• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament based Ancient Wonder?

DeletedUser19418

I think it would be beneficial for older and new players if there was an Ancient Wonder that reduced catering cost during tournaments based on a player’s squad size. I have read that squad size does not seem to offer many advantages later in the game. Players would have the choice to avoid those optional squad size techs to save on goods and troops, but players that did invest in those optional squad sizes and an Ancient Wonder would benefit from even cheaper costs after enough of an investment. Obviously, this would be offered in later chapters, so players would have to make these choices early on unless they want to rebuild settlements. I felt this would be a good incentive for players to take those optional squad sizes if they were willing to invest in an Ancient Wonder too.

Optionally, this AW could also have a bonus of allowing squad advantage to tournament combat. The greater of AW and squad size levels the more troops can be added to each tournament combat.

Just an idea I have been pondering for a while.

DeletedUser9601

Its an interesting idea, but I'd rather they just solve the root problem of optional squad size techs impacting tourney performance. Since we only get 2 AWs per chapter (meaning 4 per year at best), to "spend" one of those AWs to fix this problem disappoints me.
Plus, I like to think that Inno likes to make every AW "great" but none are "mandatory." This AW would feel pretty mandatory for basically every end-game player (because everyone is doing tournaments).
Also, consider that if this is a later AW (meaning Ch 14 onward), some people might be playing 2+ years (slogging through all prior chapters) until they unlock this AW. That's a long time to have lived with the downside of the optional squad techs.
Anyways sorry to be all negative. It would be a good solution to an obvious problem that Inno has ignored for too long.