• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time Between Events

The Unbeliever

The problem with quests seems to be the players. Too many vocal players complain about any quest that is even remotely challenging or disruptive of other gameplay which leaves the developers nothing to work with.
Try it, open a thread suggesting a new type of quest that should be added to events and I guarantee there will be complaints.
I'd rather sit back and do 120 Beverages again than go through the clusterfeth of 'gain relics' -> 'do 6 spire encounters' -> 'do 6 tournament encounters' -> 'collect yet more relics' -> 'do 10 spire encounters' -> 'do another 10 spire encounters'... where the only alternative to all those encounters is to Scout, Scout, Scout some more, and maybe the occasional 'gain 20 VV's'! (...which of course then results in an entire day of nothing but worthless 1-3VV recipes appearing!)

It's even more "engaging" when those stupid tournament + spire rotations show up literally minutes after those events have ended for the week...

So yes, while 120 beverage may be dull work, at least I'm still doing something instead of just sitting around achieving exactly nothing at all!!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So yes, while 120 beverage may be dull work, at least I'm still doing something instead of just sitting around achieving exactly nothing at all!!
There's a poll floating around somewhere that I made asking if players would be interested in "disruptive" quests that give better rewards and it did not get a lot of positive results.
Players (at least forums users) seem to prefer zombie quests with crappy rewards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Iyapo1

I'm just wondering how many beers would we need to make to be the equivalent in time and coins to one scout? That might be a challenge indeed.
Oh, dear god no! The horror! My scout times are a bit over 24 hours....so 288 beverages.

Alram

Flippers just flip
This seems to be what the most vocal complainers contributors in the forum would like to see happen. I dont even want to how many beverages the people with 4 day plus scout times would have to make. :oops:

Gladiola

I would not mind make beverages quests. I do a lot of micromanagement anyway, including making beverages in order to get the most supplies from my limited number of workshops.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol you guys ;)
What's wrong with making 85 simple tools, or 96 beer? These were common quest items in 2016 until players complained about them. Also the 4 to 8 48hr productions, the 2 runs of 24hr productions, the toolbox quests..
Yeah, visits from far distant neighbors , and trades!! real trades not this 'Wholesaler' crap that drains down coins and supplies.

Gladiola

@Alram I think different quests are probably harder or more annoying for different people. I do think that events are a lot easier to complete than when I played a couple years ago. The prizes are not as good. I'd rather have events that are harder to complete with better prizes (2019 was a very good year).

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I'm trying to follow your logic, do you like shanty towns?
Sure. I like anything challenging, and having to re-arrange my city to fit as many turd buildings as possible qualifies as more challenging than the current questload of
"Complete a locked quest every day by accident just by logging in." :rolleyes:

IMO they have the quests and rewards for events and the FA mixed up:
  • An Evo building for completing all 3 paths on all 3 stages of the FA is close to a decent effort:reward ratio.
  • ~20 daily prizes, dozens of small consolation prizes, AND the Evo + artifacts for normal play? Doesn't add up in my books.

BrinDarby

real trades not this 'Wholesaler' crap that drains down coins and supplies.
I've seen "place 5 trades" and "accept 5 trades from wholesaler"... both are
accomplished in 30 seconds.... why not "have 5 trades accepted" ???
@least then you might have to wait for a FS member to log, or for someone
to sweep the trader.... and yes they would be "acceptable" offers , hahahahahaha

Guurt The Destroyer

Personally, I much prefer making beverages over anything that takes more than 3 hours.

In the last FA I was capable of making a lot of beverages with a limited amount of space as I have a lot of time when the game is running and I am doing other tasks.

What I don't have is space to do tasks that take 9 hours, 1 day or 2 days.

I only have 1 city, which makes it way easier to focus on short term tasks as I don't have to flip back and forth from city to city all day long.

I like to be active. Unless forced by a quest I never, and I do mean never, do any production that takes longer than 3 hours. Obviously scouting and updating buildings takes longer than 3 hours... and that is some boring passive activities.