• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Todays Happy Canada Day Sale

StarLoad

Just logged in and got the popup for today's sale and noticed the Triumph of the Tides base and artifacts were available. To my surprise, it is offering me this even though I have two level 10 triumph's from the event. Anyone else getting the offer with having a base already? Is this a change @helya that we can buy another now?

Ed

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I feel like they should let us buy a second Polar Bear base if it's Canada Day.
Do you think @Sir Squirrel is setting off illegal fireworks today or are our friends to the north too polite and law abiding?

crackie

Heh heh
I am not telling!!! ;)
Happy Canada Day
H-eh, are you from the Great White North too? I haven't noticed you dropping excessive U's in your spellings. Though, with this crowd, apparently some drop excess U's because they're bookworms and not due to being from the Commonwealth.

So, are you getting a 3rd Tide, @ed1960?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
H-eh, are you from the Great White North too? I haven't noticed you dropping excessive U's in your spellings. Though, with this crowd, apparently some drop excess U's because they're bookworms and not due to being from the Commonwealth.

So, are you getting a 3rd Tide, @ed1960?
Lol
I am a dual citizen, born in the good ole US of A, but live in Canada, atm and for most of my life. However I lived in the greater D'troit area (aka Windsor lol) for the first half of my life, and have always been a hydrid. I used Us on the EN Forum, back when the mods were good people, unlike now. Sure do miss Marindor and Muf-Muf running the show over there. Sad to see what that Forum has become.

Last edited:

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Happy Canada day!! Yeah @crackie we like to blow up stuff here too!! The spelling corrector for the forum doesn't like U's here in the forum for some reason, so I don't Use them often.

Zoof

I'd make a joke here about the North American continent and a piece of headwear, but I fear it might be in poor taste as I myself am an American.
As as Floridian, though. Looking forward to Canada's Pants Day.

---
Keeping on topic, I too am getting a sale.

1656706548834.png

Those Manta Rays are looking quite tempting, even though my $0 budget dictates that I ought to be smarter about what I buy. The portable mini Petsmart Savory Bites building is probably a smarter buy, were I really to be tempted, but man oh man is mana so addictive. And the Manta Ray is looking extra sparkly today. And pettable...

crackie

I used Us on the EN Forum, back when the mods were good people, unlike now. Sure do miss Marindor and Muf-Muf running the show over there. Sad to see what that Forum has become.
So. Hard. To. Sit. On. Hands. And. Not. Comment...

but man oh man is mana so addictive.
Dragon Abbey! Mana on demand and buffing for Buddy and friends.

I like your new avatar. It looks very scholarly. Does your dragon come with small T-Rex hands like @muffy.?

Raccon

Just logged in and got the popup for today's sale and noticed the Triumph of the Tides base and artifacts were available. To my surprise, it is offering me this even though I have two level 10 triumph's from the event. Anyone else getting the offer with having a base already? Is this a change @helya that we can buy another now?

Ed
I got that offer too.
I feel like they should let us buy a second Polar Bear base if it's Canada Day.
Unfortunately, polar bear, brown bear and fire phoenix are the ones we'll never see available if you already have one, as devs belive %99.9 of players are caterers :(

Zoof

Dragon Abbey! Mana on demand and buffing for Buddy and friends.

I like your new avatar. It looks very scholarly. Does your dragon come with small T-Rex hands like @muffy.?
I've still got a way to go before I can get that ancient wonder. I'm currently busy trying to get the treehuggers woodelves to be happy, then to go be happy somewhere else. Then I have to go invite a bunch of magic users whose disposition I know nothing about but given they've got necromancers going for them, I imagine that I'm going to be hearing lots of phrases that include words like "irresponsible", "No", "Stop!", "Don't do that!" and "What have you done?", then survive all that before I'm awarded the building that gushes mana out its backside each time I pop a spell. And boy howdy have I been stockpiling purple spells for that occasion. My floating books and other miscellaneous culture items really do miss looking prettier with the power of magic glitter.
---
My new dragon avatar's main requirements were (1) Have a top hat (2) and a monocle
The dragon itself, I imagine, is just a boring ol' western style hexapod. With a comically small cup of coffee or tea nearby. Because anyone that fancy has to have either a lot of tea on-hand for guests, or caffeinated to hell and back. Or both. Those categories are not mutually exclusive.

crackie

My new dragon avatar's main requirements were (1) Have a top hat (2) and a monocle
The dragon itself, I imagine, is just a boring ol' western style hexapod. With a comically small cup of coffee or tea nearby. Because anyone that fancy has to have either a lot of tea on-hand for guests, or caffeinated to hell and back. Or both. Those categories are not mutually exclusive.
Hmm...this dragon sounds like it lives in the Wilds of Beyond too. Apparently half of you are Canadians and the rest of you are all neighbors in the Wilds of Beyond. How did I end up here?

One of my friends only need vision correction for one eye. I was pushing so hard for her to get a monocle. How many people are even monocle candidates! Alas, she wears contact lens for one eye.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member

Ed
Every once in a while a second base is offered for purchase. This seems to be one of those times.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I bought the extra base and will try to get the artifacts when they come about in the spire and crafting and maybe they will offer a two for one deal for artifacts in the next years event. I couldn't afford 150 bucks in diamonds for it and don't think I would have paid that even if I could afford it, (that is a whole tank of gas, which I need more then a virtual building).

Moho

Chef
When this offer popped up, I had been saving diamonds for some time. My goal was to save enough to acquire expansions for one (or some, or all) of my three cities. I had aroud 14,400 diamonds at that time.

The Triumph of the Tides is an efficient and versatile building. I knew I had to take advantage of this offer right away but those diamonds could only cover the costs for one building. Each of my three cities already had a fully evolved Triumph of the Tides building. When checking my inventory, I noticed that the largest city had two Triumph of the Tides artificats and my two younger cities had three each. I decided I should acquire an additional building for my smaller cities only because my diamond resources were limited and the general situation of the bigger city was much better anyway.

Thus, I bought a base and six artifacts for one city and another base and two artifacts for the other one and now there are two fully evolved Triumph of the Tides in a city and one fully evolved building and a level 6 one in the other. A level 6 Triumph of the Tides is productive enough to be worth planting. My cities are both fighting fortresses and catering economies, and they can profit from the versatility of this great building.

Although I spent most of the diamonds which I had been saving to get new expansions, buying the Triumph of the Tides was a smart move because it was going to enable the optimization of the space that I already had. I can't wait to reorganize the space after the incoming FA.

Last edited:

Lady Dastardly

I bought the extra base and will try to get the artifacts when they come about in the spire and crafting
Yep, I did the same for both cities. I already have 2 artifacts in one, and 3 in the other, so I figure it's a good investment, even if it takes awhile to get the rest of the artifacts. Looks like I won't be springing for the Royal Prize pass after all, since this was a better use of my diamonds.