• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

StarLoad

Except that Catering is a win-only play and it's all about the cost of catering. Link "To make Catering a more viable option and to bring it back on par with Battles, Catering costs have been lowered significantly. Costs per Province on comparative difficulty level was about halved in comparison to the old Tournament system " But at the same time they added in Mana and ORC's to the mix ...

Yogi Dave

While they say catering cost is 1/2 what it is today, given a difficulty factor, that is deceptive. Since difficulty goes up with each prov, the catering cost will go up due to both factors. I'm not sure about this next statement and hope I'll be quickly corrected if I'm wrong. Catering cost will go up with each prov as it did before times the difficult level. That being said, the difficulty starts as 12.6% in prov 1 instead of 85%, so just like fighting will be easy in the lower provs, catering will be cheaper, but will get much more expensive than before as you move to the higher provs.

EDIT: The catering cost is not affected by the difficulty level. The difficulty level only applies to fighting pointed out by @Pheryll in a later post.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10771

Im going into the new format marble tournament with an open mind, I normally go around 70 provinces in the marble, & will hold judgement until the last hour of the marble tourney next Saturday,
Will It still be possible to do 70 provinces, will I have enough troops, all unknowns & remains to be seen,. but I will have a good comparison against the 3 earlier marble tourneys this year ,. Lets hope it goes well
Good luck everyone,. *)

Risen Malchiah

I have written down the scores of my cities from this tournament since it is the last one under this format. Gonna put the paper in a drawer and hold onto it. I am curious to see how far in the future and how much I have to advance before I match these scores under the new format.
You can also look up your past tournament history on Elvenstats. Then over the next 9 weeks, you can compare results from the previous 9 weeks.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You can also look up your past tournament history on Elvenstats. Then over the next 9 weeks, you can compare results from the previous 9 weeks.
My 3 cities are currently in Woodelves, Orcs, and Orcs. I do believe that I can grow and develop them and will be able to surpass what I currently do in the tournament. Even though it will be harder to get high scores with the new format. But I also am pretty sure it will take more than 9 weeks to do so. That is why I want a written record. It does not expire. lol

BrinDarby

Ok, so catering cost is tied to SS and difficulty ??? yet in a tourn or reg province its once.
In Spire catering takes on a whole new meaning, given its tied into what should be changing
thru the tourn changes, how does this effect Spire catering ?

My costs increased last week just do to not being max'd out in boost @ 700%.... So what I'm
more asking is ... given the tourn format and calc for difficulty/SS, how does this now effect
Spire catering costs ?

Personally wanting to sell stuff to all of us, and stuff takes space, I thought the new system
would be unlinking space, yet seems it didn't. Because of the inane trade fee BS, you can't
even scout and expand your rings and place those earned expansions.... without making
everything harder.... not to mention bought expansions...... You already take the penalty
for ""very hard"" if you overscout, so then you get dbbl penalized by the formula also then
increasing in difficulty....

Will my Spire cater costs go up this week, or next week due to new tourn starting into the week ?
After it gets adjusted, can I get just ask... per each placed (earned ) expansion, what will cost go up ?

DeletedUser11660

every lvl ancient wonders is harder fight tournament. what is better with wonder, or without? (example the sanctuary troops health 30% ) bonus is better or bad for tournaments? how health bonus work? I don't find.

DeletedUser11660

I tournament fight for reward KP, but new tournament ease with less Wonders levels. I don't know, if I need Ancient Wonders. I will see: If new tourney does more negative to progresas, I end game.

Yogi Dave

Will my Spire cater costs go up this week, or next week due to new tourn starting into the week ?
The spire is not affected by the change in tourneys. Actually, the tourney will start using the same equation used by the spire. The only differences are the type goods requested (spire can request sentient goods), and the tourney requirements for prov 1, round 1 are very close to 1/5 the first spire cost. Cost increases week to week will change in lockstep with each other.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Ok, so catering cost is tied to SS and difficulty ???
The catering cost is proportional to the troops you send in. It is not based on the enemy multiplier, so the harder fights are better for catering than the easier ones. As for the underlying formula for the troops you send in, it is basically: Exponential function(research) * Linear function(city size) * Linear function(wonder levels).

Yogi Dave

Are the ElvenGems Tournament Tips still valid?
While the new style can have any of the 5 classes of troops, there will be more of the 3 classes used in a tourney for a specific good. GoK shows that info, so at least that part is helpful in which troops you may need more of. As for the rest of the info there, I don't think it will be as helpful until it is revamped.
The catering cost is proportional to the troops you send in. It is not based on the enemy multiplier, so the harder fights are better for catering than the easier ones.
Ah, so I was wrong in an earlier post of mine that said the catering cost was also dependent on the difficulty factor. Good to know and thanks for correcting me.

Deleted User - 1178646

Are the ElvenGems Tournament Tips still valid?
While the new style can have any of the 5 classes of troops, there will be more of the 3 classes used in a tourney for a specific good. GoK shows that info, so at least that part is helpful in which troops you may need more of. As for the rest of the info there, I don't think it will be as helpful until it is revamped.
Gok was never a good source, and due the new setup every tournament is in essence a mage, light range, heavy range tournament.
There is no real use anymore for heavy and light melee beyond some edge cases. this because the chances for you to encounter the correct enemies for these units that are already at a disadvantage is slim. in pretty much any case the other 3 units are "just better"

DeletedUser19458

Gok was never a good source, and due the new setup every tournament is in essence a mage, light range, heavy range tournament.
There is no real use anymore for heavy and light melee beyond some edge cases. this because the chances for you to encounter the correct enemies for these units that are already at a disadvantage is slim. in pretty much any case the other 3 units are "just better"
Sounds pretty much the same as how I play now anyways.

BrinDarby

The catering cost is proportional to the troops you send in.
Where ?????? it makes a difference, and what is that difference ?????

A tournament cater or a reg province cater... is different than a Spire cater....
and all (3) , I ""send in"" way different #s of troops.........