• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

thread for fellowship adventure?

Aritra

I'm posting here instead of Discussion because it's basically a question.
My question is, what thread is supposed to be used for the upcoming FA info?
Unless I'm confusing the circumstance, I thought it typical that someone (mod?) posted a thread once announced, declaring "all discussion here," but I haven't seen that this time.
There is an old (and I mean started a few years ago) thread revived with current info at the end, which I found confusing when it appeared at the top of recents list. The thread title even specifies month, so at first I thought it was a typo because it is clearly not May, but I opened it and started looking it over. Very quickly I saw the info was out of date, and then I noticed the post dates. I had to go to the end to find the right FA info. I don't quite know why it's still being used, why not closed and current FA started. That particular thread feels unofficial, like tagged on to a different event (which it is). Perhaps it is a misperception on my part.
Can someone enlighten me?

And the most immediate question I have about the event is what time it begins. As far as I've found it gives a date and identifies CET, but what does that mean for me (CST)? From what I can tell, midnight CET is 5pm the night before for CST. But it doesn't say midnight (and even if it did...?), just timezone. If anyone knows the answer to this particular question, I'd appreciate it.

Still want thread info so I can post further questions in the appropriate place. I half expect to be told that there is not a "right" place and it is just wherever it is being discussed, but I just got used to the structure, designation, and that created an expectation. I'm hoping this is an oversight and an official thread can be started and current discussions continue there. I like being able to go to one place for the official info, tips, and Q&A, not having to browse several threads on the subject (which is a time-consuming hassle).

Aritra

Thanks

Weird. I used this thread before (last FA) and I have no memory of it confusing me because it was older. I wonder why it bugged me so much this time? (rhetorical question, btw)

(linked thread may not be new but better than the one with specified month in the title, where there is much more obsolete info to wade through to determine if it is applicable or not... IMO)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Thanks

Weird. I used this thread before (last FA) and I have no memory of it confusing me because it was older. I wonder why it bugged me so much this time? (rhetorical question, btw)

(linked thread may not be new but better than the one with specified month in the title, where there is much more obsolete info to wade through to determine if it is applicable or not... IMO)

This one is older, but not as old, and seems to be the one where we all discussed the new badges, so it is the best one to use for the next FA.