• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

too many animations causing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser701

Please institute an option like in FOE where you can turn off animations when visiting other people's cities.

I have to regularly reload the game 3 times when visiting other fellowship members because the game freezes. Others in my fellowship have said that only half a city shows up when they visit others, and sometimes they don't see buildings but weird graphics/icons above where the buildings should be.

Please give us the option of turning off animations when visiting other people's cities, I think the abundance of animations is taxing the graphics and therefore making the program shut down. Thank you.

DeletedUser61

There are actually two answers.
  1. You can use the gear menu to reduce the amount of detail, which includes the animations
  2. You can use the "E" Hotkey to flip to buffable icons before the city graphics even load.
The slow loading actually has very little to do with the animations. Loading is more about your internet connection. You should be getting something similar to http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5373020689

DeletedUser594

If you switch the graphics to low it pretty much does the same thing. Click the cogwheel lower right of screen
*quick-fingerswijk beat me to the post yet again

DeletedUser701

I used the gear menu to lower the detail before I posted my initial post, and it didn't make a difference. Here is my speedtest, 21.91 download speed. http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5569209422
If too many animations don't cause performance problems, then why is it even an option to turn them off in FOE?

Status
Not open for further replies.