• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

tip on self sustained city?

DeletedUser22511

trying out new city type: wonder free, no FS, self sustained city, no event or tourney for now...
just solely because I want to see goods building graphic and animation for all 3 types....
sometimes wish someone create a website with pictures in detail with animation on top on all building types. that gotta be worth flipping through...
it's not my main cities so just really casual and very very slow growing city.

looking for tips on self-sustaining city.
don't think i'm putting in right keyword because I am having hard time finding info.

thanks in advance

shimmerfly

If your taking about playing solo ( alone) I would suggest you at least form your own FS of ONE ( yourself only) so you can benefit from the things you earn from the tournaments. Without the tournaments it would be painful.
It will be very slowwwwww until you build up some friends in your area of the map. I really wouldn't recommend it but you have every right to try!
I'm not sure I'm understanding the graphics part your mentioning.
I hope this is what you meant??

DeletedUser23078

At the beginning in my first city that's still my main one I placed all the manifactories because I didn't know all the boosted thing. Now that I'm in the fairies chapter I still have some of them at level 15, eccept for the ones from tier 3. I admit that it's fascinating to see the animation of all the levels, but alas I think I'll have to sell them sooner or later, because they're really useless: my 15 level silk manifactory produces only 101 every three hours, the scroll one (15 lev) 146; level 15 of marble manif. only 55/h, the same for the planks one. I also have a pair of marble and planks ones at higher levels but still they're quite useless for production, the only reason for I didn't sell them is not to lose score points. Elvenar is made not to keep players alone...

If your taking about playing solo ( alone) I would suggest you at least form your own FS of ONE ( yourself only) so you can benefit from the things you earn from the tournaments. Without the tournaments it would be painful.
It will be very slowwwwww until you build up some friends in your area of the map.

I totally agree. I formed my one person FS too for a little city of mine after seeing a lot of other similar FSs. It can be very difficult to trade with just neighbours, it also depends on your luck.

And here it is my tip for your city: as soon as you have a Magic Academy craft some Traveling Merchant I, II and III tier. They're made to give your not boosted goods at no supply cost. As you change chapter instead of upgrading them with diamonds you can easily recraft and replace them as soon as they pop out in your MA.

Good luck on your new adventure :cool:

Deleted User - 3932582

trying out new city type: wonder free, no FS, self sustained city, no event or tourney for now...
just solely because I want to see goods building graphic and animation for all 3 types....
sometimes wish someone create a website with pictures in detail with animation on top on all building types. that gotta be worth flipping through...
it's not my main cities so just really casual and very very slow growing city.

looking for tips on self-sustaining city.
don't think i'm putting in right keyword because I am having hard time finding info.

thanks in advance
When I read self-sustaining, I read "no trading whatsoever". Which is possible, but would be terribly slow. Which might be fine with you.

But you will need to build all the manufactories, and most of them would be non-boosted = terribly slow. And you won't be able to build too many of each as pop costs are still the same. The good news is, if you ever reach Elementals and above (probably in a decade from now), you won't need to build new manufactories for sentient goods ;)

DeletedUser22511

No trader kind of self sufficient??? Really??
Eeek! And I thought I was weird....just kidding... I know I'm weird.
The very best of luck to you @TheWhiteCitadel .
lols
it's very casual and very slow city. just giving a try so we'll see how it goes.
I only just started so I may just get tired of it in middle or in later chapter and just focus on my main cities only :p

Deleted User - 3932582

Playing with a self-imposed challenge can be fun :)
Normally, I would fully agree. But in this case this sounds like a mind-numbing grind - I mean, you know it can be done, it is just slooooooowwwwww.

Definitely won't recommend as a primary city. Might be (somewhat) fun as a side-project, just to see how far you can go with this setup.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
There aren't many tips to give as you have set the rules to in your own town only. If you allow crafting then the travelling merchants as suggested. Using spells wisely to boost efficiency but again you will be hampered by lack of supply. Just remember if you plan to do this to sentient goods stage that those relics go into goods as well so you will need to plan to stockpile those which will restrict your MA.

Thinking about it more it might be worth skipping the MA and maybe the barracks? Unsure you can spare the space. Probably best to work on min province expansion as well to keep costs down.

Before going to far down the path it might be worth looking at the cost for goods in some later chapters and the production values in the wiki. A quick maths calculation will tell you how long it might take based on the rules stipulated. You can then decide if the time is acceptable to you before you invest too much time.

Deleted User - 3932582

There aren't many tips to give as you have set the rules to in your own town only. If you allow crafting then the travelling merchants as suggested. Using spells wisely to boost efficiency but again you will be hampered by lack of supply. Just remember if you plan to do this to sentient goods stage that those relics go into goods as well so you will need to plan to stockpile those which will restrict your MA.

Thinking about it more it might be worth skipping the MA and maybe the barracks? Unsure you can spare the space. Probably best to work on min province expansion as well to keep costs down.

Before going to far down the path it might be worth looking at the cost for goods in some later chapters and the production values in the wiki. A quick maths calculation will tell you how long it might take based on the rules stipulated. You can then decide if the time is acceptable to you before you invest too much time.
Without going to wiki, here is how I'd approximate this on the back of the envelope:

If you need to build all manufactories, you will likely only be able to afford 1:1:1 setup in each tier, maaaybe 1:2:2 (with 2 for unboosted) - but this is likely pushing it. Assuming that all goods requirements are relatively even, you will be limited by the unboosted goods regardless if you run 1 or 2 unboosteds. So comparable "regular" city will run 3 or 5 boosteds in each tier, and trade these for the rest. So, with output of a single unboosted as 1 unit, 1 boosted outputs 8 units (once you hit 700% relic boost, and we ignore MH boost). So, regular city is going to have either 24 or 40 units of production split across 3 goods in a tier, so 8 or 13 units per good.

Our self contained city is stuck with producing 1 or 2 units per good, which makes it 8x or 6.5x slower. If you have the same build, and can trade you would do better ((8+1+1)/3 = 3.3 and (8+2+2)/3=4, or about 3 times slower) - but that won't be self-contained, would it?

Bottom line is, if you can go through a single chapter in 1.5 months on average, the self-sustained city will take a year - assuming that goods are your primary constraint. Which may or may not be true. You would do slightly better early on when regular city doesn't have a max boost, but it will all go downhill from there ;)

Last edited by a moderator: