• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tome of Secrets - Worthwhile?

DeletedUser4821

Is it worth having one? Mine takes up a lot of space and it's space I need for other things. Is the KP every 24 hours and the 500 supplies each time I scout a province enough to keep it?

Your comments/suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!

DeletedUser4821

I tore mine down after doing the math. Some peeps like them, but I, and many others, find them not worth the space. You can get the supplies and kp much more efficiently. Just my humble opinion. :)

Thanks for your humble opinion. :) That's the direction I'm leaning. It just doesn't seem worth the space. Thank you!

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Only a handful are good from level 1 (prosperity towers is pretty good). Tome of secrets to me is one of the best and most underrated wonders. Very happy people don't like it cause if it gets buffed I will be even happier :rolleyes::cool:

The supplies per scout are pretty minor initially, the kp though is good depending on how you play. Allowing for missing some collections it is roughly an extra 300KP in a year that is an extra level or 2 to a wonder, a number of extra techs depending on your era. If you put kp into wonders it can also assist you to gain specific runes. once you get it to level 6 that KP becomes 600 per year which is a good deal of techs and everything else.

DeletedUser4821

Only a handful are good from level 1 (prosperity towers is pretty good). Tome of secrets to me is one of the best and most underrated wonders. Very happy people don't like it cause if it gets buffed I will be even happier :rolleyes::cool:

The supplies per scout are pretty minor initially, the kp though is good depending on how you play. Allowing for missing some collections it is roughly an extra 300KP in a year that is an extra level or 2 to a wonder, a number of extra techs depending on your era. If you put kp into wonders it can also assist you to gain specific runes. once you get it to level 6 that KP becomes 600 per year which is a good deal of techs and everything else.

Thank you. i still have a lot to learn. I think real estate is the issue here for me. It's probably bad planning on my end. Live and learn.

DeletedUser24365

Is it worth having one? Mine takes up a lot of space and it's space I need for other things. Is the KP every 24 hours and the 500 supplies each time I scout a province enough to keep it?

Your comments/suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks!
i have a library that is 1x2 makes 1kp a day.scouting is over 100k for me by time i got to make it and 2 hours,so i am spending 100k for 2k supplies,that have plenty of.so i see no point in this. i have enough problems with space as it is.

DeletedUser23049

i have a library that is 1x2 makes 1kp a day.scouting is over 100k for me by time i got to make it and 2 hours,so i am spending 100k for 2k supplies,that have plenty of.so i see no point in this. i have enough problems with space as it is.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to sell mine or teleport it i think they are worthless>.................

DeletedUser24059

I am with lvl11 tome of secrets . Lvl 15 Main hall. And get 79200 supplies per scout. I have three workshops and i don't need them. Yes you can have libraries, but more KP is always welcome. There is one question you can ask yourself: Is that wonder gives to me something that there is no other way to get it? There are wonders that give unique things. And that is the reason to give up on tome of secrets. If you examine the poeple's cities you will find that they are full of worthless buildings but they just want them and like them. So if you like it build it. I like my very much.

Kekune

There is one question you can ask yourself: Is that wonder gives to me something that there is no other way to get it? There are wonders that give unique things. And that is the reason to give up on tome of secrets.

Actually, I think there's great value in getting ordinary things more efficiently. Sure, there are a million ways to get supplies, but if I can get some of that more efficiently through wonders then I can sell off some workshops and use the space, pop, and culture for something more interesting.

Personally, I don't like wonders that depend on scouting. I feel that I have less control over both my scouting and the resources they generate.

Deleted User - 3932582

I feel that I have less control over both my scouting and the resources they generate.
Then I assume you don't like Wishing Wells, or playing in events or Spire either? There are many instances where you don't control individual outcomes, yet have a pretty good idea of what your long-term averages are. With scouting you have more control than in many other cases.

Kekune

Then I assume you don't like Wishing Wells, or playing in events or Spire either? There are many instances where you don't control individual outcomes, yet have a pretty good idea of what your long-term averages are. With scouting you have more control than in many other cases.

Nah, I like those fine. I can't control those no matter what, so I accept them as chance. But with the tome, I had to choose between managing my scouting very closely to maintain steady supplies, or accepting a huge range of daily supply production. I don't personally like that choice, and opted for wonders that give a steadier output.