• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts about Arcane Residue...

neeronie

There is your problem, you want to be at the top and not pay the prize.
Make a choice, either pay or ignore the top.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Who is saying anything about wanting to be on top, I am saying that it should be doable by most Fellowships without stripping them bare. Just as in life there will always be someone stronger, someone taller, someone more talented, I get that. My fellowship on Winy made it to top 20 when it was ranked in the mid 400's by sheer dint of well and effort before the changes, so you if the team wanted it, it could be done. This system just works for the biggest and most experienced. So if they want to keep things as they are don't offer it as if it is "Fellowship Adventure" for all.

As you most clearly pointed out, it has been designed for 25 experienced players, in a fellowship who can do 20 provinces each, every tournament between Fellowship Adventure who can collect excess items to battle it out for the top spots. While I am saying, it should be a Fellowship Adventure that most Fellowships can complete 3 stages without having weeks of recovery.

neeronie

you dont need to be experienced but being open to option.

But just like a raid on a MMORPG designed for 25 people it becomes a lot harder to impossible if you do it with less or even alone.

No but just like the tournaments without 25 players you impose a handicap on yourself.
it's intended to be played by 25 people, and therefore designed for 25 people.
It's like an MMORPG where a special boss is designed to be defeated with 15 people, it might be possible but very hard with 10, but they will not make it easier just because decide to show up with 3 or 5 or 10 people.

View attachment 9404
Yup it works just fine :D

There is your problem, you want to be at the top and not pay the prize.
Make a choice, either pay or ignore the top.
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

There is a tournament every week, nobody tells you to collect all those spells in 1 week.

Dew Spinner

Arcane is also the only badge that results in it's own prizes. By the end of the FA I will have 3 or 4 mystical objects to open.
I open my MA chest 3 times a week now, and by the time players are done with FA they will have no resources to open it as often as they regularly do for a week or two. How is that getting anything extra? You are taking from 1 or 2 weeks to give to another week.

Dew Spinner

There is no problem with the badge if you play casual and just enjoy the FA without battling for the top spots.
If you do some normal crafting of normal buildings with 25 people, no need to exert yourself you get enough badges to complete all 3 maps fully.

And if you want to compete for those top spots, you pay the price.

I could make the same argument about tournaments.
1600 points is needed for 10 chests. it takes no effort to get 1600 points as long as you have unlocked enough provinces.
But when you want to be on at the top spots you pay a price.

Each week 2 weeks I spend 8 combat buildings, each week I spend multiple pet food, hundreds of hours of timeboosters and millions of goods to to be at those places.
Should I complain how the tournament sucks out every last bit out of my city because I want to be at those top places?
Or should I accept that those places come at a price?

Which of the 2 makes more sense to you?
@Darielle the same question to you which makes more sense?
Your tournament decision is individual past 1600 pts., FA is imposed on players by FS, it's not an individual decision. If I like my FS and don't want to leave I have to play the way the FS plays. Trust me, I am all for 1 path on all 3 maps and no pit! My FS isn't.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Your tournament decision is individual past 1600 pts., FA is imposed on players by FS, it's not an individual decision. If I like my FS and don't want to leave I have to play the way the FS plays. Trust me, I am all for 1 path on all 3 maps and no pit! My FS isn't.
Are you saying your FS made you all put 120ish level one buildings in your city ? How many arcanes were you each ordered to make? Enquiring minds want to know.

Dew Spinner

Are you saying your FS made you all put 120ish level one buildings in your city ? How many arcanes were you each ordered to make? Enquiring minds want to know.
We weren't ORDERED to make any, You are either a Team Player or you are not. Don't worry people are keeping tabs on who is dropping what. Players not being Team Players are frowned upon. It's like dropping 180 pts. on touney just to get the prizes...frowned upon!

Dew Spinner

Keeping track and frowning at slackers!

This is why you should join a FS full of like minded players! Stress reduction.
I like my FS very much, You don't leave because of not liking 1 thing, hence the saying don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

Dew Spinner

Stop playing dumb, you know how FA works, the players who have the room, use the room.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
No I am not competing with my fellows, I Am Being A Team Player. You do know what a Team Player is, right?

Yep, being really good at following orders and doing what you are told. And if whoever is in charge is a bad manager/leader, then your team fails because they are bad at giving orders for you to follow.

neeronie

Keeping track and frowning at slackers!

This is why you should join a FS full of like minded players! Stress reduction.
This is in reply to all the replies. that were made on this thread to Dew Spinner which just picked at him. Giving ones opinion and badgering and belittling a response are two different things. I think the changes made to this game in the last year have not met the needs of many, many players who enjoyed it for years. I for one enjoyed helping new players and working as a team with my fellows in several differ worlds so much that I created 2 additional accounts. Now I am ready to hang my banner in a closet. This "discussion" on Forum is a perfect example of what has become of this game site. It seems to meet the needs of players who enjoy games that are designed for players who crave and enjoy very aggressive. intense games, nothing wrong there, just not what this game was all about 4 years ago. Joining a Fellowship of like mined players is a good suggestion. I am having a hard time with seeing newer players to this game get so frustrated by the demands. On the whole, I would have to admit that it is not for me anymore.

Last edited:

Kekune

It's a group decision not an individual one. Tournament past 1600 pts. is an individual decision.
Not in all fellowships. Anybody who persisted in doing 1600 points in my main group would eventually be shown to the door. And in my smaller group, quite a bit less is acceptable.

Just like with the FA, each group has a threshold for tourney expectations. They're not all set at 1600.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
It's a group decision not an individual one. Tournament past 1600 pts. is an individual decision.

No it isn't there are fellowships that have higher goals.

Either to get 19 chest or compete vs other fellowships in the world.

Nobody forces to do all this much, nobody forces you to be in a fellowship that demands you do this much.
It's your choice, and you pay the price for your choice.

It's silly to demand that you should be able to do a top FA run without costs.
Just as it's silly to demand you should be able to do your share with little more effort than 1600 points in a 19 chest Fellowship with 300K tournament points.

Each of us has to decide in what kind of fellowship we want to be.

Ps. in the old format with your argument you could have been forces to destroy your entire town with only a main hall, builders hutt, barracks and some pop culture buildings left and only own level 1 workshops and manufactories.
At least according to your teamplayer argument thats what you should have done previously.

I am pretty sure you would have said no, I am willing to go this far and that is it, the same applies to this. you can say I am willing to spend X and that is it. maybe that becomes X+ a bit but it should never become 2-3-4-5-6 times X.
And if thats not good enough for your fellowship it's time to move on.

I am pretty sure not all 25 players do Y times X there are for sure a few who do less in it.

I have been in a very active FA fellowship, I teached them from rookies to a level 10 chest fellowship in the old format. I teached them more effective FA plays. and then the Spire arrived I got them to make the jump to a gold fellowship after a while.
But when they went mad in the FA on a new world I was like I can do this and thats it. nothing more because it takes to much of a toll on my city and I am not willing to take that.
They accepted my limitations, and if they would not have done that I would have moved on.

Thats how it should be. communications is also being a good teamplayer, make sure to others where your boundries are.

Just like someone else made the argument my Archmage decides....
I am an Archmage myself but I decide not much. my fellowship runs itself. and decisions are most of the time made by listening to my fellows.
I do not force anything, what I sometimes do when I think something is interesting or important is to seek to motivate my fellows. have them make there own decision to try/test and join me. if they don't I do not blame them, if someone else blame them I take them in protection and fire back.

Somehow every single time I get all the noses the same way, not by telling them what to do, but with showing benefits and to show them by example.
I can also steer the future by picking my new recruits when someone decides to move on. but thats as much as I can do.

So if they say no, then it's no.

Iyapo1

Here is a list of the individual prizes I won during the FA in my chapter 5 city for making AR badges like a maniac.
20210317_104712.jpg
20210317_105511.jpg
20210317_105436.jpg
20210317_105409.jpg

20210317_105214.jpg
20210317_105113.jpg

I actually feel pretty well rewarded!

Attachments

• 20210317_105436.jpg
    20210317_105436.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

jesikrey

Don't worry people are keeping tabs on who is dropping what. Players not being Team Players are frowned upon. It's like dropping 180 pts. on touney just to get the prizes...frowned upon!
Oh my.... that is a lot of work to keep tabs on and stressful too. But everyone runs their FS how they want to, if it works for you guys go at it :)