• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

DeletedUser6653

So, my apologies if this is right in my face and my scouring of the forum and google has failed to locate it.
but in addition to the changes to combat etc, there were supposed to be more chests. is there a chart/list/something to see what rewards there are after checkpoint 10?

definitely harder now, looking to see what the extra effort is worth.

Thanks

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
In my chapter 16 city I used auto-fight for the first 20 provinces with just a dwarven armorer and fire phoenix active. It went pretty well, with minor losses. The only provinces I looked at the catering costs for were provinces 20 and 21. 20 wanted 41k scrolls, 11k orcs and 85k mana, or a total of 137k between them, while 21 only wanted a total of 99k tier 2 and 3 goods. So orcs and mana must be weighted differently than the goods because I thought the total amount only went up as you progressed through the provinces.

HJK84

Well, haven't posted in a while.

This new formula (SS) has really messed up my gaming and the pleasure I used to have for this game.

I used to average 4k+. Today, I realized if I only auto-fight, I'll probably be able to clear to round 3, 15 provinces, with using Fire Phx (guessing here)
The SS of 1st round 10th province was 75% over mine.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into the math of it all. Just say a few words.

I enjoyed this game a ton, and invested in it. I feel like my investment has gone amok.
In the real world, it happens, "most" investments are gambles, they may work or not.
Here, a group of people decided to change the game, which IMO. has lead to ruining "long-time investors/gamers", but paving the road for new people.
This is exactly how most business' work. They offer sick, crazy, cheap deals to new comers and disregard their old loyal customers. I've been through this with a few companies in real life, which resulted in me outright leaving. 15+ years of sticking with 1 company.

I kind of feel the same way here, other than I've only be here a fraction of the time. So... ya, just my 2 cents. I was one of few who always had positive feedback, but not this time.

Good luck to all the old school players, hope you find a good balance with this.
Good luck to all the new players, keep in mind, you'll eventually be where we/I am. Inno will keep doing this, cause they can.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, haven't posted in a while.

This new formula (SS) has really messed up my gaming and the pleasure I used to have for this game.

I used to average 4k+. Today, I realized if I only auto-fight, I'll probably be able to clear to round 3, 15 provinces, with using Fire Phx (guessing here)
The SS of 1st round 10th province was 75% over mine.

You definitely were not looking at the numbers correctly. This new system has a set progression for enemy squad size versus ours and the enemy is not 75% greater than our squad til close to the 30th province, definitely not the 10th. In the first star of the 10th province, the enemy squads are only about 10% larger than our squads.

DeletedUser26692

So just to be clear..... The amount of troops that I bring to the tournament is now based on the following factors : both squad size upgrades, amount of expansions placed and ancient wonder levels? Where as before it was only based on squad size upgrades?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
So just to be clear..... The amount of troops that I bring to the tournament is now based on the following factors : both squad size upgrades, amount of expansions placed and ancient wonder levels? Where as before it was only based on squad size upgrades?
Relics, AW levels, expansions placed (premium less so), and mandatory techs

Inno's attempt at 2 steps forward, one step back...but they reversed it

StarLoad

Yes 10% at province 10 and 24% at province 13 and 48% at province 18 and that is supposed to be a comfort??

At province 10 I had only a 10% disadvantage in squad size but somehow my losses were 42% for that battle

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

Squad Size increases no longer count toward anything other than making world map fights easier. The only way the mandatory research ones count is as a research, not as an increase in squad size. All mandatory research affects your squad size the same, whether it is for main hall upgrades, culture buildings, squad size upgrades, etc.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Yes 10% at province 10 and 24% at province 13 and 48% at province 18 and that is supposed to be a comfort??

At province 10 I had only a 10% disadvantage in squad size but somehow my losses were 42% for that battle

Did you pay attention to the type of enemy squads you faced? With this new system there is a chance to get a fight where the enemy has all five different troop types.

DeletedUser19155

In the "old" system I got reach (with autofight level 55-60 consistently week after week. With "new" system, I cannot make it past level 35. I typically go only for 2 rounds per province to catch the 5 KP's. So this "improvement" will cost me 100-150 KP's / week. Very motivating....

qaccy

I typically don't use the boosters except in the traditionally harder tourneys (which marble has never been one) and I usually wait until my 2nd round to feed my phoenix. I have a feeling that will be changing now.

I use boosts regardless of the tournament, since unit losses are pretty much inevitable even in favorable matchups. Feeding the phoenix at the very least never goes to waste. Other stuff does depend on the week, but that's only because boosting archers won't really help me too much in something like a crystal tournament.

StarLoad

Did you pay attention to the type of enemy squads you faced? With this new system there is a chance to get a fight where the enemy has all five different troop types.
Yes, I did there were 3 types one was a Sword dancer two were Orc Generals and two were Connoneers and I attacked with 5 Blossom Mages. Normally that would be an easy victory with light losses. We shall see how today's battles go

Correction as I did battle today the Light melee was a Thief, not a Sword Dancer, my bad

Last edited:

hvariidh gwendrot

seems beta players are correct, it scales up pretty fast on rounds and provinces for troop loss and negotiation costs .. ceravyn i'll need to revamp city if i want it to be able to go deeper in to scores .. the rest, what ? don't add expansions or upgrade my wonders to avoid the problems ? and i'm leaving out all the spell and relics we wont be getting .. so far not a fan and the cascade of problems i can see from this is more than i wish to type at this time lol