• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Three Glacier Giants feedback

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Here's some tips to help you get ready for the event (and any event in the future)
Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)
With the new scouting system you can see exactly how long your scouts will take, so if you get the quest list from the Beta players you should be able to time this effectively
For mid-chapter players your residences will probably be easiest. They're pretty fast at around 4h, and you should have lots of them. Just like with provinces, unless you need what they give you right now, there's no reason to max out every single one as fast as possible.
For higher chapter players:
Armories. For higher level buildings these are the fastest to level up, staying under 7 hours even at level 20+.
The thing with armories is that they give a huge jump when they change size, and then just a small amount the next few levels, so maxing them right away shouldn't be a priority. For example they go from 80 to 130 at level 20, but after that it's just 10 more per level, and won't have a big impact on your training capacity.
Bonus Tip: you can start an upgrade, and then just before it finishes disconnect the building from the road, and it will "pause" the upgrade. This does tie up a builder though.
This one is lame, and there's really not much you can do that is better than making 4 level 3 marble factories to prep for it.
If you are making extra low level workshops to help with other quests, you can upgrade 4 of those before the event to prepare, but they are bigger, and take longer.
Usually we are only asked for 2 and can prepare them in advance, but there's a trick that lets you prep 3 even with a level 2 MA:
  1. First you start a single PoP spell
  2. Then before it finishes, open the MA interface and watch the last few seconds count down.
  3. The spell will finish, and both slots will be open in the queue for you to add 2 more spells.
  4. Close the window and you will see that there is one ready to be collected, and 2 will be cooking.
You cantry this out with your barracks, the exact same idea works there too.
Bonus Tip: Once all 3 are finished cooking, remove the road from your MA so that you don't accidentally collect those spells before you want to.
With the masquerade PT2 event it seems like the developers have eased up on this, and with a decent culture bonus and some PoP spells you should have no problem completing this with half the number of max factories and some level 1 workshops to fill in the rest.
For example "16 advanced tools + supplies" was easily done with
7 workshops that were 2 levels under max
7 PoP spells
9 level 1 workshops.
150% culture
If your culture is lower than 125% you might need to ask your FS for culture buffs to get you to 125, and use Ensorcelled Endowments on those buildings to push it further. Note that EE spells won't do anything unless you get to 125% first and those buildings are visited.
First off, the spell Inspiring Meditation will extend your KP bar to 20 which should help.
Next, there are 4 ways to buy KP aside from diamonds: Coins, Tier 1,2, and 3. My suggestion is to never normally buy KP with one of your boosted tiers except for events. This way you will always have an easy and cheap way to buy a couple dozen when needed. This can also help if you are short on KP for unlocking the next advanced scouts tech for better rewards.

Hope this helps:)

DeletedUser5800

Since we have an official thread now here is this in case anyone missed it elsewhere. ;)
1. Gain a small amount of Coin
2. Spend 2 Knowledge Points
3. Gain a small amount of Supplies
4. Gain 3 Relics
5. Train 10 Units
6. Produce Beverages 2 times
7. Buy 1 Knowledge Point
8. Gain a small amount of Marble
9. Gain a small amount of Planks
10. Gain a small amount of Steel
11. Gain a small amount of Coins
12. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
13. Gain a decent amount of Supplies
14. Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 1 Building to level 14 or higher
15. Upgrade 3 Buildings to level 4 or higher
16. Produce Advanced Tools 4 times
17. Produce Basket of Groceries 3 times
18. Produce Toolbox 2 times
19. Produce Beverages 50 times
20. Solve 8 Encounters or buy 8 Knowledge Points
21. Gain 20 Relics
22. Produce Simple Tools 25 times
23. Scout 1 Province
24. Produce ALL T1 (3hr) 1 time
25. Produce ALL T1 (9hr) 1 time
26. Spend 7 Knowledge Points
27. Buy 5 Knowledge Points
28. Produce [T1 boost 3 hrs] 5 times
29. Produce [T1 boost 9 hrs] 4 times
30. Produce [T1 boost 1 day] 3 times
31. Produce [T1 boost 2 day] 2 times
32. Produce Bread 5 Times
33. Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 3 or higher
34. Gain a decent amount of Coins
35. Gain 24 Relics
36. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
37. Train 100 Units
38. Gain a small amount of Crystal Gain a small amount of Scrolls Gain a small amount of Silk
39. Research 1 Technology or Upgrade 1 Building to level 20 or higher
40. Produce Bread 5 times
41. Produce Beverages 20 times
42. Solve 10 Encounters OR
Buy 10 Knowledge Points
43. Gain a small amount of Marble
Gain a small amount of Steel
Gain a small amount of Planks
44. Gain 24 Relics
45. Produce Simple Tools 35 times
46. Solve 12 Encounters OR Buy 12 Knowledge Points
47. Spend 10 Knowledge Points
48. Buy 7 Knowledge Points
49. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 7 times
50. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 5 times
51. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 4 times
52. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 3 times
53. Produce Bread 10 times
54. Gain a good amount of Coins
55. ALL T1 (3hr) 3 times
56. ALL T1 (9hr) 3 times
57. Scout 1 Province OR Upgrade 1 Building level 14 or higher
58. Gain a good amount of Supplies
59. Gain 2 Power of Provision Enchantments
60. Upgrade 4 Buildings to level 5 or higher
61. Produce Advanced Tools 8 times
62. Produce Basket of Groceries 6 times
63. Produce Toolbox 4 times
64. Produce Beverages 75 times
65. Solve 12 Encounters OR Buy 12 Knowledge Points
66. Gain a good amount of Coins
67. Recruit 300 Units
68. Gain a good amount of Supplies
69. Gain 3 Enchantments of your choice
70. Upgrade 5 Buildings to level 6 or higher
71. Produce Advanced Tools 12 times
72. Produce Basket of Groceries 10 times
73. Produce Toolbox 8 times
74. Produce Beverages 100 times
75. Solve 16 Encounters OR Buy 16 Knowledge Points
76. Gain 32 Relics
77. Produce Simple Tools 50 times
78. Research 1 Technology OR Upgrade 1 Building to Level 20 or higher
79. ALL T1 (3hr) 5 times
80. ALL T1 (9hr) 5 times
81. Spend 15 Knowledge Points
82. Buy 12 Knowledge Points
83. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 10 times
84. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 8 times
85. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 6 times
86. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 5 times
87. Produce Bread 20 times
88. Upgrade 10 Buildings to level 4 or higher
89. Gain a good amount of Coins
90. Gain 40 Relics
91. Gain 3 Power of Provision Enchantments
92. Train 300 Units
93. Gain a good amount of Crystal
Gain a good amount of Scrolls
Gain a good amount of Silk
94. Scout 1 Province
95. Produce Bread 20 times
96. Produce Beverages 80 times
97. Solve 25 Encounters OR Buy 25 Knowledge Points
98. Gain a good amount of Marble
Gain a good amount of Steel
Gain a good amount of Planks
99. Gain 50 Relics
100. Produce Simple Tools 60 times
101. Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 5 or higher
102. Spend 20 Knowledge Points
103. Buy 15 Knowledge Points
104. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 3h] 12 times
105. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 9h] 10 times
106. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 1d] 8 times
107. Produce [Boost Tier 1: 2d] 6 times
108. Produce Bread 40 times
Source: https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/winter-event-quests

First Double Crown Day on Day 8.
Second Double Crown Day on Day 15

Last edited by a moderator:

Risen Malchiah

My main concern is we NEED to let new and solo players know that to complete this event, they must join or start a fellowship. 193 relics is effortless with the tournament but kind of impossible without them.

At the very least, when the event starts the announcement needs to include a reminder that joining a fellowship will make events easier. This thread has more info on why this is important.

As for the event itself, I'm looking forward to it. I started Elvenar just before the previous Winter event so this is an anniversary for me. (Kind of like a big celebration for getting to S&D in under a year.) :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser13291

Dear Humans and Elves,

We would love to hear your feedback regarding our Three Glacier Giants winter event as you progress through the questline!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
I found your tips in the December video very helpful (and funny) for planning my strategy with this adventure. Til tomorrow! Builder Tara
p.s. The snow gradually covering the landscape is lovely! How about some coats for the pedestrians? (Or are the streets heated?)

Deleted User - 1221058

In one of my FS we were laughing about the snowman over on the ridge trail with the yellow path leading to him.

Now that's funny... I never even noticed the snowman over there... I see now he's running away from town leaving a yellow trail behind. Hm...

Now, I know the trail is always yellow, however I see the humor with the snow apparently attaching to the snowman as he leaves town.

DeletedUser14185

I am new to the game. I'm looking through the quest list for the three glacial giants and see that you need to be able to produce different types of goods, (marble, planks and steel) and (scrolls, crystal and elixir). How is this accomplished if you only produce the items that you are boosted in?

Crystal01

I am new to the game. I'm looking through the quest list for the three glacial giants and see that you need to be able to produce different types of goods, (marble, planks and steel) and (scrolls, crystal and elixir). How is this accomplished if you only produce the items that you are boosted in?

They had this last time, YOU NEED make acouple other ones, even starters level 1 works

Deleted User - 1221058

Note when it says, "produce" and when it mentions "gain," as they are different. Gain means you can trade for it, you just have to get it added to your inventory, through any means. Produce on the other hand, means you must produce it yourself and that means you must have the building to produce whatever it states. Sometimes that means you can use one of the Traveler Buildings that can be earned in events, they have Traveler I, II, and III, for each of the tiers and they produce those goods you do not have boosted.