• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time booster question

Tehya1

I started to put this in suggestions, but thought I would ask here first. Has it ever been suggested that time boosters be made stackable? Fo example, if I have a 5 hr booster that I want to use on a 4 hour job, it would be nice if I didn't lose that hour. Also, if I want to poduce a large amount of troops, it would be nice to put 2 five hour boosters on the recuite q before I start so that I don't loose any booster time. I am new to elvenar, but not to gaming, and this is the only game in which I lose that hour rather than have it apply to the next thing, the next recuit q, crafting q, resource q, etc.

StarLoad

Dont know if it has been brought up, But I would support it or a warning that using this will cost you more than the time needed.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I think this would alter the relative value of boosters.
As it is 4x5h boosters are more valuable than a 20h booster for the exact reasons you've laid out.
Changing this isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially since we aren't making the choice between boosters anymore (we used to have event Daily explosives like 3x20h or 4x14 etc)

BrinDarby

@Tehya1 ,
This is why players build up a variety of boosters... and why some
players use 5hr ones like water.... if you need 4hrs, then thats (2) 2hr
(1) 2hr + (2) 1hr , why even use smaller ones.... because so many 5hr
boosters build up, I'll use them in MA for anything 3:30-5hr many
times.... that way I save up the med ones for awhile....

as far as troops go, I guess whatever your max cue, timewise is,
thats where your breakpoint is... if you don't wanna lose out on
using 5hr boosters, add armories so your cue extends further.

I craft alot of boosters, plus all the ones from Spire, I don't seem
to run out anymore, but I use 5hr ones the most liberally.

OIM20

I remember somebody bringing it up once before, Tehya1, but I don't recall which thread. I just spent about thirty minutes scanning through the 'archived I&S' subforum but I didn't find it there. I scanned the active thread titles but nothing popped as the one I read it in.

All of that is to say that I didn't see an active thread with the rollover suggestion, so if you wanted to put one up, I don't think you'd be duplicating anything 'under discussion' or waiting for the OP to call for a vote.

The second idea about the time boosters being applied before you start production would need to be in a separate thread since it is a different mechanic - and I haven't seen that one mentioned previously. I'm also unclear on that concept, but that could be my inadequate language skills again. It sounds like you want to be able to drop the timers before you've set the production but I don't understand how that would resolve losing the time since the building can only produce at the quantity-time set. Even for barracks, the quantity is based on my armories and possibly AWs. I've got five slots. I set for maximum possible production of... let's say archers. So, it takes around 6 hours, 40 minutes at my current production rate.

Is what you're wanting to cut down on the number of times you click the "x" from the time boosts screen, click to train more archers, click the time button, select the timer boost, etc.? You want to drop in 10 hours worth of boosts in advance so you just keep clicking on the archers until it finally stays in the window? Because that's the only way I see that I'd know the boosts had run out.

If I've understood that correctly, then how would that be possible with a rollover for time not used in place? It would read it as time not used since nothing had been produced before applying the timer, wouldn't it? And then it would produce a ten-hour time booster, to resolve the rollover to keep from wasting unused production time?

DeletedUser29768

If I've understood that correctly, then how would that be possible with a rollover for time not used in place? It would read it as time not used since nothing had been produced before applying the timer, wouldn't it? And then it would produce a ten-hour time booster, to resolve the rollover to keep from wasting unused production time?
No, the suggestion is that the excess time on a booster be applied to future productions, not that it gives you "change" for your booster. So, you would have a total amount of saved time stored in any one building; whenever a production is started, its duration would automatically be reduced by the amount of time stored (or alternatively, it could be manually applied). If there was still surplus, it would then be saved for the next production, and so on. The whole suggestion is a sort of "time archive" for each building; think of it like the spire and tourney archives.

OIM20

No, the suggestion is that the excess time on a booster be applied to future productions, not that it gives you "change" for your booster.
Ah. See, what I misunderstood then was this part:
Has it ever been suggested that time boosters be made stackable? Fo example, if I have a 5 hr booster that I want to use on a 4 hour job, it would be nice if I didn't lose that hour.
which makes it sound like OP wants "change". So it's not two ideas, it's one to have a time bank instead of applying the instants after you set the production. The intent, then, is to reduce the number of times we have to go between windows? I'm trying to make sure I understand, not be difficult.

Huor

It would be nice if there were recipes in the MA that would allow us to make change. i.e. convert a 5 hour into 5 one hour, etc... This way nothing has to change, just some new recipes to play with.

DeletedUser29768

So it's not two ideas, it's one to have a time bank instead of applying the instants after you set the production.
Yes, I believe that's correct.
The intent, then, is to reduce the number of times we have to go between windows?
Well, I suppose that is a benefit, but I don't think that was the OP's primary intent. The main reason for this is to be able to use boosters to instantaneously finish a production without losing any time. In the current system, if you don't have the right combination of boosters that add up to exactly the amount of time you need, you will lost any extra. This is especially an issue with large boosters, which result in a huge waste if used on a small production.

To use the OP's example, if you used a 5hr booster on a 4hr production, you would lose 1 hr. If, on the other hand, there was a time bank, the next production would then be reduced by 1 hr, so no net loss.

StarLoad

The same concept that the Builders Help applies a time reduction to a future action, a building placement or upgrade that exceeds a specific time threshold.

Tehya1

In some of my other games, you can buy artifacts, items, etc, that have different amounts of time boosts. When you use one, any time left over is applied to the next thing that you put in q, whether that be supplies or troops. Some of my games are pvp, so clicking in time items into the q, then loading the q with troops to speed recruit is done frequently. Perhaps that wouldn't work here because we don't have auto recruit. My main suggestion is that we lose time when the booster exceeds the q. That might not matter for bigger players, but it is a loss for smaller players like me, and a bit frustrating. I am starting to have enough sf and ccs to craft boosters, and I get some in the spire, but when a troop q is 4 hrrs and all I have are 5 5hr boosters, I lose 5 hrs if I use them on that q to make the most of a brown bear feeding.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
@OIM20
I know @C-Nymph had a Suggestion at one point, perhaps on the International Forum. She wanted a warning for when using a 5hr + 2hr in the Spire, when the system lagged and it used a 5hr and 20 (or 40) hr instead.

BrinDarby

It would be nice if there were recipes in the MA that would allow us to make change. i.e. convert a 5 hour into 5 one hour, etc...
7x 1hr boosters - in MA - 4.5 hrs ( use a 5hr boost ) + 2 cats = instant 1hr boosters.

OIM20

when the system lagged and it used a 5hr and 20 (or 40) hr instead.
Ack!
____________________________________________​
7x 1hr boosters - in MA - 4.5 hrs ( use a 5hr boost ) + 2 cats = instant 1hr boosters.
*blinks at equation* ... *rubs eyes and looks again* ... *blinks at equation again*

There are cats in the MA? I have never seen a cat building in the game. Not even when looking at old abandoned neighbor cities.

....Oh! Is this short for combining catalysts?

(Yes, that is exactly how that went when I read that, and I am entirely serious. If it is combining catalysts, I am accustomed to that being abbreviated as CC.)