• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I feel like releasing this change on the steel tournament is a factor as is the novelty.
It's possible that the reduction from 4 encounters to 1 will keep the numbers up, but I expect a little dip once the shine wears off.
But they did not release the tournament change on steel in live worlds. They released it last week on marble. Which actually makes sense, since marble is technically the first tournament of the cycle.

Risen Malchiah

They sent out their silly survey, which doesn't ask for any real feedback and can totally give the wrong feedback. They asked questions about playing games for enjoyment and relaxation, and that would be a reason, but they totally evaded about whether the game is actually doing that for you right now, or about what increases enjoyment and what decreases it.
Haha I filled out this ridiculous survey. I was also quite surprised that the survey had very little to do with Elvenar. And one of the questions asked what I liked most about the game and some of the possible choices were so stupid: "Trading Goods" and "Making Spells" were in the list. Haha I couldn't imagine anyone actually picking those as their primary reason for playing. :p

Deleted User - 4421675

ok, @ElegantCassandra ,
Me rude ??? OMG.... the forum is supposed to be players helping players, not players
denegrading and bully'n other players......for thier own personal ammusement !!!

I ask'd for a specific help, thats too much to ask around here, and I will NOT BE
chastized or denegraded by Soggy or anyone else.......

1 formula that supposedly is used for everything justy changed, I ask'd how that change
effected a specific part of the game. When infact supposedly the chg didn't effect it, I simply
ask'd for a couple of data points....

MinMax doesn't just have the formula listed, nor a traditional calculator....
But again, I guess this forum isn't about players helping players..... or long
before now someone wudda said, ohh Brin you don't go there.... hold on...
I can help ya, I'll get ya that info.....

How hard is that, obviously harder than ppl around here can do.... hahahahaha

I think someone hacked my account. I never made a comment here. I'm sorry for what ever it was that was said to you (the post was apparently deleted). But they were hiding behind someone else's account, mine. My next stop it to report this.

Iyapo1

I think someone hacked my account. I never made a comment here. I'm sorry for what ever it was that was said to you (the post was apparently deleted). But they were hiding behind someone else's account, mine. My next stop it to report this.
You were mis tagged by brindarby in the above post. Brindarby ment to reply to ElegantZara not to you.

You were not hacked, it was just a mistake.

Deleted User - 4421675

You were mis tagged by brindarby in the above post. Brindarby ment to reply to ElegantZara not to you.

You were not hacked, it was just a mistake.

OOOHHHHH... That makes a whole lot more sense. She was all over that post. Thanks for pointing that out.

Barklay

I think somebody in the office either drinks to much or wants everyone to move to some other game. The New changes should have never made it out of Beta I cant build troops fast enough and I cant make enough supplies hardly to make troops. Were still doing 10 plus chests but at great cost my primary group is ranked 4th in our world. My other group with less than a year player cant afford squat I like the spire better but the tourneys rot. So if you like to make people loose interest in your product stay on this path of destruction.

GlamDoll

So I have a question. At what point does it become detrimental to have wonder levels? In chapter 4 the space saved by my GA can be used for additional production. At my level the GA wonder levels are worth the added cost. When does it tip?

I do not know. Sorry. What I do know is that GA & MH are the 2 best Wonders in the game! If population is your goal...and the extra goods are a bonus.

Edit: Actually, lvl 30 is where to stop on GA...after that is lackluster. Yes, my GA is at 30. (See GlamDoll to confirm)...can't be bothered to start all over here with her as my name.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
But they did not release the tournament change on steel in live worlds. They released it last week on marble. Which actually makes sense, since marble is technically the first tournament of the cycle.
Man, I am just spaced lately. I've been trying to do my full tournament & spire on Friday/Saturday so I can use the same buffs&buildings for Tournament&spire again on Tuesday and Wednesday. Between that and being hurr-dee-durr I don't know what week it is.

GlamDoll

Oh Soggy c'mon...we now it's that huge transaction that you have your eyes on. Don't play coy with me. :p

Still waiting for your people to get with mine. I don't want to lose money on this deal, because it fell through the cracks.

`.~

Iamaita

So... first I am a new player. I started in June, and I am in dwarves. That means my perspective on the changes is quite different from most of the feedback here. Before I say anything about how the changes have impacted me and my fellowship, I would like to say that I agree with a lot of the sentiments expressed here. No player should have their ability to be successful in Any aspect of the game penalized merely for playing the game. That’s beyond backwards.

Now for my personal experience. It’s easier. I’m able to do more than before at lower costs in both troops and supplies. I like that. My Elcy fellowship is mostly lower level new players at chapter 5 or below. Our overall participation in the tournament is higher than it has ever been, we are getting 8 chests instead of 6, and people are excited because that 10th chest suddenly seems very achievable. It has been very good for the fellowship as a whole. If the goal was to help new players and spread the total points out a bit more across a fellowship, then I would consider this a success. (Disclaimer here - I am blessed to be in a fellowship with over 20 active daily players)

I just don’t understand why it was necessary to hurt more advanced players to make it easier for new players to contribute meaningfully to the total group rewards. The only remotely logical explanation I can come up with is that I have also read several complaints on the forum about high level players carrying their whole fellowship or skewing the tournament ranking system so newer players couldn’t compete. So maybe Inno was also trying to fix this “problem”? (For the record I don’t at all consider this to actually be a problem.) If that is the reason, then it seems irrational to let a few loud voices have such a disproportionate impact on the overall game design.

I can only hope that there will be some course corrections that maintain the easier difficulty for newer players while restoring the ability of more advanced players to do more. Why shouldn’t everyone just be able to do more? Why would that be a bad thing?

Edited to apologize for the length of this post... sheesh. I didn’t realize!

Iyapo1

The lower chapter players who are "benefitting" from these changes will never be able to farm tournament KP the way players could two weeks ago. The idea that this change was instituted to benifit low level players at the expense of high level players is imo missing the point of the change.

Yogi Dave

The changes eventually dead ends all players who continue to advance. In the chapters before woodelves and maybe dragons you can run out of provs you can reach in a tourney. So, I don't think the tourneys will slow players down until after those chapters when the cost in troops and goods restricts tourney progress. In fact it may speed up their progress to that point since they can probably actually fight/cater 5 stars for a lot of provs getting more regular KP for their techs and their FS will probably get more chests giving more AW KP for their AWs. It begins to hurt progress from then on and will really hurt when they reach chapter 16 with it's high KP cost of techs.

Edit: Cleaned up some English and hope I also expressed my thoughts clearer.

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The lower chapter players who are "benefitting" from these changes will never be able to farm tournament KP the way players could two weeks ago.
It eventually dead ends all players who continue to advance.
You both say that like it's a bad thing. Why does the game need a near-infinite source of KP? So far all it's done for us is result in boring chapters that require ludicrous amounts of KP and Ancient wonder levels that provide nothing useful.

Edit: I seem to have misinterpreted Yogi Dave's point earlier.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1178646

You both say that like it's a bad thing. Why does the game need a near-infinite source of KP? So far all it's done for us is result in boring chapters that require ludicrous amounts of KP and Ancient wonder levels that provide nothing useful.

Edit: I seem to have misinterpreted Yogi Dave's point earlier.

Off course this change was packaged as an "improvement" (epic fail)
But the real reason was off course to limit the amount of KP aquirable in the tournaments + bringing back competition to under "how many provinces do you have" levels.

But they should have just communicated that, they should have just explained we were getting way more KP than we were supposed to get, and it was a problem needed to be adressed. if you properly explain it, then people will not complain that they are getting less kp.

Communication seems to be the impossible thing from the elvenar team, they are simply incapable of doing a proper job in that regard.
You can run circles around the truth, but your playerbase arent a bunch of stupid idiots, so don't treat them as such.

This btw does not condone the serious "other" problems that this update created.

Iyapo1

But they should have just communicated that, they should have just explained we were getting way more KP than we were supposed to get, and it was a problem needed to be adressed. if you properly explain it, then people will not complain that they are getting less kp.
I do not agree with this. I dont think understanding the why would have any impact on the negative reaction.
You both say that like it's a bad thing. Why does the game need a near-infinite source of KP?
I did not mean to imply criticism of the change. I was simply pointing out that this change does not benifit small players at the expense of advanced players. This change permanently impacts all players.

Yogi Dave

I seem to have misinterpreted Yogi Dave's point earlier.
Gee, how could you misinterpret what I wrote with words left out of sentences and in general just messed up English. o_O Thanks for quoting me. It got me to look at my post. I'll go back and edit the English, hopefully wording it better. The line about eventually dead ending those who advance refers to the number of techs being used as an exponent in the calculation of squad size. Not even thinking about the many other aspects of the calculation, that factor eventually dominates all others. It's exactly the same as compound interest. The other factors merely exacerbate the calculation. 'Merely' is meant as with a bit of factiousness.

Yogi Dave

I don't think a near infinite source of KP is needed. I think the old system needed revising to take into account how other changes in the game brought about an explosion in the number of individual KP people were getting in tourneys. Had the only change only been 1 battle per prov, it would have just increased the amount of KP gotten since reducing the time needed to complete a prov means more provs and/or more rounds could be completed. However, as so many have pointed out, they went overboard in how they accomplished their goal.