled MA whereas a lot of lower chapter cities do not.
I said a chapter 3 spire city can do this. I did not say most of them do this. (In chapter 3 and into 4 the relics were my limiting factor)

Most players irregardless of chapter do not get out of the high halls, and most FSs do not get enough FS rewards to justify the expense of climbing. So, safe to say, most players dont run the MA 24/7.

kriz-te

This is my 2nd FA and not sure if I just lucked out w/the FA and a Scrolls Tournament overlapping or what, but I only had like 3 scroll relics before the tournament, so that's the only reason I've been able make CCs, and subsequently this badge. Being newer, it seems like one of those badges the higher level members have more of so I throw mine in first chance I get figuring every little bit helps. Only recently figured out Spire is good for getting fragments, which I like because there was a lot I wasn't willing to disenchant. I wouldn't have learned about MA and all it does as fast ad I did without that first FA. Still, I hear ya. It is annoying to look my options and see 3's and a 8 or a 10 and be short fragments, so yeah. Mixed feels from me indeed.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You can't do this with limited CCs, the Spire does not give enough of these to run your crafting 24/7, you need multiple Spire Library sets to do that.

Players also should use all the free diamonds they get in-game to upgrade the MA before anything else. Getting the production time of a CC down to 6 hours because your MA is level 5 really helps. Plus, level 5 means more spell fragments for smaller cities when disenchanting.

jesikrey

You say this like this is some obscure niche type of player and not the thing everyone should be doing cause that's where all the rewards are at.
My FS plays the spire but is not something that we push, not everyone is that dedicated to spire.

Iyapo1

Just the fact that items with 1,15,15 2, and 3 VVs appear in the MA
lol, so this morning I made 4 residue badges on one cycle...that hardly ever happens! I was delighted!
I might be easily amused.
You say this like this is some obscure niche type of player and not the thing everyone should be doing cause that's where all the rewards are at.
Based off the leaderboards it is certainly not most players.

jesikrey

lol, so this morning I made 4 residue badges on one cycle...that hardly ever happens! I was delighted!
I might be easily amused.
thumb_ugh-lucky-memegenerator-net-lucky-napoleon-dynamite-memes-memes-pics-54018356.png

Dew Spinner

I said a chapter 3 spire city can do this. I did not say most of them do this. (In chapter 3 and into 4 the relics were my limiting factor)

Most players irregardless of chapter do not get out of the high halls, and most FSs do not get enough FS rewards to justify the expense of climbing. So, safe to say, most players dont run the MA 24/7.
You need to run your MA 24/7 to make even nominal amounts of this badge.

Dew Spinner

Players also should use all the free diamonds they get in-game to upgrade the MA before anything else. Getting the production time of a CC down to 6 hours because your MA is level 5 really helps. Plus, level 5 means more spell fragments for smaller cities when disenchanting.
A lot of players don't know this at first and it can be past chapter 3 before you have enough for both upgrades.