• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time Between Events

BrinDarby

Less than a week, really ??? between FA and next Event ...

Other than the mini popup events, we should Always have 2 weeks Minimum ,
between events !!!!! There's never any downtime unless you just skip a whole event/FA.
This has totally put me off to the game, and its totally burned me out. Not to mention
the fact that now elvenar seems like a damn J.O.B. that has eliminated any chance of
having a real life...

I can't place a Genie or Trading Station cause in < thier usable time,
another FA will start and I must have that room for the FA... How the frack
am I supposed to recoup all the coin rains I used in events/FAs ???? I can't.

Stop It !!!!! .... Inno, just stop it.... this rapid fire BS, no downtime must end.
Is 2 weeks between events too much to freak'n ask ???? Seriously ????

Brin Darby

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@InnoGames
Please reduce the downtime to 3 days or less between events.
Giving the players more interesting things to optionally participate in more often is excellent.
Since you have dumbed down the events it already feels like they complete themselves after a few days, and completing green in all 3 stages of the FA requires very little effort at all in any half-decent FS.

Any player who wants a 2-week break from events can quite simply ignore the event. Players who want to actively play though need something to do.

Just because a tiny fraction of people don't like chocolate or need to diet doesn't mean you should take it off the menu for everyone.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@InnoGames
Please reduce the downtime to 3 days or less between events.
Giving the players more interesting things to optionally participate in more often is excellent.

Any player who wants a 2-week break from events can quite simply ignore the event. Players who want to actively play though need something to do.

Just because a tiny fraction of people don't like chocolate or need to diet doesn't mean you should take it off the menu for everyone.

I agree to a point. The problem with events is that they actually give you better buildings than you can get from the buildings tab. Thus, it may be they save you time in the long run. I certainly love my 4 Venor Rocks III because when I need population they are there for me. Nothing else provides 680 pop per square but I had to do the event to get them.

In the end then, the "optional" thing is questionable. If you don't do the events you gain the time but at the expense of not capturing the buildings -- set and/or evolving -- that speed up the game and increase your usable space.

From this then, we can see that the easier the the event, the more, I believe, you will gain in time and space. And the faster you finish the event the less time you spend on it and the more you gain in the long run.

As for the ease of the FA...yeah, not much to say there. I think a well organized and prepared fellowship can finish it in about .... 4.5 seconds?! LOL. At most a day, probably less. It would be nice if they figured out how to make it slow down or adjusted it to your fellowships size. But that's another thread.

AJ

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Or slow down to work out the kinks to make the darn game a less buggy experience overall. :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Or slow down to work out the kinks to make the darn game a less buggy experience overall. :rolleyes:
I don't really see a relation between the 2.
FAs and events are 99% the same as last time every month so it's not like developer time is being spent on them other than some artwork, and I'm assuming that the graphic designers aren't the programmers.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I choose to finish the sequential quest line within 1-2 days of the my start (usually I stagger when I start the event in my 2 cities) of the questline events. That gives me at least a couple weeks of just one quest/day plus whatever time we have until the next activity launched for my 'break'. I only use the event currency on specific days for whatever dailies I've decided I want and wait until the last day to use any gained after I've done the last daily prize I want. It does require I look at quest lists/prizes and make my plan, but that reduces any event stress and for me, that's a good trade-off. Plus it means more time spent on planning/strategy, two of the things I enjoy most in this game. It also means if there's an especially good daily bldg (like Goblin Gift Shops or Venar's III) I get multiple copies, so win-win: less time stressing events and more of the stronger bldgs.

onebigscot

@InnoGames

From what I gather...doesn't that depend upon your FS? Now my FS...(the Moon Spinners...check us out on Elcy...we're saving a spot for you) is pretty chill so that would be okay. But aren't there FS's that will bounce people for not participating?

iamthouth

Tetris Master
I have no issue with the FA and next event, but I would like the spire to appear the moment the tournament finishes, with perhaps less overlap later in the week.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
From what I gather...doesn't that depend upon your FS? Now my FS...(the Moon Spinners...check us out on Elcy...we're saving a spot for you) is pretty chill so that would be okay. But aren't there FS's that will bounce people for not participating?

Not for the events, but yeah, if you are in a fellowship that is big on the tournament and/or the Spire and/or the FA, and you slack in that area, then being kicked out would be expected.

Gladiola

So far the timing of events has been pretty convenient for me. Since chapter 3, I have been able to progress into the next chapter with each event. (Ashen Phoenix, chapter 3, Queen Fairy's Retreat, chapter 4, Pilgrim's Manor, chapter 5). I'm hoping I'll be able to hit Dwarves sometime in this event, although it might be a little close.

This means that I'm always able to get at least some culture buildings in my current chapter and can save my RRs for upgrading the really good buildings that I will keep for a while.

I have discovered that I can only play one city, due to a time-intensive playstyle, so that may affect my perspective on events.

ajqtrz

I choose to finish the sequential quest line within 1-2 days of the my start (usually I stagger when I start the event in my 2 cities) of the questline events. That gives me at least a couple weeks of just one quest/day plus whatever time we have until the next activity launched for my 'break'. I only use the event currency on specific days for whatever dailies I've decided I want and wait until the last day to use any gained after I've done the last daily prize I want. It does require I look at quest lists/prizes and make my plan, but that reduces any event stress and for me, that's a good trade-off. Plus it means more time spent on planning/strategy, two of the things I enjoy most in this game. It also means if there's an especially good daily bldg (like Goblin Gift Shops or Venar's III) I get multiple copies, so win-win: less time stressing events and more of the stronger bldgs.

The cost of finishing the sequential events in 1-2 days must be considered. You will probably need a lot of time instants and other things to do so. On the other hand, if you do finish them that quickly, do you then have more overall number of quests you can do? A 30 day event in which you do the sequential quests in the first 2 days leaves 28 daily quests you will be given. If the sequential events are 75 then you get 103 total quests. On the other hand, if you take a week to do the sequential events you get the 75 + 23, 98 quests. That's about 200-225 less points you can spend on what you need. So finishing early might be worth the effort and cost.

And to finish that fast? You definitely have to plan and execute. Thank heaven for Elven Gems of Knowledge and those who report to EGems from beta.

In spending only on what you want, that just makes sense. But it also adds to the idea of doing it early because that maximizes the amount you have to spend when you get to the thing(s) you want.

AJ

Iyapo1

A 30 day event in which you do the sequential quests in the first 2 days leaves 28 daily quests you will be given. If the sequential events are 75 then you get 103 total quests. On the other hand, if you take a week to do the sequential events you get the 75 + 23, 98 quests. That's about 200-225 less points you can spend on what you need.
If there are 75 sequential quests + 30 daily quests there are a total of 105 quests. That number is not flexible. The dailies unlock every day. Once you are done with all sequential quests you then gain access to any already unlocked dailies. The total number of quests does not change. The dailies dont unlock and vanish.

ajqtrz

If there are 75 sequential quests + 30 daily quests there are a total of 105 quests. That number is not flexible. The dailies unlock every day. Once you are done with all sequential quests you then gain access to any already unlocked dailies. The total number of quests does not change. The dailies dont unlock and vanish.

There may be 105 quests, but if you take 10 days to do the 75 sequential that leaves only 20 days left and at 1 a day the most you can do is 20. 20+75=95 total. So while the number of quests may not change, the number you can do will never be all of them. Even if you take 1 day for the sequential you will only get to 104 of the total 105.

AJ

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
If there are 75 sequential quests + 30 daily quests there are a total of 105 quests. That number is not flexible.
Since you said 'if', this is absolutely correct. To be more precise:
In the ElvarianGames event there are 53 sequential quests and 22 daily (locked) quests for a total of 75 quests. You could wait until the last week of the event and still finish all available quests. If you finish quest #53 on the 20th day of the event, the daily quests will continue to appear as if they were sequential quests until you complete quest #73. Quest #74 will unlock at the start of day 21 and quest#75 will unlock at the start of day 22. Everyone gets the exact same total of quests: 75. You can see this by hovering over the prizes at the bottom of the quest giver where it will show X/75 needed to reach the final prize for doing all the available quests. Once all 75 quests complete, the quest giver will say you have won the final prize for completing all quests in the event.
Last event the numbers were the same. In one city I completed the 53 sequential quests before the first daily quest unlocked (?8hrs? from when I started). That's the fastest I've ever done the sequentials and was my goal as a little mini-game for myself. In the other city, I started the event quest a couple days later and took a bit longer (?2days?). I still got a total of 75 quests in both cities. It is necessary to use time boosters to finish all the sequential quests quickly, but I have plenty of time boosters. These are from one city; I didn't bother with the 3min boosters on the next page; there are 22 of those:
TimeBoosters1.png
TimeBoosters2.png

Iyapo1

There may be 105 quests, but if you take 10 days to do the 75 sequential that leaves only 20 days left and at 1 a day the most you can do is 20. 20+75=95 total. So while the number of quests may not change, the number you can do will never be all of them. Even if you take 1 day for the sequential you will only get to 104 of the total 105.

AJ
This is not how the dailies work. 1 daily quest unlocks every 24 hours whether your sitting at the lock or not. They dont vanish after they unlock they just sit there until you reach them.

ajqtrz

This is not how the dailies work. 1 daily quest unlocks every 24 hours whether your sitting at the lock or not. They dont vanish after they unlock they just sit there until you reach them.

I've never noticed that. So you do the sequential, which are usually 75, right? These are unlocked from the beginning (or as fast as you can do them). In addition, another unlocks each of the days of the event, regardless if you have finished the sequential or not. So, technically, you could wait 10 days to start and rush through them then and, at that point, have 85 lined up. It think that would mean you could take a week or so just to take a break, before starting and probably not hurt yourself at all. Maybe that's the solution to feeling like "too many events too close together." Start the event late.

Thanks for the correction.

AJ

Silver Lady

There are 53 storyline quests you can do as fast as you can and 22 dailies for a total of 75 quests. And yes if you finish the storyline in say 5 days then you’ll have 5 dailies all available to do sequentially on same day and when those are done 1 will unlock every 24 hours.

Guurt The Destroyer

Yeah, there really is no reason to rush the event. There is a little bit of efficiency of doing some quests at specific times, but for the most part the outcome is the same if you go fast or slow. The thing to do is to check the daily prizes and see if there is anything you care about. Plan for that. And the rest of time just do the event as it best fits your schedule. There is literally no reason to rush.

There is, however, one reason to log in every six hours if you can during the event and that is to pick up the free event currency laying on the ground. You can offset that by spending some diamonds.

I think picking up as much of the free event currency off the ground as you possibly can is the only real strategy to doing well in the event. Everything else is luck, but missing the free event currency on the ground does in fact add up.