• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Since the FA started, I have burned through my stash of CCs and time instants, so that I could craft literally every single recipe (with the exception of the ones requiring blueprints) every single rotation (no, I didn't miss a single one). All of them. You know how many arcanes I have in inventory? Zero. Zip. Nada. And right now our fs is stuck on a pit stop requiring arcanes, staring at the MA clock and wanting a turnover so that we can move. Don't tell me these are good badges. I have more garbage crafted than I could ever possibly want. The only thing I can do with the garbage is disenchant, and for what? Spell fragments that I'll never run out of until the zombie apocalpse. I literally detest this badge more than I have ever detested anything on Elvenar ever, since day one.

I'm not the only one making these stupid things. Most of our fellowship is in the same boat. Yes, we are currently number one on Sinya Arda, and so yes, we've burned through a ton of arcanes mostly in the pit. But we were number one before the arcanes first originated. The only thing the arcanes have done is make everyone frustrated. It's one of the biggest mistakes Inno has ever made. Frustration is not the key to a game's success.

Sure, arcanes are fun if you're only doing maybe 20 of them over the whole FA, or if you aren't going for a number one finish. But when you're in a competitive group that normally loves the FA, you're not going to stop at 20 arcanes per person. You're going to use every single cc you've got, and probably every time instant, too.

I think the ONLY reason Inno created this badge was to push people into buying diamonds. Funny, but for me it's done the opposite. I resent it so much that I doubt I will ever buy diamonds again, despite still loving the game and my team overall.

Darielle

@Dew Spinner The blue path all three stages requires 35 AR badges, the green path requires 52, and the yellow path requires 79.

Those numbers dont require 24/7 production unless you're in a FS of 3
You forgot the arcanes in the pit. The pit takes more arcanes than the maps do ... by far, unless you don't care about score.

Edit: I see Dew beat me to mentioning that. But it is very relevant. Sure, there are lots of people who only want to do one path, get the rewards and forget the pit. Is that what Inno is leading us to? Do they really want the competition to die out? Then what's the point of the FA at all? The prizes are too terrible to be worth it. It's the camaraderie and competition that are the main point of the game, and Inno is killing that.

Last edited:

Darielle

That's just it. They are not more limited. By chapter 4 a spire city in a spire FS can make as many AR badges as a chapter 17 spire city in a spire FS. Even without moonstone sets. You just have to use speedups for crafting CCs.
Chapter 1 and 2 cities are extremely limited but even they can make the minimum.
How many speedups or time instants do you think a chapter four player has accumulated? I've used 100s so far. In chapter 4 I barely had a tenth of that number. They were as precious as gold to me.

WolfSinger

Personally, I refuse to waste CC's, Timers or Diamonds (refreshing) in order to participate in the FA. If there is nothing that I am interested in crafting I will wait until the next cycle The only time I spend diamonds refreshing is if I haven't seen pet food in a day or two. The prizes awarded in the FA just aren't worth the effort. If my FA hits the pit, I finish the last set of collections I have brewing and then delete the extra buildings and put my city back to normal.

kriz-te

This is such an interesting thread to follow as a new player (in Ch4! ha) with all the insights to how the FA used to be. All I can add is that yes, my FS is doing one path, and will probably ignore the pit, at least that's what I observed in my first FA. It's pretty casual but we do like the working together part and don't care about rankings against other FS. Honestly, I was super new for my first FA and thought "bottomless pit" meant we could just toss all the extra/leftover badges in at once for points! Was disappointed to see there were still counts to meet and only certain ones to move on. but that's another topic :) I think this time I've only made something like 6 AR so far, yes using up all the CC I had and a lot of my time instants I'd amassed. I also don't want to craft stuff just to craft it, I'll craft relics or instants, and wait for the next cycle. I do like that I can still largely play like normal and earn badges, paying attention to collecting badges.

CrusaderMichael

AR isn't bad if you tell people a week before FA what's up, or if you belong to an FA where players just know without having to be told.

Not saying this to be mean, but any FS that's complaining about AR's now, obviously didn't prepare and thus started the FA off shooting themselves in the foot.

Some of you obviously were never taught about the grasshopper and the ant.

StarLoad

AR isn't bad if you tell people a week before FA what's up, or if you belong to an FA where players just know without having to be told.

Not saying this to be mean, but any FS that's complaining about AR's now, obviously didn't prepare and thus started the FA off shooting themselves in the foot.

You have no clue, that is obvious, you cant Prep for the AR during the week before it starts, you cant prep for it the day before either.
This badge is one you must craft on the fly and is more wasteful than helpful.

Please go back to FoE and play there ...

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Seriously, 1 badge guy, your rookie status is showing again.

I mean what are you even talking about? "Prepare" how? Do you think that players who have been here for more than a minute don't know that an FA is coming after an event? These fellowships that are complaining about the residue badges have been doing so since before you started playing.
Most advanced players and certainly any who care about the FA are making CCs 24/7 in their MA regardless of when the FA is coming, so what should they have done differently?

The Dunning–Kruger Effect on full display with some of your posts...

Dew Spinner

Obviously you were never taught that 5 day military buildings, pet food and time boosters are a very integral part of the game and you can not just pass them up while trying to build a cache for FA or burn through the resources needed to craft them during the FA.

Dew Spinner

Seriously, 1 badge guy, your rookie status is showing again.

I mean what are you even talking about? "Prepare" how? Do you think that players who have been here for more than a minute don't know that an FA is coming after an event? These fellowships that are complaining about the residue badges have been doing so since before you started playing.
Most advanced players and certainly any who care about the FA are making CCs 24/7 in their MA regardless of when the FA is coming, so what should they have done differently?

The Dunning–Kruger Effect on full display with some of your posts...
You do enlighten me, I am always Googling stuff you say to find it's meaning! LOL

Darielle

Personally, I refuse to waste CC's, Timers or Diamonds (refreshing) in order to participate in the FA. If there is nothing that I am interested in crafting I will wait until the next cycle The only time I spend diamonds refreshing is if I haven't seen pet food in a day or two. The prizes awarded in the FA just aren't worth the effort. If my FA hits the pit, I finish the last set of collections I have brewing and then delete the extra buildings and put my city back to normal.
I won't use diamonds to turn over the MA clock. To me, diamonds destroy the camaraderie of the game, and make it a case of "who has more money?" But since my team always goes for number one in the FA, I do waste a ton of ccs and time instants. It's a matter of helping the team; it's not a matter of whether the crafts are any good. We go all out for each other, and it usually pays off. We're in the number one spot now and leading by more than 3K points. I understand that many people don't care about that. If they don't, then they won't (or at least shouldn't) join a fellowship that does. To each his or her own, and the more variety the better. Personally, that's why I love Elvenar, because there are so many different kinds of groups and different ways to play depending on your style.

Darielle

Not saying this to be mean, but any person who doesn't understand the difficulties this badge has created obviously has never been in a fellowship that does all three paths on every map and finishes in the top three spots in every FA. Amassing enough ccs is half the problem, and the easier half. Preparation for the FA is a no-brainer for the top fellowships. Those who do that understand where I'm coming from.

Dew Spinner

Not saying this to be mean, but any person who doesn't understand the difficulties this badge has created obviously has never been in a fellowship that does all three paths on every map and finishes in the top three spots in every FA. Amassing enough ccs is half the problem, and the easier half. Preparation for the FA is a no-brainer for the top fellowships. Those who do that understand where I'm coming from.
It continually amazes me how many player don't understand what the word "competitive" means! We are having the same problem with a couple of players in my FS. They applied and were accepted into a competitive FS and don't want to do tourney, spire or FA or do very little of them and when confronted about it they say "I didn't realize that would be expected of me"!

Darielle

It continually amazes me how many player don't understand what the word "competitive" means! We are having the same problem with a couple of players in my FS. They applied and were accepted into a competitive FS and don't want to do tourney, spire or FA or do very little of them and when confronted about it they say "I didn't realize that would be expected of me"!
I can sympathize, Dew. My AM has had to boot a couple of people, and that's never fun. We rewrote the Overview to include very specific minimum expectations, ie, minimum 1K points in tourney each week, minimum bronze level in spire, and our focus on FAs. I think that helped avoid that. And we are full ... 25 people now and all of them participated. We've had good luck in drawing good people lately. I wish you the best of luck as well.

Dew Spinner

I can sympathize, Dew. My AM has had to boot a couple of people, and that's never fun. We rewrote the Overview to include very specific minimum expectations, ie, minimum 1K points in tourney each week, minimum bronze level in spire, and our focus on FAs. I think that helped avoid that. And we are full ... 25 people now and all of them participated. We've had good luck in drawing good people lately. I wish you the best of luck as well.
I see your FS kicking butt on the FA, Good for your FS!

Iyapo1

Not saying this to be mean, but any person who doesn't understand the difficulties this badge has created obviously has never been in a fellowship that does all three paths on every map and finishes in the top three spots in every FA.

If you want to be number 1 your going to work for it. The FSs that you are competing with for the top spot are facing the exact same difficulty.

Most players do not craft everything in the MA 24/7 during the FA. Most players in FS aiming for the top spot....dont craft everything in the MAs 24/7 during the FA.
5 ARs per day per player would net a score of over 61k. Most FS absolutely do not even do that much.

Dew Spinner

If you want to be number 1 your going to work for it. The FSs that you are competing with for the top spot are facing the exact same difficulty.

Most players do not craft everything in the MA 24/7 during the FA. Most players in FS aiming for the top spot....dont craft everything in the MAs 24/7 during the FA.
5 ARs per day per player would net a score of over 61k. Most FS absolutely do not even do that much.
That sure would amount to a boat load of CCs! Darielle's FS is at 35,500 pts. right now.

Last edited:

CrusaderMichael

You have no clue, that is obvious, you cant Prep for the AR during the week before it starts, you cant prep for it the day before either.
This badge is one you must craft on the fly and is more wasteful than helpful.

Please go back to FoE and play there ...

you prep by not burning away certain resources in MA a week or more in advance, so you can do them as a FS in a timely manner during the FA

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1178646

Since the FA started, I have burned through my stash of CCs and time instants, so that I could craft literally every single recipe (with the exception of the ones requiring blueprints) every single rotation (no, I didn't miss a single one). All of them. You know how many arcanes I have in inventory? Zero. Zip. Nada. And right now our fs is stuck on a pit stop requiring arcanes, staring at the MA clock and wanting a turnover so that we can move. Don't tell me these are good badges. I have more garbage crafted than I could ever possibly want. The only thing I can do with the garbage is disenchant, and for what? Spell fragments that I'll never run out of until the zombie apocalpse. I literally detest this badge more than I have ever detested anything on Elvenar ever, since day one.

I'm not the only one making these stupid things. Most of our fellowship is in the same boat. Yes, we are currently number one on Sinya Arda, and so yes, we've burned through a ton of arcanes mostly in the pit. But we were number one before the arcanes first originated. The only thing the arcanes have done is make everyone frustrated. It's one of the biggest mistakes Inno has ever made. Frustration is not the key to a game's success.

Sure, arcanes are fun if you're only doing maybe 20 of them over the whole FA, or if you aren't going for a number one finish. But when you're in a competitive group that normally loves the FA, you're not going to stop at 20 arcanes per person. You're going to use every single cc you've got, and probably every time instant, too.

I think the ONLY reason Inno created this badge was to push people into buying diamonds. Funny, but for me it's done the opposite. I resent it so much that I doubt I will ever buy diamonds again, despite still loving the game and my team overall.
You might hate this badge, because it slows you down so much, your stuck and you hate it.
I looked at the t10 of your fellowship and it looks like resonable towns that obviously prepared for the FA making room for loads of workshops / factories for example
But remember that the fact your standing a chance on the first place and not be obliterated by towns like this is that same stupid badge.
Some FA towns pre this change looked like this:

1615733905238.png

https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/a01eeb0771f24f9e87b5229174e8b60d/

This is a city that a player abandoned when he/she left in chapter 12. and another one took it over as an FA town and adjusted it accordingly.
This is how a top FA town looks like, when you do not have a hatred badge like the esotheric one.

And yes almost all additions are added to create revenue, this is no different, why do you think they offer those ridiculous expensive advanture package.

You play the spire, if you love the FA so much you can ditch all those free diamonds in the MA. you do not have to spend a single penny in this new format. tho if someone is willing to throw a 1000 dollars at it, you will not win. so be it.

But I do not see people throw that kind of money at it. right now you and your fellowship can participate for that first spot because cities like the above are no longer effective.

And maybe it would be wise to skip an FA to you can recouperate your CC.

In the end it's a war of attrition and going into the battle unprepared is often not a winning strategy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
At least we can't blame people spending real money to get extra residue or bracelet badges to finish faster, because neither of those badges are in the badge bundles that popped up for sale yesterday. For that matter, the $50 bundle only includes 7 of the 16 badge types. I have never bothered to even look at those before, but now I know not to blame the money spenders on buying their way into 1st place.