• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Top 5 Ancient Wonders

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I think this discussion is somewhat artificial due to the limit of 5 AWs.
Absolutely. Also artificial is someone like me in later chapters answering with AW's that you don't even get access to until Ch14, lol! It might be a more insightful exercise to list top 5 based on where cities are in the research tree; say: top five for 'finished with Orcs', top five for 'finished with S&D, etc.

i8sh

1. Simia
2. Needles
3. Monastery
4. Shrooms
5. DA

Extra's: FA and VS and Toads

Note: I have a military city and AW choice/preference has now changed to minimize the impact of increasing AW levels on tournament and spire performance.

Deleted User - 1178646

1. Timewarp
2. Timewarp
3. Timewarp
4. Timewarp
5. Timewarp

yeah it's a real real real real real shame they do unlock that wonder at such a late stage, it makes the game so much more fun. it should have been unlocked in chapter 4 or so not 14 or whatever the chapter is.

jesikrey

The Golden Abyss because I like the name
The Mountain Halls because I love roller coasters.
The Blooming Trader because it's a bee and I must have it.
The Prosperity Towers because I think the bee will like it.
The Dragon Abbey because I need more dragons in my city.

Hey! I'll meet you at your roller coaster! LOL

jesikrey

My (1)BTG was the one that as soon as I placed I upgraded as much as I could, I am focusing on it more now since I need the wholesaler offers to drop more due to Sentient goods....
My (2)Maze was a great addition due to the need for mana... I hated mana so much at first but now I have plenty to not complain about but the decay is a killer.... oh well.. need to work on that maze
(3)Same thing with Sunset Towers but instead of mana is for seed decay, the difference is that I love the look of that AW ( would so live there) and do not get me started on (4) Victory Springs I wanna go on vacation there!! I placed it late in game for the training speed and troop boost.

(5)Golden Abyss I keep around and update when I can because it was the first AW I place, is a sentimental thing lol

I always follow this rule when placing a AW, will it be beneficial for the space it requires or do I have another building from an event that will take less room and help out. It all depends, now that I am late in game (Ch 15) I see the benefits of having AW that help with troops because now I can actually have a squad that will not be defeated in Spire/Tourneys/Province Completion.

Can't wait to place timewrap!

Clusseau

MAN.. which 5??
So much depends on how you want to Play!!!

If i could Start with 5 x L31... might choose Needles/Fly/Vic spring... Simia... Sanctuary.
If i need or want goods... space... score.... gotta throw in Dragon, Abyss...Shroom...(Sanctuary)....

Best Advice, Just look at 1-2 rune levels- what will address CURRENT needs.
The only exception to this is Dragon vs Maze.... Put all KP to Dragon First....
Ok.. if Need = hammers... Do Alll KP to P-Tower before even thinking about excavation...

Some Later AW may become important.... but kind of need a stable City before adding/Exploiting them....
At a Late Stage... with many High Level AW... i may soon add and Level a Watchtower... (previously of no value)...

qaccy

Um....what do you do for seeds with zero bonus production?

Edit to add: hahaha, I just looked at your city, my apologies, I totally missed the sarcasm!
I actually wasn't even thinking about the seeds, but I was still being sarcastic! My post was in reference to the idea that since AW levels factor into scaling for tournaments and the Spire, you shouldn't build any of them since if there aren't any AW levels, they aren't increasing the difficulty of other parts of the game. :) Obviously the benefits of AWs are much worse than the penalty they bring to those two features!

DeletedUser3979

As someone who wants to become mainly a fighting city. What Aw's should I use, and what are musts? I have GA(I only just started ch3) and I don't want to build wonders that will be a waste.

ekarat

I actually wasn't even thinking about the seeds, but I was still being sarcastic! My post was in reference to the idea that since AW levels factor into scaling for tournaments and the Spire, you shouldn't build any of them since if there aren't any AW levels, they aren't increasing the difficulty of other parts of the game. :) Obviously the benefits of AWs are much worse than the penalty they bring to those two features!

I think people who say that don't notice that the penalty is 0.3% per AW level (additively). Your costs will double with 333 AW levels, but if even half of those levels are in military AWs, then I'm losing less than half the troops proportionately, so I gain more than the penalty.

Edit: I mean the AWs save more troop lives than the penalty costs me, since a much smaller percentage of my troops die.

aerondor

Well, I've just finished the final chapter.
My favorite is Dragon abbey - that on tap mana is fantastic. Need 2m mana, burn lots of those culture boosting spells. Oh and mage damage boost? What is not to like?
#2 is Temple of the toads. Free heavy missile and heavy missile damage bonus. Way To Go. That said, I am human, and I understand elves don't have such a nice heavy missile unit.
#3: Blooming Trader guild. The 40% bonus for portal production just means I spend less time worrying about goods in chapters. Especially with less guest races having capped goods, the production bonus is really, really helpful. And for capped goods, heck, all those Portal Profit spells come in handy if I need them.
#4: I'm currently really liking the Thermal Springs of Youth. In terms of space efficiency this saves a huge amount of ground as it makes my houses more efficient, and doesn't requite culture to support it. Heck, it even provides culture.
#5: questionable here, but I think I'll opt for the Pyramid of Purification. Free sentient goods is very handy. Especially in chapter XVII where your trader isn't making acorns for you any more

Elf Emma

Thx for all the responses! I loved reading everyone’s top 5 and reasoning. Very interesting insights and hoping for some more.