• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time Between Events

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yeah, there really is no reason to rush the event.

If one of the best daily prizes is in the first couple of days, then yes, there is a reason to rush. That is, if you want more than one or two of the building. Luckily with the event starting tomorrow, the very good mana building on day 2 is repeated on day 21. And the very good pop/culture building on day 4 is repeated on day 9. But a repeat is not always guaranteed because sometimes Inno will change things from Beta to Live and that repeat may turn into something else. So if they were not repeated, you would want to complete as many quests as possible, so you would have as many chances at both buildings showing up so early in an event.

BrinDarby

Most competative FSs ( ya know the ones worth being in ) require FA participation.
Usually for those FSs everyone deticates some space to FA only stuff. When Events are
many times 22 days, and FAs are 6 days.... when you have 5-6 days between each, then
that xtra space is need'd every 32-35 days .... a Genie or Trading station is either 50 or 100
days.... no chance for either to be used between FAs...

Many ppl also use xtra space for a few slum workshops or T1, to easier complete the
regular events. So some of that space is need'd there ..... Even if we set aside those 2
bldgs, then you only get those 5-6 days, to redesign and redeploy your whole city
after replacing "better" bldgs you just got from an Event..... both GP & Dailies.....

Look, I understand part of the algorythm wants to drain players of Tboosters,
enchantments, coin/tool rains, ect ect , during Events/FAs ... but that means players
need some time between said Events/FAs to recoup some of what gets drained off.

( in my main city )
For FAs, I have 21 T1 / 5 Workshops , and 2/3rds the way thru I switch to all Works.
For Events I have 6 workshops and 2 t1 ( for building higher than lvl 5 ) bldgs, I try
and reserve space for... ( since my city works fine normally with just 2 workshops )

Just about when 1 Event/FA ends, I'm already gearing up for the next 1, and that
doesn't leave me any space to use Genie/Trading station between them, nor does
it allow me the time to plan/decide how to use all the stuff I just earned, before I
get into another one, where I won't chg anything till I know what I earned this time.

It sure seems alot of ppl use the space from torn down guest race chapters to use
for the FAs... if thats so, Inno expects players to finish chapters in 32-35 days ?????
so they have room for thier slums, or do they skip Every other FA because they are
taking 60 days or so to do each chapter ?

Yet again this will go back to Land Placed , being counted against a player, therefore
they can't just keep 2-3 expansions clear, for both FAs & Events..... That way, the rest of
a player's city could progress , without worry'n about where in the CH they are, and do
they have that xtra space open. What land they use would be used and thus they could
add and redesign all the new bldgs(stuff) they got @least within what other space
they have. So if they need more space for that kewl new bldg, they just might buy a
expansion, or finsh provinces to open another 1 up.

CanDaMan

Yeah, it's getting a bit much. Lately I am considering leaving the game, because of it! My comments in game, such as: 'another . . . ?' Can be telling.

DeletedUser27062

Yeah there is. Typically the best buildings (as in most highly prized by most players) are offered early, like day 1 or 2, so having a healthy stash of EC early on opens up more opportunities to get them.
Also, powering through the quests is far less annoying and time consuming than having to slot in quests in between regular city stuff.

Vigali

You can get those items without rushing the event.

Sometimes you can -- sometimes you can't. The Lava Egg in the last Phoenix event is a pretty good example of this; it showed up early in the event, and didn't show up again. It was likely the best building in the event, and if you didn't push hard early, you either didn't get any or didn't get as many as you wanted. I got zero :(

For this event, the best pop/culture building is Crab Deluxe Hotel, and it appears to be available on Day 3 and Day 7. If that's something you really want, you'll pretty much have to make a push to get a decent number of them.

Iyapo1

It sure seems alot of ppl use the space from torn down guest race chapters to use
for the FAs... if thats so, Inno expects players to finish chapters in 32-35 days ?????
so they have room for thier slums, or do they skip Every other FA because they are
taking 60 days or so to do each chapter ?
3 cities, 3 FS. I do not care for the FAs so none of my FS are hankering for first place. 2 of them aim for top 15(black lotus or top 10 is an actual topic every FA). The third, gold spire 14+ chests, bases FA goals on how many players are between chapters and want to throw down.

In all three FSs players in chapter just toss up normal play badges.

I think this is a team event, and your resentment makes it sound like you carry people every FA or you are in a top FA contender? Unless you love it that would be exhausting.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog

Actually, there might be. If you think about it, if you do the event quickly to the point where you are down to one daily quest, you will have a lot more time to do other things and that might be more relaxing than doing 3-4 quests per day. For those who complain the pace too fast, this might be a nice slow down and thus make things less stressful for them.

AJ

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Most competative FSs ( ya know the ones worth being in ) require FA participation.
Wait... what do you mean "competitive?" There are only 3 FS rankings that I'm aware of:
  1. Score
  2. FA
  3. Spire
Watch the Spire rankings and the FA rankings, you'll find they don't line up. Even the few Gold FS who do rank highly in the FA don't require FA participation.
There are maybe one or 2 FS per server that are Gold + FA hardcore..

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
There are maybe one or 2 FS per server that are Gold + FA hardcore..
FA's also don't seem to appeal to high score ranking FS's either. On Elcy, the top 20 FA spots only have 3 FSs with a score ranking in the top 10; the top 5 FA spots are all taken by FSs that have score rankings of 22+.

Guurt The Destroyer

I am not going to rush the event. I did that last time and it was pointless.

I am just going to play normally, and do the quests without wasting resources to make it go faster. I am pretty sure I will have no problems getting the buildings I want doing it this way.

Also, I am only in chapter 5 so getting tons of buildings now isn't going to really help me as I won't be able to upgrade them all. I already have more event buildings than I can possibly upgrade.

Vigali

Also, I am only in chapter 5 so getting tons of buildings now isn't going to really help me as I won't be able to upgrade them all. I already have more event buildings than I can possibly upgrade.

Excellent point, and one of the things that makes all of these conversations so difficult -- how different the game is based on chapter! If you're in a very early chapter (and especially if you're not a spender, and not in a top FS getting Spire Gold/10+ chests), then it's very likely you'll replace whatever buildings you get in the very next event after this. If that's the case, then yeah, the value in pushing early for a specific building is quite a bit lower.

The Unbeliever

For the past 2+ years now, INNO has been nerfing the living hell outa the events in general... we're honestly lucky to get 2 really stand-out events per year now, so if anyone is truly feeling the 'event burn out', then just skip a couple of the absolutely crappy events!

This year so far, we've had:
1. Carnival - garbage all 'round.
2. Phoenix - 'meh' overall, especially the way the devs screwed over Live servers by putting the only really good DS as the day 1 prize w/no repeat!
3. Fairy Queen's Garden - more garbage
4. Sorcerer's Homecoming - excellent to solidly worthwhile set, plus a couple decent dailies as well
5. Elvarian Games - Sunken Palace thingy is okay, but not great. Again, a couple decent dailies, but the artwork is highly subjective. (ie: personally I think they all look like absolute gak, but that's just me. :p)

So really, we've had only 1 really "good" event thus far, the current Games + Phoenix which are middling, and 2 entirely missable events...
It will be interesting to see how the final 3 of the year, Fall Bears + Halloween + Winter stack up, but odds are that at least 1 of those will be a complete dud if previous history is anything to go by.

For myself, I skipped out the entirety of the Carnival event - doing ONLY the initial 5 quests to unlock the main building and then forgetting it existed... plus I also only half heartedly paid attention during the Fairy Queen, and despite not even finishing the full quest line, I still made the full building AND bagged a 2nd copy of the Lv1 base building to boot!

The large number of seasonal events is only as much of a fiasco/headache/lifetime job as YOU decide to make them into!
I simply keep an eye on the Beta forums every time the events release there first, and its pretty easy to see within the initial 2-3 pages of feedback if a specific event will be worth my time & effort to play it through.

Veesviewpoint

Excellent point, and one of the things that makes all of these conversations so difficult -- how different the game is based on chapter! If you're in a very early chapter (and especially if you're not a spender, and not in a top FS getting Spire Gold/10+ chests), then it's very likely you'll replace whatever buildings you get in the very next event after this. If that's the case, then yeah, the value in pushing early for a specific building is quite a bit lower.
We tend to forget what it was like....way back then....starting out...for those who are settleded in and have the "dyanamo" fellowship established...many do not...and that can be ok. (Some come for an escape from the work-a-day-school day, etc.) Just starting out (and often since then)..it has taken me alot of time and many trips to the Forum (Yippee) to get a grasp of what the begin, middle, and end game....and end, end, end game is like and how to prepare... ;) I thank you all!

Suppose my 2 cents is this...try not to be soo agressive/hard/tart/etc. etc. to folks (teams and/or Fellowships) who are not yet on those levels and with the experience many have at this point in the venture. Most, come here to learn...and to those...it would help to not come here/across agressive, etc. either.
And, of course, others more experienced...try to remember and understand.... We (all) are looking for information, help, guidance and expertise. The time folks have to commit to these "games" is limited on sooo many levels, and time zones too. But the goal is: Have Fun!

Just ask for the assistance you desire, be respectful...and those who reply, be kind and understanding. Truthfully, it is still Very Intimidating for me to "reply"...but my nature is to learn and teach...rinse and repeat...so the game stays fresh and fun...while meeting many awesome folks along the way.
(Note: I have sent many folks to Forum...just saying...so let's be as respectful as possible...and uhm...errr..on the other hand..when they don't play nice...give 'em some of the business!!! chuckles) Vees :cool:

DeletedUser27062

Sometimes you can -- sometimes you can't. The Lava Egg in the last Phoenix event is a pretty good example of this; it showed up early in the event, and didn't show up again. It was likely the best building in the event, and if you didn't push hard early, you either didn't get any or didn't get as many as you wanted. I got zero :(

For this event, the best pop/culture building is Crab Deluxe Hotel, and it appears to be available on Day 3 and Day 7. If that's something you really want, you'll pretty much have to make a push to get a decent number of them.
Yep. I wanted the manta ray for my cities requiring mana and the crab hotel so I can finally nerf the phoenix & fairy queen hybrids that are 2-3 chapters old now. I scored 3 manta rays today and will continue to push through the quests to ensure I have plenty of currency for the hotel.