• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too Soon!!

Rocce Sqirl

We're not even 2 days from the end of the last Fellowship Adventure and already I'm hearing chatter about the next one is in in Beta??? It's too soon!!! Doing a FA takes a lot of coordination among FS members, and much of one's own game gets put on the back burner. Give us a while to catch up with our own game. The adventure was great fun last time and my FS had a lot of fun with it, but jeez, let us catch our breath! Weekly tournaments keep us busy enough. Adventures should be something special that only happen maybe 6 times a year.

The Unbeliever

Or else, decide if maybe the 1st and or 2nd stages are worth the effort...
The Sun Codex for example is a decent little culture producer for early cities, and gives amazing culture/tile at late game chapters while still being tiny in size so as to not detract from the main needs of mana/seeds production.

It's really the 3rd stage that's the hellish stage, as the badge requirements go through the roof to the point it just becomes stupid. ;)

edeba

You see how AFTER the fact they've made a reward to people who did a finished FA event, so, no opportunity to go back and do it if you missed it, or to drop a badge if your FA did it and you just didn't get around to it. We have one who joined mid FA and she just couldn't play it, so she won't get the prize for that reason.

DeletedUser3468

I certainly think that it's far too soon for another FA. I have no interest in ever doing another one unless they improve the quest selection (in other words, do away with the endless quest scrolling that had my right hand spasming from repetative stress!) and give out prizes that are equal to the amount of effort that goes into each map; a smallish but nice one for the first map - if it's fairly easy, a slightly larger, better one for the second map, and a kick a$$ one for the third map which is always a monster to finish. More of the scaled prizes for the top 3, 10. 20, 50, etc. at the end. Then I might reconsider and do another one... but it's not likely!

The Unbeliever

I'm fine with back to back events, just not the FA. I'd be happy to always have a little something extra to do besides reset productions and the tournament.
I'll never be happy about cycling quests.
If they would just give us FoE's improved quest & cycling system, even FA's would suddenly become 1000x less rage-inducing.

DeletedUser16509

We're not even 2 days from the end of the last Fellowship Adventure and already I'm hearing chatter about the next one is in in Beta??? It's too soon!!! Doing a FA takes a lot of coordination among FS members, and much of one's own game gets put on the back burner. Give us a while to catch up with our own game. The adventure was great fun last time and my FS had a lot of fun with it, but jeez, let us catch our breath! Weekly tournaments keep us busy enough. Adventures should be something special that only happen maybe 6 times a year.
my problem is I'm a newer player (just getting to level 3) and i noticed in my FA that none of the upper level players even played they showed up to open the prize (the treasure chest) so just how does a FS adventure benefit all player if most don't play

Laochra

The general consensus in all 6 of my fellowships is that we are not participating.
1. It's much too soon.
2. The cycling desperately needs to be fixed.
3. The prizes, though somewhat improved & a step in the right direction (better than 3 AWKPs), are not worth the time, effort, and loss of goods & relics.
(not to mention the slave trading of orcs)

DeletedUser6570

Does anyone have a list of the waypoint requirements for this new FSA? I'm doubting our FS will have any desire to participate if it's like March's....

GreenJean

I heard there was a place to vote for how one feels about another FA so soon. I don't see it, but I vote "TOO SOON". Every other month or two would be my vote, 4 or 6 times a year. And fix the quest cycling issue. My little old wrist has been bothering me since the last one.

DeletedUser3468

My fellowship has decided to take it easy on this event. We will play casually, no great effort put into the event. We might finish 1 path. he reason for this: 1. It is much too soon after the last FA to even think about jumping into another one. 2. The prizes for this event have always been lame for the amount of effort needed to complete all 3 levels. I hope Inno is reading these posts and does something to help the players out.
Inspector 12, ArchMage of The Elite Hand of Tesla.

DeletedUser17976

I think it's too soon but, our FS , have decided to do it anyway so even though we are still burned out from the last one, we have and are pulling togther and aiming for the top place again, guess we are masochists

DeletedUser3468

Well, that was fun...(no not really). Just had one of the newbies in our Arendyll Fellowship accuse me of trying to scare the member off of playing the next FA. So what did I do that was so scary? (aside from saying that I thought it was a really bad idea for such new players!) I listed the requirements for the first map. That's it. Just listed what would be required. So scary!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Oh, and she's in chapter one...

and still wants to do the FA...

and she's gone...

*sigh*

At least she didn't make me boot her for violating our only rule: No Drama!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3122

My FS has pretty much voted on boycotting this one. It's too soon. Not only that but, for me personally, I just finished the mobile app questline 2 days ago so I never even got a break between all the FA & mobile quest cycling, which is aggravating as heck.

DeletedUser3122

So what did I do that was so scary? (aside from saying that I thought it was a really bad idea for such new players!) I listed the requirements for the first map.

Last FA, I had a newer member quit too. It's just too overwhelming for new players. I tried doing it in beta before I quit beta altogether, as a new member. Waaayyy too overwhelming. So don't take it personally. :)

DeletedUser3468

Last FA, I had a newer member quit too. It's just too overwhelming for new players. I tried doing it in beta before I quit beta altogether, as a new member. Waaayyy too overwhelming. So don't take it personally. :)

Thanks, trying not to take it personally. I guess I just don't like being accused of trying to scare people off! She actually wanted to do the thing despite only being in chapter one and able to do virtually none of the things required other than the most basic badges. I'm happy she decided to leave. We don't need the drama!