• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

threatening other fellowship members

DeletedUser12538

I have a person ( MikeeGar) who threaten a member of my fellowship over a 2 star trade ( but it was a one star trade to him ) and i tried to explain it to him since he is a newbe and now he goes off threaten me. i don't see how he can threat me.

Handgrenade

I have a person ( MikeeGar) who threaten a member of my fellowship over a 2 star trade ( but it was a one star trade to him ) and i tried to explain it to him since he is a newbe and now he goes off threaten me. i don't see how he can threat me.
How did he threaten you? If he is new there is not much he can do. If he is Archmage, mage or whatever he can boot players. However i i think it is best to always use the privat message system to address bad behavior. Doing it publicly is never a good thing. You can also CC the Archmage so that FS leadership knows what is going on and find a solution privately. If you are Archmage give him the boot. If you dont feel like confronting him you can ask another. However 2 star trades are 2 star trades for everyone in the FS. If it is a trader fee 1 star then he is not threatening the player, he is just venting as the player that he has not discovered is not in your Fellowship. I dont see why folks complain about 1 star trades anyways though. Nobody has to take them. Just like a silk trade that is 3 star does not need to be tsken if you dont want silk.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
We do it this way and publish it about once a year so everybody knows.

1) If you have a beef with anybody you DO NOT discuss it in chat or in a fs wide msg. All conflicts are private.
2) First, consider the players point of view and see if you can understand it. Put the best face on you can and assume pure motives...mistakes, yes, malicious behavior, probably not. Some people just aren't good communicators and we need to give them a bit of grace.
3) Contact the person and discuss what you heard or saw they did -- be specific and as fair as you can. Most of the time if you do #1 and #2 above you won't be doing #3 as you will figure out that the actions/words were just a mistake.
4) If a personal note doesn't resolve the issue you can ignore it.....or if it's something really important to you, contact a mage or the AM privately. Forward, whatever correspondence you may have. DO NOT talk to others about it, privately or especially in public.
5) Once you notify the Mage or AM respect their decision and if they don't agree with you drop the matter. Carrying on will only get you booted. The Mage/AM who takes the "case" is in charge.

So far we've never actually had to use this procedure but I figure it's better to have it in place and understood than to have to clean up the mess of a dramatic public debate afterwards.

AJ

DeletedUser20637

DeletedUser20637

The other respondents to your message have very good advice for you. If you are not able to resolve this internally then you may be better served with a new fellowship with active and involved management.