• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I did 20520 and I'll do it next week too
with +250% HP boost and +250% light ranged and mage damage boost,
That doesn't sound sustainable. I check my MA at least half of the time, almost always 3/4 or 4/4 and I sustainably use 1 of each every 2 weeks.
5 of each sounds very expensive.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
That doesn't sound sustainable. I check my MA at least half of the time, almost always 3/4 or 4/4 and I sustainably use 1 of each every 2 weeks.

I run 150% HP and 240$ mage and light range each week. (2 weeks of tournament per set of 150/240/240

But when we look at elvenstats we see plenty of weeks where he gets a 1-4K score, so he can pile up squads and boosters during that time and deploy them in a few weeks where he pushes to insanity.

Thats why making any claim in any shape or form from the results of a blue monday power play make any sense.
Even the dumbest monkey can save recources for multiple weeks and then get a massive result by unleashing all those resources in that 1 week. it would be a bad thing if a one time powerpush would not beat a "normal" tournament player.

Also not counted is the massive unit loss required for a 20520 tournament, (tho manual play can mitiligate much of it in marble tournament, much less in steel, but I see him do the same in silk+elixer, where you cannot mitiligate it anywhere resonable)
I have monitored my losses so many times now, the first 30 provinces you are like, that wasn't much losses, then the next 5 it increases and the next 5 it gets even more and once you get past 40 it kinda snowballs. you will often see losses of 500 squads or more for 5-10 provinces.

Here we talk about 76 provinces, the losses for the last 10, provincies are most likely in the 1000-2000 squads range if not more.
So there is no way you can sustain that without putting in more than you can every remake in a single week. (or 2)

Last edited:

ET-inf3rno

I don't think so either. I can collect that many damage boosters in 3 weeks and use them for 2 consecutive weeks. The HP boost is not a problem though, so if I am lucky with damage boost or start to use diamonds to get more damage boosters, then I can do it.
As of the troops I lost around half of my archers in this 20k tournament. I used the time boosters I collected in the last 3 weeks and restored the entire thing. So time boosters are on the verge too. Doing 15k each week is pretty easy compared to doing 20k. Now I am working on my nt, fa, vs, mm. I think upgrading those to level 35 will give more than the increased squad size takes. I'll place valorian valor and such buildings again, maybe a few extra units will help too.

ET-inf3rno

I run 150% HP and 240$ mage and light range each week. (2 weeks of tournament per set of 150/240/240

But when we look at elvenstats we see plenty of weeks where he gets a 1-4K score, so he can pile up squads and boosters during that time and deploy them in a few weeks where he pushes to insanity.

Thats why making any claim in any shape or form from the results of a blue monday power play make any sense.
Even the dumbest monkey can save recources for multiple weeks and then get a massive result by unleashing all those resources in that 1 week. it would be a bad thing if a one time powerpush would not beat a "normal" tournament player.

Also not counted is the massive unit loss required for a 20520 tournament, (tho manual play can mitiligate much of it in marble tournament, much less in steel, but I see him do the same in silk+elixer, where you cannot mitiligate it anywhere resonable)
I have monitored my losses so many times now, the first 30 provinces you are like, that wasn't much losses, then the next 5 it increases and the next 5 it gets even more and once you get past 40 it kinda snowballs. you will often see losses of 500 squads or more for 5-10 provinces.

Here we talk about 76 provinces, the losses for the last 10, provincies are most likely in the 1000-2000 squads range if not more.
So there is no way you can sustain that without putting in more than you can every remake in a single week. (or 2)
With my current squad size the losses were around 750 squads on the entire tournament. Currently this is what I have, it is almost the same as I started with:
squads.png

I collected a lot of units before the 18900 tournaments and I thought that I will spend all of them, but I barely lost any before I realized that I have only 70 provinces. I used all of my damage boosters on that tournament, now I used only what I collected in the last 3 weeks.

ET-inf3rno

I did 20k on steel too and I have to say that you are right. This time I lost a lot more squads than on marble. I did not play many manual though, because I wanted to finish it before my booster buildings expire. What really makes this hard that in the new tournament my archers are very weak compared to the old ones and this tournament needed mostly light ranged. I placed only 3 ELRs previously, I had to use diamonds to get a 4th one, which did not make a big difference. I needed 2-3 more ELRs and some more health boosters. I had the health boosters, but I rather kept them for the FA.
Another issue I already noticed that heavy ranged are almost completely useless after province 50. They barely damage anything. What I normally do is supporting my light ranged or mage units with frogs, but here the more frogs I add, the more units I lose on auto. On manual I still use frog to reduce the damage hellhound is causing, but even with 3 frogs I cannot kill a single hellhound, which is ridiculous. I'll upgrade my TT, maybe that gives some extra damage.

squads2.png

As of the 30-40k, I still think it was possible when I did 2x18900, because I placed 2.5x as many health and damage boosters for those tournaments, and the enemy barely scratched my units. Another thing, that those tournaments were a lot better for mages, so I was able to almost completely avoid damage with 5 blossoms or 5 banshees. Here the archers always ran forward and got damaged and when I used mages they were damaged by enemy mages too. After I used up my junk archer units and the sorceress became useless with 2-3 squad loss, I played mostly with 5 rangers and 5 blossoms. Both have low health, that's why I losed many of them. Usually 0-1.5 squads per tent. I used rarely 5 banshees, but they are not that great against enemy mages. Sometimes I used dryad too, because they have better health, which is good against enemy light ranged.
I lost 1400 squads total, which is almost twice as the 750 on marble. :S

I'll do around 20k again on the FA week.

kctanzen

Spending diamonds to cycle the crafting options to get desired battle huts / timers / supply instants could be a possibility as well.
Expensive (relative to one's disposable income and then choosing to use a portion of that income for entertainment), but I suppose "sustainable" if one chooses to go that direction.