• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time Forward Spell

DeletedUser22941

It would be great if there was a spell that, when cast, would speed up the time in your game for a specific interval. It would affect every feature that is time related; goods, spell formation, etc. the cost could either be related to the amount of time, or just make one possible interval and make the cost high, or the offering rare. It would be very handy!

DeletedUser2870

Don't get me wrong, I understand the appeal, but I think this is a horrible idea as it would benefit the end-game players by unreasonable margins since all their factories, AWs, eventbuildings etc would be affected. And would it also have an effect on tourney times and scouting times as well? And what about the event-timer?
Though I agree it would be very handy, I also feel this would be a completely overpowered thing to introduce.
There are already ways to speed up specific parts with the time-reduction spells, which can be gained in several ways.

DeletedUser22941

I see your point. I guess, since I’m not really competitive with the game, I don’t think about how it would unfairly benefit in competition. I think it would have to be individual, and not useable in fellowship events. And, if it was limited to an individual kingdom, it wouldn’t affect scouting time.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
My test with every suggestion is does it make the game more interesting, or only easier. Satisfaction in games generally comes from overcoming obstacles. A change that does nothing but make the game easier reduces obstacles without adding interest. There's no "win condition" in Elvenar, so there is no ultimate satisfaction from completing all obstacles.

The existing timer instants add choices. We have to decide whether to use a timer or save it for somehting else, to use one timer that is longer than we need, or several shorter timers to get exactly the time needed, which comes at an opportunity cost as shorter timers are more flexible and valuable.

As Dhurrin suggested, late game players are often effectively throwing coins and supplies away because they can't use them as fast as they accumulate. Balancing a cost for something that affects anything in the city with a timer would be a herculean task.