• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes - Community Feedback and Data

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Yes. So, if you delay picking up troops for 2 days (48hrs) & then feed the bear, you get the boost to all troops made over the past 2 days. Then you start with your steps and using timers.
Ooooooh riiiiight.
I missed that. But really, if they're using 2 months of timer instants does getting the bear bonus on an extra day or two of normal production boosted matter so much that using 20-30 extra expansions for armories beyond what is needed make sense?

Deleted User - 3932582

Ooooooh riiiiight.
I missed that. But really, if they're using 2 months of timer instants does getting the bear bonus on an extra day or two of normal production boosted matter so much that using 20-30 extra expansions for armories beyond what is needed make sense?
This used to be much more important when you could only produce in one military building at a time (but stacking production would work on all 3). This is still the case for time instant efficiency - even if your max production time is 1 day (and many people have much more than that), you're saving 3 days worth of time instants.

Shyama1

I'm curious: why?
Presumably the #1 player logs in at least once a day, so why have a queue greater than 24h long?

You got it right Kekune, samidodamage, CrazyWizard and MinMax Gamer.

There was a mistype, my training time is in fact 60+ hours. which means, by feeding my brown bears after training is completed, I am saving 180 hours worth of Time Instants.

Also, keep in mind I set this up before the tourney change, and it has proven to work very well.
In addition, besides the ranking, all those armories give me 90K of Sentient Goods every 12h, which is not neglectible.

Some may think my City setup is not appropriate, I would rather say my setup is good and the tourney change is a nonsense that broke years of efforts in building an efficient city.

Last edited:

edeba

That's it, game over, I quit, the final feedback about what I think of the tournament changes.

Deleted User - 3932582

#1, #2 and #3 players on Ceravyn have left the game. You can check for yourself how many more top 100 players have no FS assigned. The exodus of high level players continues; if anything, it accelerates. A lot of other players are hanging on simply because they've already invested so much time, energy and real money into the game - not because they're having fun.

Well, if you ever wanted a reason not to overcommit to an online game...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
#1, #2 and #3 players on Ceravyn have left the game. You can check for yourself how many more top 100 players have no FS assigned. The exodus of high level players continues; if anything, it accelerates. A lot of other players are hanging on simply because they've already invested so much time, energy and real money into the game - not because they're having fun.

Well, if you ever wanted a reason not to overcommit to an online game...

At least Inno converted to HTML5. Think of all the players still with Farmville when Zynga shut that game down completely when Flash ended, rather than converting it. That game launched in 2009, so anyone still with it had probably put in more money than any of these Elvenar players who are quitting. But then, every browser-based game will end eventually, and people playing them will have to decide if the time and money they invested were worth it or not when the time comes. Personally, I have more sympathy for the players who were lucky to have a spare $10 or $20 a month that they put into this game, rather than the whales who spent thousands on the game. They obviously have plenty to spare, so no big loss for them to quit and move on to the next flavor of the month game.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I miss farmville. That was fun. The biggest thing was that there they didn't change the core rules, they just added on different things that had new rules.... something that INNO might consider BEFORE they nerf things beyond all comprehension again.

Edited to add: The sad part of losing the high level players is that several of the ones that quit in Khel were also great traders. They would always pick up my pitiful trades and even would offer lopsided trades to help me out. They were also a great resource on advice.

SoggyShorts

They obviously have plenty to spare, so no big loss for them to quit and move on to the next flavor of the month game.
That's a bold assumption.
Watch some youtube videos of interviews with these whales. Often the game is the only thing they have going for them, and their entire discretionary budget is spent on one game.
Try not to judge others whom you know nothing about.

edeba

That's a bold assumption.
Watch some youtube videos of interviews with these whales. Often the game is the only thing they have going for them, and their entire discretionary budget is spent on one game.
Try not to judge others whom you know nothing about.
Just checking for comments. That was an incredibly bold and really not taking into consideration every purchase is money that could be spent elsewhere. I know one that we lost last month was living in a place where he had room, but the bathroom was shared and he was dumping what he had left after his bills into the game. He started playing after me, and had maximum expansions, but he didn't have the money to upgrade his computer so it would load properly and there was a lot of frustrating comments in the month before quitting about having to reload, extreme waits to do the simplest of things.

I spent money because I viewed it as part of my entertainment budget. I don't spend money on cable or other entertainment services you have in your home.

But, I also viewed my purchases as game enhancement and game improvement, and I would not have gotten all those expansions with how they trashed the value of them and to the point that they hurt your game.

I would encourage student in computer science and that programming was a great career and everyone deserves to get paid, and their pay comes out of the money we spend on the game. At the same time, the management over changes and the taking away the game pleasure and making it so it isn't fun, it is just frustrating, and not responding to overwhelming valid complaints and concerns. If I ever had a student treat another the way Inno has treated the players, there would be consequences and as workers, I'd have no problems replacing the team. But, there also has to be problems with upper management oversight to have allowed such a level of dissatisfaction..

Shyama1

I quit playing.
That was a difficult decision, but not an impulsive one, as I gave myself two months before taking a final decision. Time has come and I haven't changed my mind.

This week I had fun like I didn't have for the past months, by completing all my Gems provinces in the tournament for a score of 22K+ and #1 rank
MinMax Gamer said:
#1, #2 and #3 players on Ceravyn have left the game. You can check for yourself how many more top 100 players have no FS assigned
Actually 15 of the top 100 players left. That's sad.

However, I remain available on this topic, if it can help Inno fix a great game that is actually completely broken.

Ceravyn.png

Last edited:

edeba

I quit playing.
That was a difficult decision, but not an impulsive one, as I gave myself two months before taking a final decision. Time has come and I haven't changed my mind.

This week I had fun like I didn't have for the past months, by completing all my Gems provinces in the tournament for a score of 22K+ and #1 rank

Actually 15 of the top 100 players left. That's sad.

However, I remain available on this topic, if it can help Inno fix a great game that is actually completely broken.

Ceravyn.png
I had been thinking about quitting all through the second round of the new tournament as well, but I didn't think to play out my resources to see how far I'd go. I got as much satisfaction out of the new tournament as I would have if they'd just shut the game down, but with less aggravation.

There is a complete lack of ability to appreciate the failing of games that had people attacking each other was that people don't like to have their resources wiped out, and I know somewhere in the comments a few years back I did comment that the use of a computer enemy was brilliant, but they put the balance back to totally wiping out your resource and just making it NOT fun and instead when you work to build up surplus resources, now you don't keep up and your game is slowly imploding. To me, the old tournament made the game because of key design features that over the years increase game participation and retention. The new tournament destroyed those key design features and so top 3 players gone is no surprise.

dikke ikke

i am one of those lucky players that was not yet that far in upgrading my AW's, i never had 80+ provinces to complete, more like 60+ which i completed only a couple of times before the tournament change came. At the moment i get better scores in tournament as before. I can understand that for players who have a lot or all AW's near or above level 30 it is a blow, but as long time players it is not the first one you took. Evaluate your AW's, see which ones you can miss, i also have to do that.

SoggyShorts

I can understand that for players who have a lot or all AW's near or above level 30 it is a blow, but as long time players it is not the first one you took.
The wonders and expansions part of the formula can be dealt with, those are not the main issue.(although they ARE deeply flawed)
The #1 problem is that doing research is bad.
In the old tournament completing an optional SS tech hurt you, now every single tech hurts you, and the ones after 3-star frog are nowhere near worth it.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
The wonders and expansions part of the formula can be dealt with, those are not the main issue.(although they ARE deeply flawed)
The #1 problem is that doing research is bad.
In the old tournament completing an optional SS tech hurt you, now every single tech hurts you, and the ones after 3-star frog are nowhere near worth it.
main issue is that the formula is exponential. and nothing else in the game "grows" exponential.
This means that the longer this formula exists the more it runs out of control.

It also does not help that it is multuplied with expansions and wonders instead of added. this blows up that part even more.

1x1x1=1
1x2x2=4
You see a small change once multiplied twice doesn't make a difference, it makes a huge difference.

SoggyShorts

main issue is that the formula is exponential. and nothing else in the game "grows" exponential.
This means that the longer this formula exists the more it runs out of control.

It also does not help that it is multuplied with expansions and wonders instead of added. this blows up that part even more.

1x1x1=1
1x2x2=4
You see a small change once multiplied twice doesn't make a difference, it makes a huge difference.
Yup, and of those
you can choose not to add levels to bad wonders (kinda lame)
you can choose not to buy/push for more expansions (significantly lame) and
you can choose not to make any more chapter progress (super lame)

The whole thing sucks...exponentially.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I remember seeing a graph of the effects of various variables. I can't find it now. I was looking because I'm puttering through chapter 17 and this was the 2nd week that I have no doubt the tournament has gotten harder. I am beyond frustrated! It seems like anything I do may make the tournament harder. I have my comfortable level that I was doing since the change but now same level & same troops and I am running very short on troops. This whole situation is so ridiculous and so outright mean to players like me that I do not understand what Inno's goal is. Are they really trying to push long-term players out of the game?

Last edited:

Torcuato

Hello and thank you for starting this post.
I have been playing for about 6 months, so after the tournament changes and I can't compare. I think I can add a view from a medium level player. I like the game mainly for tournament. My main concern has already been brought up. Should I continue researching, expanding and placing AW (that do not add directly to tournament)?
If I'm wondering this, I think it points to a problem. I'm not at Ch. 17, but 7, not even half way of research. I should feel encouraged to research and grow, but I don't since they make every fight more difficult. Right now I'm facing research for non-boosted factories, useless culture and mandatory expansion in order to continue researching. None of this adds to my fighting power, but the enemy's. However, if I stop growing, how long will last my interest in the game?
I guess the view is different if you see the game as a city building, like some people might.
I hope my view help. Thank you

abira leffingwell

If I don't have a Dwarven Amory up I don't get far, and that's with my MM at level 28. I don't have the time to play the long battle method, and I play one phone anyway. I can battle up to 6 stars thru level 10, then it's iffy. I've learned if there's more than two types of troops involved just to cater. The more mixed the troops the harder you get hit.

On the other hand. I think the first 10 levels are good for just about anyone battle wise. Almost anyone should be able to go 6 on the first 6 provinces if they can make the schedule. It's an easy 1500 points.