• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tonight's quest?

rvtdragon1

The new quest, coming at 6pm eastern tonight, is "Gain a small amount of Elixir". In my case, 1,225, which, first of all, as a non boosted good is NOT a small amount. Second, as soon as the quest appear there will be a lot of people posting trades. Elixir boosted players will be inundated with requests for help to accept trades. So, here is the question. If I put up a trade, say "1,225 Elixir for 20,000 Dust (which will deduct that amount of Elixir from my stored good) and then immediately cancel the trade, which adds the Elixir back to my total, will that count as me gaining the needed amount of Elixir to complete the quest? Also, if it does is that against the rules or is it just a way around the quest?

DeletedUser9601

No, it won't work that way.
Just send a note to a neighbor or an FS member. Say you'll send them 2K elixir for 3K dust, and then immediately have them send it back.

rvtdragon1

Well, that's too bad. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Seems like it should work. Oh well, I have some good neighbors and FS. We all should be able to work it out. All I have to collect keys are the daily quests. Finished everything else.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It will be worse before it gets better. Wait for Saturday evening, when it's "a small amount" of dust, and the dust tournament just ended where people were trying to get 50, or 90, or more relics for the event.....

fitress

No, it won't work that way.
Just send a note to a neighbor or an FS member. Say you'll send them 2K elixir for 3K dust, and then immediately have them send it back.
It's probably not the best etiquette to butt in this way, but what are the steps in setting up an individual deal. I know I would post a note to the neighbor, but then what? Do I just hang out in the Trader until it appears?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
It's probably not the best etiquette to butt in this way, but what are the steps in setting up an individual deal. I know I would post a note to the neighbor, but then what? Do I just hang out in the Trader until it appears?
Probably best to arrange a time in a PM via the in game mail. If neither of you are in Fellowships, you could create one for a day then you can use the chat (if it works) to do it real-time.

DeletedUser9601

You're right that setting up timing is hard.
But you can avoid the timing issue with the deal structure. If you offer 2K elixir for 3K dust, no one is going to take that trade, because its a bad trade. So you just send a note (or a few notes) and let them post at their convenience.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
In the FS, we do it in chat, so it's not private, but we all help each other when we can, so no one cares. I'll post that I need something for a quest and I can give it right back. Someone comes in and says they can do that. I go put up the trade, then post in chat that it's up. They go get it. Then I post the same trade in reverse, post in chat that it's up, they go get it. We find that easier & quicker than trying to use the email/message system.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
I just post 2 trades, one the reverse of the other. Any fellowship member with enough goods will clear it.

As to non-boost the amount shouldn't matter as your qty of goods in store comes from your boosted goods factories. If you have enough factories you will be constantly building surpluses and trading for the non-boost. Quests like this help encourage trading.