• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirai

I am so glad for all the help and joy you have brought us all, and deeply useful aid to the complexities of this beautiful game.
Happy that you are walking and taking good care of yourself, and enjoying the world out there in the big "blue room" - I am sorry to see you go, and hope to see you around perhaps, on FB, living your best life. Thank you a million times, for your gifts and service to this greater game community.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Jack, I've benefited tremendously from your posts over the years, and I am sad to see you go. But I understand 100 percent. I have thought, on occasion of doing that myself. For now, I've decided to focus on one fellowship on Sinya, and that will work. I can sympathize with the need to break off. Elvenar is a wonderful, magical place for those who have the time to pursue the adventure. Sometimes real life will not allow that, and there isn't much we can do about it. Jobs, family or health must take precedence.

Please know how much you are loved, Jack, and how we all want what's best for you. But just in case, we'll leave the light on for you. <3

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Well, I, for one am mad at you! You may be surprised to note that it's a universal law that when somebody looses some weight, somebody else finds it! I found it! Argggg.... LOL! Seriously, though. I've always appreciated your contributions to the Elvenar community. Right from the start, years ago, I looked to you for information and advice and wish that if it were possible I could do even half as well in helping others. You've been a great example of service and leadership and the community here will be less bright when you finally turn out your Elvenar lamp.

AJ

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
This is my last morning doing the rounds of my Elvenar cities (though I will still be hanging around in the background on Facebook while the new team settles in, and still looking for a knowledgeable team leader with lots of time on his/her hands) - and I must confess that it is sad. But there is also an immense feeling of relief; running the playing groups has been immensely helpful for me to 'heal the hole in my soul', and I am grateful that you all were part of that. But one cannot go five years continuously without a single day off!!

Fortunately we have stand-in Arch-Mages for both groups who are quite able to continue to run them according to my unique vision and not let them degenerate to become a mere clone of the bigger, brasher groups. We have a combined Facebook chat for all the Admins, so they will still be able ask for help and explanations about the way I like things done, for a while, until everything settles.
I have thought about the groups' name and am happy to stick with Platinum Leaf; that is how everyone knows it and there is no real reason to change, unless you all decide to abandon my method and change my baby into something of which I would not approve or wish my name to be coupled with.

An amusing story: this morning I am still collecting factories and setting up production runs and the hundred and one things one does every day the way I always do - despite the fact that in 14 hours I am leaving my cities, never to return. This reminds me of the navy cook, who when the captain orders the stopcock valves opened to scuttle the ship so the enemy cannot capture it - washes all the dishes and stacks them neatly, before walking out his galley for the last time, as the ship sinks beneath his feet!

Thanks for the ride everyone, and go well!

Clipboard09.jpg

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
This is my last morning doing the rounds of my Elvenar cities (though I will still be hanging around in the background on Facebook while the new team settles in, and still looking for a knowledgeable team leader with lots of time on his/her hands) - and I must confess that it is sad. But there is also an immense feeling of relief; running the playing groups has been immensely helpful for me to 'heal the hole in my soul', and I am grateful that you all were part of that. But one cannot go five years continuously without a single day off!!

Fortunately we have stand-in Arch-Mages for both groups who are quite able to continue to run them according to my unique vision and not let them degenerate to become a mere clone of the bigger, brasher groups. We have a combined Facebook chat for all the Admins, so they will still be able ask for help and explanations about the way I like things done, for a while, until everything settles.
I have thought about the groups' name and am happy to stick with Platinum Leaf; that is how everyone knows it and there is no real reason to change, unless you all decide to abandon my method and change my baby into something of which I would not approve or wish my name to be coupled with.

An amusing story: this morning I am still collecting factories and setting up production runs and the hundred and one things one does every day the way I always do - despite the fact that in 14 hours I am leaving my cities, never to return. This reminds me of the navy cook, who when the captain orders the stopcock valves opened to scuttle the ship so the enemy cannot capture it - washes all the dishes and stacks them neatly, before walking out his galley for the last time, as the ship sinks beneath his feet!

View attachment 14046
Wishing you the best!!!!! We love ya!!!!

Deleted User - 849411552

Jack - I really appreciate you sharing your story of personal restoration. I hope you continue to enjoy your new life and continue to experience new rewards in the freedom you have won for yourself.

I also appreciate all you contributions to the community. Thank you so much!

Soleil Nightbloom

View attachment 14046
Jack, I’m sad to see you go. You were one of the few veteran players here on the forum that helped me when I took over my fellowship a couple years ago. I never forgot how kind and patient you were with me as I was figuring out my new role as an Archmage. I appreciate all your hard work and it never went unnoticed. Thanks again for all your help/ advice and wish you all a the best :)

Nectar of the Gods

Jack, I understand your reasons and they are good reasons. But I am going to miss you. And you don't even know me. You have been an outstanding help to me over the years even though I stay in the background and haven't said as much. You have been a tremendous help to the community and you built something excellent in your tenure here. Thank you for all you have done. You have been a true blessing.
May your future be fun and bright. Good luck as you move into the next phase of your life.

AeglirielGilmir

Even though I haven’t been really active in-game or her on the forums and have generally just stayed in the background, I still really appreciate the enormous help you’ve been to me and many other players, especially for information on events, and you’ll be remembered for that. Sad to see you leave, but good luck and wishing you the best for the future! :)

Duke00012

well, Jack, you have done a great deal for everyone who has played and continue to play this insane game, good on ya mate; [MOD EDIT ] removed text
if you chose to leave, just leave and be well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Oh Duke the truth at last!!

Let's not forget the many people who had taught Jack beyond the basics, and had their ideas subsumed into the files, and never ever given credit.

Or the game leaders who started new ideas, and had their pictures denied space in his Facebook page.

Or the folks who taught themselves how to read the meaning of all the temporary internet files Elvenar dumps into our PCs, only to be accused of cheating by the OP (that is the  cache Support is always advising us to clear, by the way).

But we can not deny that Jack was very patient with new players, and spent a deal of time online, especially in recent months.

Deleted User - 849777001

Oh Duke the truth at last!!

Let's not forget the many people who had taught Jack beyond the basics, and had their ideas subsumed into the files, and never ever given credit.

Or the game leaders who started new ideas, and had their pictures denied space in his Facebook page.

Or the folks who taught themselves how to read the meaning of all the temporary internet files Elvenar dumps into our PCs, only to be accused of cheating by the OP (that is the  cache Support is always advising us to clear, by the way).

But we can not deny that Jack was very patient with new players, and spent a deal of time online, especially in recent months.

OH MY! The "stepping stones" Speak!

NO one ever achieves "Leadership" without collateral damage...
Society declines to acknowledge it...
Sociopaths exploit it...
and King Maker's...though prospering...resent it!

There IS nothing new under the sun!

Catherina

TIME TO SAY GOODBYE

Platinum Leaf US2 came third in the FA - nice work everyone! Sadly that will be my last Elvenar event ever; I have decided with regret that it is time to leave all aspects of the game and return to real life and start to earn an income. Many people have made generous donations over the last year to help cover expenses, but sadly I am still struggling financially, living on a modest fixed income. Also I have started walking 10 km every day and growing healthier, and have lost 30 kg (70 pounds) in the process, and am struggling to find the time; constantly rushing to switch between real life and Elvenar world; it is getting too stressful - so sadly I must say goodbye; I plan to record the Winter Event Note, and once it is over on 11th December, I will leave you all.
Elvenar has been immensely good to me; running the two fellowships and the Facebook group gave me the self-confidence I needed to stop drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney, and for that I am most grateful and proud of the opportunity to have served you all.
Thank you for being with me on this wonderful journey! I have made great friends and met wonderful people, and it is extremely sad to say goodbye…

View attachment 14022

WANTED: THREE LEADERS
Now we have the problem of who will run each of the two groups in US2 and Beta, and take over the Facebook Group once I am gone. These three were founded in order to create an ethical, fun playing environment for the serious player, without using stolen game information or cheating; without bullying or bossiness; free of drama and conflict, and keeping things as simple as possible without all kinds of bells and whistles and unnecessary rules.
If you feel you can maintain those standards without turning my beloved groups into something I would not be proud of, please send me a private message.
No one has expressed interest in taking over the leadership role in-group, so I will have to advertise outside. I am definitely leaving the game after 11th Dec. I am not going to hand over my precious group to any old Tom Dick or Harry; applicants will be 'interviewed' online to find the right person who will continue what I started along similar lines.
Would anyone be interested in the job?
i will miss everything you have done for us Jack, i have been in the game since its start and reley on you for information and advice. i run 8 groups myself i in each us world, or i would love to help you out. On facebook I am "lynne mandeville" I wish you well in your lifes journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.