• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tips for Dwarves Chapter

• Thread starter DeletedUser3733
  • Start date

DeletedUser3733

I've searched the forums but was unable to find anything directly related. Can someone point me to the relevant info or post it here? I'm particularly looking for strategy to make this go as quickly as possible. One thing I did find is to upgrade the portal to 3 or 4 so that I can unlock the Dwarven Main Hall. I'm unsure how many of the copper/granite mines to build and what the optimal ratio to use.

Any help is appreciated!

Buttrflwr

I've searched the forums but was unable to find anything directly related. Can someone point me to the relevant info or post it here? I'm particularly looking for strategy to make this go as quickly as possible. One thing I did find is to upgrade the portal to 3 or 4 so that I can unlock the Dwarven Main Hall. I'm unsure how many of the copper/granite mines to build and what the optimal ratio to use.

Any help is appreciated!
I am just starting dwarves myself...but here is a guide to them.
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/mykans-guide-guest-races.4200/

I will say I have heard that you should have more granite/copper mines than Mykan has listed here, but as I said, I just started them myself. I have found Mykan's guide to be pretty accurate, so start with it. If you need to add more, you always can. The key is to UPGRADE, unless you have tons of room.

Good luck to us both! :D

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
1. Skip every technology that you can until you get both granite and copper mines unlocked(you can go back later when you are waiting for your mines to produce)
2. upgrade your portal to level 2 ASAP (at level 1 it doesn't even hold enough granite to unlock copper mines)
3. Decide how you feel about getting "tech locked" where you can't advance in the tech tree because you are waiting on granite/copper production
This will help with deciding how many dwarf buildings you need.
17 granite
7 copper
=never techlocked if actively collecting from mines/foundries
12 granite
6 copper
= rarely techlocked

I was very active, and had 14 granite level 4 + 6 copper level 3, and got only got stuck on the last tech, but that was 4 days long.

DeletedUser3942

right now I have 17 granite and 7 copper - I focused on the mines and portal to get them to max level as soon as possible. portal even prio 1 after i had built all granite/copper I wanted to have. because the only way to gain more production output from this little buggers is to get the extra boost on production the portal gives to you. there is no spell like with normal factories you could use to speed up things.
right now I am quite comfortable with this setting.

you could go with 12-15 granite and 6 coppers too depending on your space but with all those KP coming in during the flurry I felt I needed a little more :)

DeletedUser3696

I think it's awesome that I completely forget what I did in Dwarves!!! No idea how many of each I had.

The memory of Fairies is like a heavy fog at the moment - one that doesn't look like it will blow over either :p

DeletedUser4778

My advice is to build as many as you can and see how much granite, copper, and KP you need to complete each tech and the ones after, keeping in mind that each foundry and higher-level upgrade eats up granite and copper and see if it's worth the time it will take to recover the cost. Of course it will depend on how much space you have (or are willing to sacrifice) and how willing you are to be tech locked.

Right now I have 38 mines and 13 foundries and I am still tech locked while waiting to finish the last tech in Dwarves -- I should be done with it in 3 days. I found the numbers and ratio of mines and foundries I needed to be different from what Mykan's and Platinum Leaf's guides recommend, perhaps because I didn't upgrade them to the max because I calculated the cost to be not worth it (I don't have any Lv3 foundries or Lv4 mines). I'm actually regretting upgrading 6 mines to Lv2 in the past week because it takes 20+ days to recover EACH mine's upgrade expense. I only found out when I created specific equations for each tech's goods requirement. Each copper foundry you build also eats up granite so I'm actually ahead in producing copper than granite and I have 3x more mines than foundries unlike the usually recommended ratio of twice. I was tech locked twice before so that makes it a total of 3 tech locks this chapter which I think isn't so bad considering that I participated heavily in two tourneys (13-15 provinces each), lightly in one (5 provinces), plus all the KPs I had to buy for the Flurry event.

EDIT: After this day's yield, I find myself needing 1-2 more foundries (I woke up quite a bit to collect from the low-level mines more often so thank you insomnia) and my granite can withstand building 2 foundries to better match copper and granite production time for research completion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3949

Do I keep all my manufactories and workshops from the previous levels?

mrshineness

Hi...I am so glad to have found all of you...I am new with dwarven tech...I am working on geting enough granite to get up to copper....what a journey...as I had devs add another research area I had to go back and complete before I could go forward in dwarven...it was banshee.....now I have a red wxclamation point...a warning about an apparition...anyone have this happen???...I havent found anything...yet!!! thanks for any help

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@mrshineness
this coming wednesday that banshee tech will become mandatory, and you will not be able to continue researching anything until it is full and activated

DeletedUser619

My first time through Dwarves, I kept enough Granite mines, at a sufficient level, to get the "Earn 8000 granite" quest when it came up. This second time through, I'm only devoting enough space to the needs of the Dwarves as I feel I can spare. I hate the look of the Dwarven houses and Main Hall, so I won't upgrade those until I'm into Faeries. If I get tech-locked, so be it; I can use the books to upgrade my AWs or try to get runes from donating books to my FS or neighbors. There's no reason to rush through a particular chapter if that's not how you want to play your game. At the end of the day, it is your game. Play it the way it gives you the most satisfaction.

Buttrflwr

My first time through Dwarves, I kept enough Granite mines, at a sufficient level, to get the "Earn 8000 granite" quest when it came up. This second time through, I'm only devoting enough space to the needs of the Dwarves as I feel I can spare. I hate the look of the Dwarven houses and Main Hall, so I won't upgrade those until I'm into Faeries. If I get tech-locked, so be it; I can use the books to upgrade my AWs or try to get runes from donating books to my FS or neighbors. There's no reason to rush through a particular chapter if that's not how you want to play your game. At the end of the day, it is your game. Play it the way it gives you the most satisfaction.

Don't they look the same at each level no matter when you upgrade them? o_O

DeletedUser1996

naw- they change looks when you upgrade em` and I think they look ok. Faster you get through the Dwarves the sooner you get cool looking fairy buildings-Enjoy while you can-Cus Orcs Stink !