• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tier One Tournaments starts on Tuesday

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
0811.jpg

The next 3 Tournaments will be Marble, Steel and Planks, starting on Tuesday 14th June.
Tier One Goods are ALWAYS in short supply in most fellowships.
Here is your chance to fix that FOREVER!
If you have the time, play the Tournament as deep as you can comfortably manage, when it is the turn of your Boosted T1 material.
I am adding some ideas to Tip 74 "Tournaments" - tweaks for 'advanced' Tournament play to maximise gains for minimum expenditure.
If anyone has other suggestions - please send to me?

Thanks,
J
:)

Tips for better Tournament performance:
(A work in progress - please add your ideas!)

1. Get your Fellowship and World Map visits timed so they are finished before 8 p m on Tuesday so you can work full out on the Tournament as soon as is starts!
If necessary, skip a day to get your timing right,

2. Leave your 'normal' World Map Provinces alone and start saving soldiers in the barracks, for at least four days before the Tournament starts. Start savings Goods too!

2. Autofight will win most fights for you, particularly if you have Sorceress III - but it can be very expensive. It tends to knock off the enemy one at a time - leaving lethal enemies untouched for several rounds.
Remember that Sorceresses have a curse that neutralises enemies - which AutoFight does not use. It just picks one enemy and hits it over and over - while its buddies are ripping you to shreds.
It is better, if you are pressed for time, to use what I call "Semi-AutoFight": Open a fight and quickly knock off dangerous enemies like priests and Necros (which AutoFight leaves till last and they do heaps of damage in the meantime).
You do not have to kill them entirely - just blunt their teeth and put the Broken Valor Curse on them all.
Also, deliberately move your Sorceresses ot the best positions to use terrain to your advantage - which AutoFight often does not do. (For example, if you have a Paladin coming down behind a hedge on the right of the board, move all your Sorceresses to the left side of the board, a long way away from it.)
Once you have trimmed the enemy's teeth, hit Finish Battle Automatically.
This method is slower than AutoFight, but faster than Manual Fight.
You will save stacks of soldiers this way!
3. Even high-level players will not be strong enough to fight more than 10 provinces right up to level 5. I'd suggest that strong players should fight 8 - 10 provinces; low-level players should probably only play 1 or 2.

4. AutoFight is VERY expensive when you are up against a Blessed Paladin.
It's probably best to Cater the fights that feature one - particularly at the higher levels.

1. Get your Fellowship and World Map visits timed so they are finished before 8 p m on Tuesday so you can work full out on the Tournament as soon as is starts!

2. Leave your 'normal' World Map Provinces alone and start saving soldiers in the barracks, for at least four days before the Tournament starts. Start savings Goods too!

2. Autofight will win most fights for you, particularly if you have Sorceress III - but it can be very expensive. It tends to knock off the enemy one at a time - leaving lethal enemies untouched for several rounds.
Remember that Sorceresses have a curse that neutralises enemies - which AutoFight does not use. It just picks one enemy and hits it over and over - while its buddies are ripping you to shreds.
It is better, if you are pressed for time, to use what I call "Semi-AutopFight": Open a fight and quickly knock off dangerous enemies like priests and Necros (which AutoFight leaves till last and they do heaps of damage in the meantime).
You do not have to kill them entirely - just blunt their teeth and put the Broken Valor Curse on them all.
Also, deliberately move your Sorceresses ot the best positions to use terrain to your advantage - which AutoFight often does not do. (For example, if you have a Paladin coming down behind a hedge on the right of the board, move all your Sorceresses to the left side of the board, a long way away from it.)
3. Even high-level players will not be strong enough to fight more than 10 provinces right up to level 5. I'd suggest that strong players should fight 8 - 10 provinces; low-level players should probably only play 3 or 4.

It's probably best to Cater the fights that feature one - particularly at the higher levels.

5. The higher levels give much bigger prizes - so it is best not to waste men and materials on level 1.
Try to fight one or two level 6 provinces! This will require you to play two tournament rounds on the same day. Not impossible, if you play a few early one morning, and again late at night (16 hours in between).
It is worth the effort to organise your life so as to get in some level 6 fights, for bigger prizes...

6. Even if you do not fight, a beginner can Cater province # 1 all the way up to level 6 for lots of XP, relics and Runes! (Thanks to Paul Holtmann for pointing this out)

7. Make sure you spend all knowledge points before starting each round..
Unlike KP from 'normal' fights, you lose these if you have 10 already!

(This is tip # 74 from the public Facebook group called Elvenar Platinum Leaf)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1016

This particular tip is very true - I ranked second in this last tournament and found the Blessed Paladins to be killers!!! I play as an elf and only encounter these "tanks" in tournaments. I usually autofight all my encounters in tournaments [never in normal play acquiring provinces] except for catering the "cheap" ones [as Jacklyut mentioned above] and when fighting these Paladins! I've followed almost all of your ideas, Jackluyt, and have done okay.

I've played four [4] of the six [6] tournaments [ranked 10th, 7th, 1st, 2nd - not bragging...lol] and I have witnessed some changes, I think, somewhat of an evolution of the tournaments with the prizes, especially with the runes? I'd only get 3 to 5 in the first tournaments that I played, but I didn't get to level 6. Most recently I've achieved getting to the 6th level from a suggestion I "first" saw on FaceBook, now here by Jackluyt. If you play twice in one day, meaning early morning then late night [16hrs apart], you can make it to the 6th level playing the other four times once a day. I know, seems simple, but it eluded me...lol.

So, I think now instead of rune shards being randomly awarded, the developers have decided to award runes instead of KP or relics? While playing I've seen them specifically listed in the award list of each province. I got 3 runes at level 4 [I think the first three provinces that I opened] and I got one [1] rune for every 6th level that I opened.

This tournament, I opened only 16 provinces [normally I'd open as many as possible to see if my neighbors were playing, not anymore], which is 2 pages, and it felt the most profitable, because more provinces after that, just the first level eats a lot of troops [squads] if you loose. I took the first 11 provinces to level 6, and the last 5 just to level 4. My thought was to open the first ten [10] or so to specifically get the runes, then the last 4 or 5 to get the extra KP and relics. This resulted in getting me 13 runes, of course lots of KP and brought my marble boost from 440% [plus/minus] to 671%.

Again, thanks for a really good post Jackluyt...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser627

I manual fight Paladins with Golem IIIs. We can run faster! And when I can't run away, a hit only loses 1-2 Golems. Only, ugh!

Last week I fought lots with 5 Sorcs...because they can outrun the Paladins, too. But if they get hit accidentally, the loss is 4-7.

For upper level fights this week, I experimented with selecting: A Golem for dog, archer, golem, paladin, barbarian...A Sorc III for priest, sorc, mage, cannoneer. I think I had fewest losses so far, but had to pay close attention to movement. Opening moves I often didn't move at all.

This is probably advice only for an average fighter.

DeletedUser1016

For upper level fights this week, I experimented with selecting: A Golem for dog, archer, golem, paladin, barbarian...A Sorc III for priest, sorc, mage, cannoneer. I think I had fewest losses so far, but had to pay close attention to movement. Opening moves I often didn't move at all.

Ditto - I think really good advice - that's how I played this last marble tournament...but the only thing I did different was use Sorc III with archers as well, not with Golem. I found that if I encountered these enemies group as such, that I could autofight with all Golems or all Sorc III and my loses were relatively small. If there was a mix, then best to manually fight or cater.

dikke ikke

As a human I don't have sorc nor golems, I don't use auto fight. I am already happy to get bonus points by being in the top 30 every tournament, not that easy for a player that just entered the top 1000 of players in his world, top 100 players have the troops and resources to fight more provinces

DeletedUser2447

View attachment 886

The next 3 Tournaments will be Marble, Steel and Planks, starting on Tuesday 14th June.
Tier One Goods are ALWAYS in short supply in most fellowships.
Here is your chance to fix that FOREVER!
If you have the time, play the Tournament as deep as you can comfortably manage, when it is the turn of your Boosted T1 material.
I am adding some ideas to Tip 74 "Tournaments" - tweaks for 'advanced' Tournament play to maximise gains for minimum expenditure.
If anyone has other suggestions - please send to me?

Thanks,
J
:)

Tips for better Tournament performance:

It is better, if you are pressed for time, to use what I call "Semi-AutoFight": Open a fight and quickly knock off dangerous enemies like priests and Necros (which AutoFight leaves till last and they do heaps of damage in the meantime).
3. Even high-level players will not be strong enough to fight more than 10 provinces right up to level 5. I'd suggest that strong players should fight 8 - 10 provinces; low-level players should probably only play 3 or 4.

It is better, if you are pressed for time, to use what I call "Semi-AutopFight": Open a fight and quickly knock off dangerous enemies like priests and Necros (which AutoFight leaves till last and they do heaps of damage in the meantime).

5. The higher levels give much bigger prizes - so it is best not to waste men and materials on level 1.
Try to fight one or two level 6 provinces! This will require you to play two tournament rounds on the same day. Not impossible, if you play a few early one morning, and again late at night (16 hours in between).
It is worth the effort to organise your life so as to get in some level 6 fights, for bigger prizes...

6. Even if you do not fight, a beginner can Cater province # 1 all the way up to level 6 for lots of XP, relics and Runes! (Thanks to Paul Holtmann for pointing this out)

(This is tip # 74 from the public Facebook group called Elvenar Platinum Leaf)
Thanks very much for the info. Any idea what resources we need to stock up on for the steel tournament?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

at this point in the game I've not made it past a lvl 2 chest, and have no idea what's past that.

I just finished the Tournament at various levels - and believe me you will not get near level 5 in provinces 3,4 , 5 etc unless you have high-level troops (Sorceress III/ Blessed Paladin III)
So I changed this to low-level players should probably only play 3 or 4.

I just posted another thread with the relative value of the different Tournament levels.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
I just added this one:

7. Make sure you spend all knowledge points before starting each round..
Unlike KP from 'normal' fights, you lose these if you have 10 already!