• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too many Spell Fragments in the Spire

Rocce Sqirl

What is really dissuading me from doing the Spire lately is there are too many encounters where Spell Fragments is the highest percentage prize. I have 132,000 Spell Fragments right now (nearly all of them won in the Spire), plus dozens of useless items in inventory I can disenchant for more. I charted a couple of trips to the top and Spell Fragments was the prize almost 50% of the time. It's a good prize, but it loses value because it comes up way too often to make the Spire an enticing thing to do every week. OTOH, I always do the Tournament for the KP and the enchantments. Spire needs more variety of prizes. More KP would be nice. Maybe even Vision Vapor. Mana. Seeds.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@CrazyWizard showed the math on why this isn't the problem. The number of spell frags won in the spire compared to CCs actually balances out so that with reasonable crafting you run out of SF faster than CCs.
If that is not the case in your city then your moonstone library sets are to blame, not the spire rewards.
That, or not enough crafting- get those free diamonds =)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Only place that gives more diamonds than Spire is the Mystery Object chest. You need Spire to get Genies and Goddesses don’t give that much. The Spire has an end so I see completing it as the challenge itself. Once you can beat it, it becomes a constant already accounted for in your budgeting. Then it doesn’t matter what prizes they throw in there. If they give me spell frags in every chest (and I already have 500k from libraries) except gate bosses and mystery chests, I will still claim them all to get my max diamonds worth.

:diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond: Bling bling! :diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond:

Aritra

@CrazyWizard showed the math on why this isn't the problem. The number of spell frags won in the spire compared to CCs actually balances out so that with reasonable crafting you run out of SF faster than CCs.
If that is not the case in your city then your moonstone library sets are to blame, not the spire rewards.
That, or not enough crafting- get those free diamonds =)
Are you saying that if you don't have enough CCs to use your frags it is because (or significantly related to) insufficient moonstone libraries? Those have been cut off so if that was the "makes it okay" factor, then it needs to be rebalanced. Before the moonstone limitation went into effect, I had only acquired one, as will anyone new going forward.

My fully upgraded MA has been continuously producing CCs and continuous crafting (incl SF only/no CC items), but the CCs hardly make a dent in my 32K (and increasing) frags. I liked getting frags from the Spire, depended on it, but now I have such an extreme and increasing surplus, I'd like to see other rewards more often. It is possibly also impacted by clearing more of the Spire than I did six months ago, Spire awarding far more frags than semi-scarce CCs.

I think a possible compromise would be limiting the frag awards to the first floor so that the second floor would see more of "other" winnings.

Gladiola

@Aritra I think what @SoggyShorts was saying was that if you have way more frags than you can get CCs through 1) crafting them, 2) winning them in the Spire and 3) getting them free from Moonstone libraries that this is most likely due to having multiple Moonstone Library sets. That is, the Moonstone library produces far more spell fragments than you can use with the CCs from the libraries alone, so if you have many libraries, you will end up with an excess of fragments since there are not enough CCs from non-library sources to sop them all up. Therefore the "problem" is too many libraries, not winning too many fragments in the Spire.

I do not have any library buildings, relying exclusively on the Spire for spell fragments (and defragging if I have to), and tend to find myself with more CCs than fragments, although this may be partly because I craft things using CCs conservatively and do any of the 1650 spell fragment Pet Food I can get my hands on.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have no moonstone libraries out (although I do have 4 in inventory) and I always have a ton more spell fragments than I have ccs. I can usually keep about 100 ccs at a time, and that's with daily use of the MA crafts. But the spell frags never total less than 25000. The math just doesn't work for me.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I have no moonstone libraries out (although I do have 4 in inventory) and I always have a ton more spell fragments than I have ccs. I can usually keep about 100 ccs at a time, and that's with daily use of the MA crafts. But the spell frags never total less than 25000. The math just doesn't work for me.
How many spell fragments are you getting daily from your moonstone library set pieces?

Deleted User - 849402856

This may not apply to long-time users who already have all three original fully-leveled phoenixes, but as a relatively new user I have been crafting the phoenix artifacts from the MA, and each recipe requires 10,000 spell fragments. I have been finishing all three floors of the spire for the past 6 weeks, and I also get spell fragments from the full library set, but still it is not easy for me to meet the demand for spell fragments. I have crafted 3 artifacts so far, and I want to craft 9 more, so it is going to be a long way to go.

DeletedUser27062

This may not apply to long-time users who already have all three original fully-leveled phoenixes, but as a relatively new user I have been crafting the phoenix artifacts from the MA, and each recipe requires 10,000 spell fragments. I have been finishing all three floors of the spire for the past 6 weeks, and I also get spell fragments from the full library set, but still it is not easy for me to meet the demand for spell fragments. I have crafted 3 artifacts so far, and I want to craft 9 more, so it is going to be a long way to go.

My biggest and oldest city suffers a chronic shortage of spell frags. I currently have less than 500 again even though I have a library and do full spire every week. Now that crafting artifacts looks like it's going to be a regular thing I feel like I'm seriously disadvantaged by not getting enough frags.

DeletedUser27062

How many spell fragments are you getting daily from your moonstone library set pieces?
525 spell frags daily from 1 moonstone set (450 from main building, 75 from endless scroll).

DeletedUser27062

@Aritra I think what @SoggyShorts was saying was that if you have way more frags than you can get CCs through 1) crafting them, 2) winning them in the Spire and 3) getting them free from Moonstone libraries that this is most likely due to having multiple Moonstone Library sets. That is, the Moonstone library produces far more spell fragments than you can use with the CCs from the libraries alone, so if you have many libraries, you will end up with an excess of fragments since there are not enough CCs from non-library sources to sop them all up. Therefore the "problem" is too many libraries, not winning too many fragments in the Spire.

I do not have any library buildings, relying exclusively on the Spire for spell fragments (and defragging if I have to), and tend to find myself with more CCs than fragments, although this may be partly because I craft things using CCs conservatively and do any of the 1650 spell fragment Pet Food I can get my hands on.
The complete library set gives 525 spell frags and 1 cc daily.
Here are some crafting recipes:
8hr time booster - 622 frags + 1 CC
relics - 300 frags + 1 CC
orc nest - 600 frags + 4 CC

Looking through the recipes there are loads of spell frag only recipes as well so I don't think the problem is too many libraries. The problem is relying on RNG exclusively to dish out rewards. There's no consideration for what a player has or needs and the complete randomness of it means you'll get hugely varying results with some folk having 100s of thousands and others having next to none.

DeletedUser27062

Are you saying that if you don't have enough CCs to use your frags it is because (or significantly related to) insufficient moonstone libraries? Those have been cut off so if that was the "makes it okay" factor, then it needs to be rebalanced. Before the moonstone limitation went into effect, I had only acquired one, as will anyone new going forward.

My fully upgraded MA has been continuously producing CCs and continuous crafting (incl SF only/no CC items), but the CCs hardly make a dent in my 32K (and increasing) frags. I liked getting frags from the Spire, depended on it, but now I have such an extreme and increasing surplus, I'd like to see other rewards more often. It is possibly also impacted by clearing more of the Spire than I did six months ago, Spire awarding far more frags than semi-scarce CCs.

I think a possible compromise would be limiting the frag awards to the first floor so that the second floor would see more of "other" winnings.
The problem is that by limiting opportunities to get spell frags people like me who are experiencing a frag drought will suffer. It is far far better to have too much of something than not enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27062

Only place that gives more diamonds than Spire is the Mystery Object chest. You need Spire to get Genies and Goddesses don’t give that much. The Spire has an end so I see completing it as the challenge itself. Once you can beat it, it becomes a constant already accounted for in your budgeting. Then it doesn’t matter what prizes they throw in there. If they give me spell frags in every chest (and I already have 500k from libraries) except gate bosses and mystery chests, I will still claim them all to get my max diamonds worth.

:diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond: Bling bling! :diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond::diamond:
My genies net me about 2k in diamonds every week.