• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes - Community Feedback and Data

Yogi Dave

On the other hand. I think the first 10 levels are good for just about anyone battle wise.
In provs 1 through 5 the enemy brings 1 star troops.
In provs 6 through 10 they bring 2 star troops.
In provs 11 and above they bring 3 star troops.
Round number doesn't affect this. This is the main reason in my opinion for the jump in difficult at prov 11. The difficult factor (ratio of their troops to your troops) hasn't really kicked yet. In prov 10, round 1 is 5% below what it was in round 3 in the old format. In round 5 it's 2% below that of round 4. Of course, the difficulty factor is less for the provs lower than 10. So, that additional twist in the new format is also not too bad.

Kekune

I just randomly saw this thread hanging here. I'd nearly forgotten about it, and decided to check in. I appreciate the spirit in which it was started and thought it a good step towards an actual dialogue, but it's discouraging that it's languished like this. It is now 5 months old. That's 5 months of feedback (more like 6-8, if you go back to the Beta rollout), without any formal response. I doubt anything else we can say is adding value at this point, so it's a shame that Inno hasn't chosen to comment. I had hoped this thread would lead to *something* helpful, even if that was simply a response from Inno. Silence says a lot.

Hob-nob

I hate, hate, hate the new (not so new now) tournament system. For the very first time I am seriously considering quiting the game.

I don't mind a challenge but when you make a part of the game almost un-playable for a portion of players how is that fair?

I keep doing my 20 providences per week hoping something will change because I refuse to tear down a city I spent years building up.

Count me out of any future chapters. Wonder how long my interest will hold now.

Deleted User - 1178646

current and comming chapter (18) raise production by 16% (only 5% next chapter!!!)
At the same tournament losses are raised by over 50% counted from the end of chapter 16 vs end of chapter 18

They really really really seem to be bound to remove the ability of players beyond chapter 15 to be able to play the tournaments.
Those new 4* units are not enough of a jump to counteract anything of the above.

It's more a 1* to 2* change than a 2* to 3* change which is a mayor jump.

Those improvements work as long as you can oppose your unit vs your favorite enemy, but since the tournaments are now "randomised" you can hardly pitch your units vs your favorite enemies. due to the nature of randomised enemies you in most cases have to choose the unit you own with the least amount of weaknesses

For example if the enemy is 3 heavy melee 2 light range you can neither oppose thise enemy with mages (which favors killing heavy melee) nor with heavy range (which favors killing light range) because both units have a weakness vs the other part of the enemies.

So you need to choose a more neutral approach a unit that is good enough vs 1 and neutral vs the other. for example you choose your own light range units as they can easily dispatch those heavy melee and arent completerly whacked down my light range units.

The issue is that you now het improvements vs mages and heavy melee with your light ranged units.
Those heavy melee where never a source of losses as agains most of them you can easily stay out of there counterattack range and those you cant. you kill first. wo with or without improvements your losses where zero to little already. and agains those lets say opposing mistwalkers those extra stats have little effect as both of you are neutral to eachother.

So in the end those new units lets say elite archer II (4* archer) have near zero impact (some basic stat changes)
So that deficiency between 16% more units vs 50+% more losses can never be overcome. since we are already at the steep end of the exponential curve of the tournament formula it means each chapter added will increase losses a lot. with ~25% each chapter (and remember this works like interest so chapter over chapter / interest over interest)

So see they have dropped unit production improvements with more than 50% compared to last chapter is a very very troublesome foresight to anyone who likes the tournaments.
I can only interpetid as a signal to those as follows (please us @#%! pieces of $!@#% stop playing the game / tournaments, leave our platform now!, we hate you all!)

GlamDoll

They really really really seem to be bound to remove the ability of players beyond chapter 15 to be able to play the tournaments.
Thank you & good to know. I shall stop in this chapter. (I already stopped with my $$$, moons ago!).
I can only interpetid as a signal to those as follows (please us @#%! pieces of $!@#% stop playing the game / tournaments, leave our platform now!, we hate you all!)
They obviously no longer wish to make new content & want the game to whither & die. It is truly sad, the artist & animators seem to bee on board!

The carrot on the stick? Money seems to no longer be on the agenda!!!

@InnoGames Y'all are F'g up, you know that, right?

The Unbeliever

Thank you & good to know. I shall stop in this chapter. (I already stopped with my $$$, moons ago!).

They obviously no longer wish to make new content & want the game to whither & die. It is truly sad, the artist & animators seem to bee on board!

The carrot on the stick? Money seems to no longer be on the agenda!!!

@InnoGames Y'all are F'g up, you know that, right?
They obviously don't care, or else are simply too arrogant to admit they've fethed up.

The devs have openly admitted they don't even play the game at all, so I wouldn't expect them to lift a finger to fix the mess they've created here... let alone the same mess in the spire, or the whole scrolls situation.

It sucks because as much as I love their other game FoE, where I can play *my way*, I much prefer the art & look of Elvenar due to the whole fantasy theme. :(
FoE after the middle ages/colonial eras becomes quite fugly with the more modern/futuristic skins, with only the Japanese themed Virtual Future era offering some rather nice eye-candy. (...and of course, some event buildings are drop dead gorgeous too!;))

GlamDoll

The devs have openly admitted they don't even play the game at all,
wow :/ ...I am not often left speechless with my jaw on the floor, but this did it. :(
It sucks because as much as I love their other game FoE, where I can play *my way*, I much prefer the art & look of Elvenar due to the whole fantasy theme. :(
Yeah, I used to be able to pull that off here...now, if I do, I have to kiss most of the content good-bye. Stupid question here, I guess...

Why can't they do the same thing here then, if the devs don't even play this game ?...?

Seriously, what kinda BS nonsense is that anyway? NVM, think I am content at not understanding it.
with only the Japanese themed Virtual Future era offering some rather nice eye-candy. (...and of course, some event buildings are drop dead gorgeous too!;))
@.@ I will not start playing it, I will not. That sounds pretty neato! :)

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Not a chance I want to play FoE. I won't play anything player vs player. My husband & I both started FoE and probably would still play it if it wasn't for finding out it is player vs player. Considering that I don't even want to manually battle in the Tournament in this game and I resent what they have done with punishing changes, I will probably avoid starting any Inno games now that I know their apparent disregard for long-term players.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I kinda wish they used the FoE manual fight engine though. SOoOooOoOOooo much faster. If not, just give Elvenar like 5 more Fast Forward Speeds. There's already existing code for 3. It's not hard to implement.

The Unbeliever

Not a chance I want to play FoE. I won't play anything player vs player. My husband & I both started FoE and probably would still play it if it wasn't for finding out it is player vs player. Considering that I don't even want to manually battle in the Tournament in this game and I resent what they have done with punishing changes, I will probably avoid starting any Inno games now that I know their apparent disregard for long-term players.
Honestly the whole PvP thing is over blown, and they've even added recently a new AW that can block plundering altogether...

One thing I will say though that *IS* in Elvenar's favour... as horriawful as our auto fight AI is here, it's still leagues better than the pile of donkey gak that FoE came up with!lol.
Heard waaaaaaay too many horror stories about that one to try it out for myself, since atm I don't need to chain myself to the ungodly huge Alcatraz to generate 100's of Rogues/week to make up for the AI stupidly ruining what *should* be auto wins. :p

shimmerfly

Just thought I would post this again so it woudn't get lost. It pretty much says it all.
I just randomly saw this thread hanging here. I'd nearly forgotten about it, and decided to check in. I appreciate the spirit in which it was started and thought it a good step towards an actual dialogue, but it's discouraging that it's languished like this. It is now 5 months old. That's 5 months of feedback (more like 6-8, if you go back to the Beta rollout), without any formal response. I doubt anything else we can say is adding value at this point, so it's a shame that Inno hasn't chosen to comment. I had hoped this thread would lead to *something* helpful, even if that was simply a response from Inno. Silence says a lot.