• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Time zones -v- culture assists

DeletedUser

Is there some way the culture assist can be activated after a person comes online in the game? I am on the other side of the world to most of my neighbours and when they give me a culture assist, I am usually tucked up in bed and therefore get no value from the assist.
Here's hoping.....

DeletedUser511

Yeah tell me about it. If someone comes on and helps right after I go to bed then its wasted by the time I wake up.

DeletedUser723

Don't you continue to benefit as coins and supplies accrue during that period while you are sleeping? I thought the calculation was based on the eight hours, no matter when the eight hours occur in the cycle. As long as I have houses, I do, and active workshops, I should benefit whether I am online or not. I thought this was the case.

DeletedUser61

The benefit occurs when you COLLECT your coins and/or supplies.

So if you sleep for 10 hours per day, or work or something awful like that, then the 8-hour buff might have expired before you collect.

We'll have a mobile app someday, which will make the collection a bit more graceful when you're out and about.

DeletedUser

I'm all for this as well. I've come online and found two and three helps have appeared and expired since I logged out the night before. I often log in and find them in the last hour or two. It makes the helps quite useless. And given the serious dead-neighbor issue...This seems like something that really ought to be fixed.

DeletedUser723

Then I'm not doing my fellowship any favours polishing in the evenings, but that's when I have time. I hope they get that fixed. I imagine some fellowships will start selecting members based on polish times. That seems to go in the face of the intent of fellowship and community. :(

DeletedUser626

Then I'm not doing my fellowship any favours polishing in the evenings, but that's when I have time. I hope they get that fixed. I imagine some fellowships will start selecting members based on polish times. That seems to go in the face of the intent of fellowship and community. :(

hmm.. having a fellowship with members in a different time zone, i don't see as a bad thing so long as everyone in the fellowship is helping out when they can. to me, just the idea that someone took the time to visit my little city and then offer help is a treasure all by itself.

DeletedUser

To solve this problem, one must check who visited, when they were not online, then send the visitor a message of what time works best for you to make that visit, which you say was useless because you were not online.

So sorry to make some sense of the matter.
Still learning how to play.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61

Or just walk down the list of recent visitors in the Notifications tab.

If somebody is accepting your trades, that's also a solid indicator that they're active and, with a little bit of encouragement, they may start polishing your city as well.

DeletedUser

Well, you can type /who into the chatbox to find out who in your FS is online at that moment. It still does nothing for other people's helps already on your city running out before they can be used.

DeletedUser

Most Fellowships just ask you to visit, as often as you can, not at a specific time. If that is the case, some Fellowships need to change some wording in their descriptions. Not my fault you are not online when I visit, and you have not informed me of a good time to visit for your convenience.
Maybe giving the helping hand to the Main Hall or the Builders Hut would make things better, you will get something out of the visit that way also.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That'd be great if you're on regularly. But some of us have extremely variable schedules, so the time of day we can log in can change drastically.

Also, who is saying anything about fault? We want things changed so no one has to worry about time of day!

DeletedUser

Fault was a bad choice of words. My apologies. Wishing everyone luck on this change, if we get it.

DeletedUser

None of the "talk to your members" really helps when your time zones are so far apart. I would have to ask them to get up in the middle of the night to polish my city. Can't imagine why they would object hehehe. Seriously, it is an issue that should be looked at and I hope the developers take it on board :)

DeletedUser

I'm so sorry for beating this subject to death, but I'm really confused !
I've just looked at my notifications and one member polished my flying boat and I still have nearly 3 hours of this polish available :)
After that time there have been 5 more assists given to me but they all appear to have run out of time. How can that happen when they visited me AFTER the person who polished my boat???
Also, when I hover my mouse over the notification icon (without clicking to open) I see 3 members - 1 says 1 hour and the other 2 say 3 hours. What does this mean?
EDIT: I just opened the notifications and those 3 members are the top 3 gift givers but none of them were the flying boat giver which is the only gift still showing.

DeletedUser

Sounds like a bug or something.

Fyi, the notifications' times don't seem to be correct to local time. I think they might be server time.

DeletedUser

Not really sure what you mean about server time Wildcard. I thought all the players on my world would be on the same server. In which case, the latest gift would be the most current?? (Which it isn't).
Thanks for your feedback anyway. As Frostwyrm said earlier in this post, it's a gift in itself when someone visits your city to help :)
Hopefully one of the developers will read this post and explain it to my poor confused brain lol.

DeletedUser

Same server, but not same time zone. My server is US1 but I'm Pacific and the alerts seem to be on Central time or something. Everything is two or three hours off from my time.

Yes, the latest should be the most current, but sometimes in my email and other types of chronical lists, earlier emails get listed later because of lag or something. Maybe that's what happened in this case? It shouldn't be that way, but it might. I'm more sure that it's just a bug that disappeared your gifts though. You should report it.