• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Thoughts so far

DeletedUser

I have been playing this game for a week getting on numerous times a day. While the game has potential, some things need to be changed / fixed.

1. Quests. So far a nice balance, there has only been 1 quest that I declined and that was to build some level 5 workshops. It just wasn't worth the reward to slow down my other items.

2. non active neighbors. Something needs to be changed so that each person has active players around them. While I help everyone each day, I have not received any help for the entire week. Most of the players around me only have 2-4 buildings which means they didn't ever log back into the game. The rest built around 10 buildings and then quit. While it might require some careful scripting to ensure that each players map does not change, I think you need to eliminate non active players with active players every update or as needed. You can start with regions that have a high non active rate and move the active players to new more active region replacing their non active players. If a non active player ever comes back they can always be moved after the next update.

3. Combat. While better than FOE, there could be some random obstacles so every fight is not the same. I would like to see occasional bigger or smaller map due to terrain.

4. Buildings. It would be nice to rotate the non-square buildings. I saw in another thread that you would need 4 different versions of each building. That is incorrect, you would only need 2 versions if the building isn't square. We don't need to see the back end of the building, we just want to play tetris with our buildings.

5. Technology tree- It would be nice if you didn't have to get the advancements in the goods that you don't need. I watched a video saying how you would be able to go military or economic route. That is incorrect. Most of the tech choices are already made for you. By making optional branches in the tech tree you allow people to take some personal ownership of their city.

Well back to work. Be back in 3 hours to collect and produce.

DeletedUser61

This is a City Builder, and we're consequently pretty fond of complex goals that require some finesse. Including ALL of the technologies, in both the Tech Tree and the main Quest sequence, is a simple way to define a very complex goal.

While I think the quest text, in particular, should indicate that non-boosted buildings are suboptimal, I'm quite content to have goals that are inherent to the game, and might even be useful, rather that putting up with an artificial storyline just to get some complex quests.

DeletedUser

My main complaint with quests is the one's you don't want to do, but can't decline. I have a Beta account where I want to see how far I can get with a totally pacifist town, which means a quest slot will forever be occupied by the demand that I build a barracks I will never use and cannot sell/demolish.

I've posted several times regarding never- or barely-played, abandoned accounts. I don't think the devs are listening to that complaint right now.

More obstacles clutter the battlefield the further you get from your city. Wait and see what it's like 5-7 hexes distant.

I'm pretty sure building rotation will never happen. It would reduce the space-using challenge of the game, contrary to it's current design/intent.

The limited options in the Tech Tree (there are some optional city expansions and squad size increases) is a disappointment. Some true either/or choices would be nice, although I'm not sure what such options would be appropriate.