• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tips for parking a city in chapter

Iyapo1

So the FA caused a slight delay in my negative population experiment...but i am back on track! I have gone negative population in all three of my cities and am going to see how high I can tournament with the present build.
I doubt I will be able to sustain more than 9k ish...we will see!

iyapo1 on Harander has 9 planks/13 scroll/4dust/-32k pop/316k standard goods per day
iyapo1 on Elcy has 17 steel/6 scroll/4 elixer/-33k pop/344k standard goods per day
iyapo2 on Elcy has 16 marble/10 crystal/4 gems/-35k pop/352 standard goods per day.
No Phoenix out yet and I am limited to 12 MMs per week. My goods production(above) does not include set or evolving building production.

Iyapo1

@Snowberri, I am parked in chapter 9 atm, but because I wont need population to build guest race settlements I will be able to go through chapter 10 with all of the above manufactories...as long as I save all upgrades until the end of the chapter.

Edit to add: I cater though so I need a lot of manufactories to hit gold spire and 8k tournament. The goods requirements for advancing in the tech tree wont even skin my pinkie toe.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@Snowberri, I am parked in chapter 9 atm, but because I wont need population to build guest race settlements I will be able to go through chapter 10 with all of the above manufactories...as long as I save all upgrades until the end of the chapter.

Edit to add: I cater though so I need a lot of manufactories to hit gold spire and 8k tournament. The goods requirements for advancing in the tech tree wont even skin my pinkie toe.

I have it on good authority that you pinkie toe is very happy with this. ;):D

AJ

Iyapo1

So I did 35 tents this week and got a score of 9.4k in all my catering cities! Yikes, not sustainable! I would need to make around 900k more standard goods per week(in each city). There are not enough MM spells in my inventory. So next week I am going to try 33 tents and see how it goes.

Nerwa

I'm kinda shocked-Pikachu about anyone having 25+ upgraded factories in the first place. Half-a-dozen factories is high production for me, and that's without being fully upgraded, lol!

I'm a glacially slow grower; I've been in ch 7 for ~3 months & only hit my sweet spot maybe a couple weeks ago. Probably going to be in-chapter for most of the year. Minimal upgrades = lowered needs = stockpiles that Scrooge McDuck would have fun swimming in.

I tried leap-frogging through ch 6 after a long park in ch 5 - did it maybe a month & a half? Yuuuuckkk. NOT my cuppa at all. I'd rather kick back with a fruity-girly-drink and swat at those pesky Swamp Monsters.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm a glacially slow grower; I've been in ch 7 for ~3 months & only hit my sweet spot maybe a couple weeks ago. Probably going to be in-chapter for most of the year. Minimal upgrades = lowered needs = stockpiles that Scrooge McDuck would have fun swimming in.

I tried leap-frogging through ch 6 after a long park in ch 5 - did it maybe a month & a half? Yuuuuckkk. NOT my cuppa at all. I'd rather kick back with a fruity-girly-drink and swat at those pesky Swamp Monsters.

Sometimes it is fun to charge through as quickly as you can, for as long as you can. When I started my Beta city, I cleared the first 14 chapters in 14 months, and then chapters 15 and 16 forced me to slow down.

Nerwa

Sometimes it is fun to charge through as quickly as you can, for as long as you can.

You go right on and do that.* Enjoy yourself. I will lounge in the grandstands sipping Brambles** & cheer you on.

Footnotes
*<shudders delicately but feelingly>
**Gin, fruit liqueur#, simple syrup, & lemon juice. Shake until chilled. Garnish with a blackberry & a lemon twist##.
Footnotes to footnotes
#Creme de mure, classically; creme de cassis in a pinch. May be varied with any fruit liqueur. Pomegranate is a personal favorite.
##For extra flavor & color, muddle a couple berries in the shaker first.

Iyapo1

Sometimes it is fun to charge through as quickly as you can, for as long as you can. When I started my Beta city, I cleared the first 14 chapters in 14 months, and then chapters 15 and 16 forced me to slow down.
I am so tempted to start a little city and try the run as fast as you can method...but I think it would drive me nuts! Maybe not...future challenge for myself if I get bored maybe?

Iyapo1

Update on my negative population experiment.

I can sustainably do 33 tents to six stars in chapter 9 with this build. Unfortunately, I cant do anything else. The coin drop has had a negative impact on my ability to buy goods from the Wholesaler and since I am so close to the sustainable line, I cant continue clearing provinces.
I want to have 400 provinces cleared by the end of chapter ten so I am going to drop my tournament performance down to something a little more sane for a while.

DeletedUser30612

That’s alot of provinces, have you been clearing them since you reached chapter 8 like mad?

Iyapo1

@Snowberri
The orc wall is in ring 11, if you clear provinces in perfect rings you can clear 222 provinces without hitting it. All of my cities hit the orc wall in chapter 7. I have been clearing provinces like mad ever since I got out of the early chapter pinch point(chapter 1-5). I am currently at around 310 cleared. Because of my scouting habits my provinces are expensive to scout, expensive to clear, and my scout times are ridiculously high for a chapter 9 city

StarLoad

Bringing this back up in my Parked city on Elcy I am in Negative pop as I re-did my city and layout and removed(deleted) lots of buildings no longer needed (crab hotels) and that took up space. Since then all I have to upgrade is AW and that needs no pop. So it works for me and my MFG T1 and T2 are running full speed as are my S1,2 and 3.

negpop1.png

Added I started out at -37K pop so its getting better with the AW upgrades