• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

StarLoad

F
Funny how my little opinion made some people so defensive. Lol
Funny, no I am not defensive I am calling you out for your "name calling" "labeling of players" and tone of superiority that your way to play is right and everyone else's is faulty in some manner.
<----raises hand
Now Lyapo is defensive, but that's ok too, it is his style of play you took exception too

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
my little opinion made some people so defensive.
My hand's in the air with @Iyapo1 :D
But I also agree with this:
your "name calling" "labeling of players" and tone of superiority that your way to play is right and everyone else's is faulty in some manner.
And I find this statement:
When players get so focused on the optional parts of the game, and not on the core building part of the game, maybe the players have lost their way.
Arrogant and demeaning to those who don't play the way you think they should.

DeletedUser7738

Generally speaking, I enjoy change but these tournament changes have pushed me over disdain's edge. For the most part I am in agreement with the majority of folks responding in this thread: the new tournament sucks. I only shot the moon a couple of times (did all provinces in all rounds) but I can see that would be impossible with these changes. There is a new balance out there somewhere, but I don't think I have patience or desire to find it. Now, please, stop the personal, emotional lashes at each other, it serves no purpose & Inno isn't listening anyway.

Swankey Bob

Right now one of my issues is the lack of feedback from Innogames. Theres massive negative feedback to some aspects of the changes and players are quitting and selling their AW's. What was once a peaceful and relaxing environment now feels hostile and even in this thread you can see people attacking etchother. A simple acknowledgement that the feedback is being received could calm some peoples minds; while decisions on what to do next is made. The lack of any response from Inno gives the appearance of apathy although that is very likely not the case.

I can say that over the years I have played Inno has always been very considerate and friendly when I interacted with them. Given the community response I think its very likely some changes will be made and I dont feel its appropriate to attack the character of the developers before they have a chance to make things right.

GlamDoll

I think you've hit on a core problem with what they've done in terms of the degree to which they've tied tournament and spire difficulty to AW levels.

It would be interesting to know how they would stack up. As it is no secret here, math formulas are not my thing, but, I have already been on the fence about some of my AWs for a while now. With these new changes it is really tempting me to blast some of them out of my city. The amount of space I would get back would be considerable to me & I have pages of event buildings that I could drop instead...

I do not know how much more I would get in return if I were to do this. I do now I have pages & duplicates of even special buildings. So, mana, divine seeds and so on would rain down on me in a beautiful cascade of bliss.

And I find this a very strong lure for me. Province 20 2nd star wants 38,000 mana (among other goods) to cater it. I am all in on Spire & I thought the mana demands in there were high. (Of course, just like the marble tourny, I get to about province 10, before the enemy squad size is so high, that my troops have wooden swords)...

Right now one of my issues is the lack of feedback from Innogames.

Same, as well as them not listening to us...at least it certainly seems to be the case. Inno has made an offer to buy troops today...

@InnoGames Dear Inno, I can't fight enough provinces now to run out of troops & seeing that we recently got the update to train in all three military bldgs, I'm good. Oh, and FYI, I can't fight much in The Spire either. Thanks for the offer though, perhaps it's helpful to others.

Deleted User - 1528929

These changes punish players for progressing and they remove many choices and strategies which in my opinion were the bedrock of why this game was so much fun. So, growth and strategy nerfed? How is this a logical business decision in a game where growth and strategy
are a couple of its best features?

Instead, seems Inno wants us to bypass any standard feature of their game design and just eat from the fruit of (purchase from the tree of) events and gambling in the spire. Where's the strategy and planning, remodeling and growing? There are brainless games out there that cost less in time and money if zoning out is what I'm after.

Remember when we would eagerly unlock culture tech in the tree to place some building offering an upgrade? Now I have event buildings in my storage from 3 events ago which still offer way more than any culture building in the tech tree, or craftable in the MA. And most of these buildings I wasn't even trying to get, they just amass as I'm opening chests to earn artifacts...Remember planning and working to get the rune shards to build or level up a certain AW? Now your best move may be to tear it down.

When a fantasy building game's best strategy is not to build...they have lost their way. No wonder players are packing it in. I'm still finding fun here and there and the fellowship aspect is great but it is obvious Inno just put an intentional expiration date on progressing. Since it will be a shame to let the game go when I hit that expiration, given how much time and real money I've invested over the years...I will certainly not be putting any more money toward it and would likely advise newer cities not to either.

If making endgame players blow chunks over an 'innovation' is one of Inno's design criteria, Inno's design team is exceeding all expectations.

I'm currently ranked 25th on my server, have played 3.5 years or so, and am about ready to take this game and shove it after this last huge nerf for endgame players.

There's no incentive left to keep on playing since the more you improve your city the less reward you get, the less KP you earn per tourney for a given amount of in game cost, the longer it takes to research upcoming chapters, the harder and more expensive you make it for yourself upgrading the wonders which once was the main goal I had as an endgame player.

Thanks, design team, for making me strongly consider leaving the ranks of active players with this horrible, ill thought out tournament change.

DeletedUser7738

I'm sure these "new member" responses are established players who right now what to remain anonymous, that's okay with me. Under the old tournament system I could rely on certain tourneys to be more relaxing, or use a good cross section of my troops (except LM which never got any love from Inno) or be challenging enough to want to beat the AI. But overall I had time to plan, buildup & prepare. Under the new system, it's going to take time to figure things out. A lot of good info here in the forums, but you have to wade through all the whining & kerfuffle to get to the good stuff. Esp enjoy MinMax's efforts on his website.

I'm going to wait it out through (wade through) a few more tournaments, before I commit any more time & money to Elvenar. That threshold between love & hate, joy & misery has been crossed.

Deleted User - 1528929

I'm sure these "new member" responses are established players who right now what to remain anonymous, that's okay with me. Under the old tournament system I could rely on certain tourneys to be more relaxing, or use a good cross section of my troops (except LM which never got any love from Inno) or be challenging enough to want to beat the AI. But overall I had time to plan, buildup & prepare. Under the new system, it's going to take time to figure things out. A lot of good info here in the forums, but you have to wade through all the whining & kerfuffle to get to the good stuff. Esp enjoy MinMax's efforts on his website.

I'm going to wait it out through (wade through) a few more tournaments, before I commit any more time & money to Elvenar. That threshold between love & hate, joy & misery has been crossed.

Until there is a huge change to the new tourney made which stops penalizing a person for improving the city built, there won't be another penny spent by me on this, assuming I even decide not to quit. That's strongly under consideration now.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Well, I am proudly raising my hand and calling myself A FRINGER. I picked this game to play because of the artistic buildings and how pretty things could be. I look at my cities and realize that pretty is secondary to streamlined efficiency (which I haven't obtained) in order to play the tournaments and spire. I have made one decision... I will be taking a tech break in between chapters and spinning my wheels to build resources and max out certain upgrades. I don't like that my boosts have to stop at upgrade 23 because I lose the 24/48hr production options. To add production options is one thing, but to obliterate them.... is irritating. So, in order to make my fringey little self happy, I shall focus on the things that I like about this game... which is the city design. I will go back to that, losing thousands of ranking points as I delete and destroy, but I will get past the nerfy Armageddon and just like I did when they nerfed my beloved crystal lighthouse, will adapt and move on.

Deleted User - 1528929

Relics, AW levels, expansions placed (premium less so), and mandatory techs

Inno's attempt at 2 steps forward, one step back...but they reversed it
I have around 75K relics currently, how much do those increase my tourney difficulty and How besides crafting can I get rid of most of 'em?

GlamDoll

I shall focus on the things that I like about this game... which is the city design. I will go back to that, losing thousands of ranking points as I delete and destroy, but I will get past the nerfy Armageddon and just like I did when they nerfed my beloved crystal lighthouse, will adapt and move on.

I probs should have quoted your whole comment, truth be told...

I too, am considering such a thing, but I am relatively new in my FS & I am not sure if all the kp's they have generously sent my way, would cause a rift or not. (I am, or have been, on shaky ground already...

However, if not for that, I think I could city un-build about 3-5 AWs with relative ease. I am half tempted to do an ingame email to the FS, to try & get a vibe test done. I like challenges & adapting, but this is something else. I really am having a go with this.

Events are one thing, because I have many Event buildings I can RR...

But, this is something else. I just recently had the joy & privilege to do the tournaments & now I have to decide whether or not to blow my reserves in goods on tournys or Spire.

I always wondered why top players had factories for days. I still wonder, but now I know why I want factories for days, if I want to continue enjoying the content in this game. Needless to say, I agree with you & it is more likely that as soon as I wipe out those AWs in question for me, a 'hotfix' will be incoming...

What a mess.

Such a lovely game & such a shame.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I only deleted one AW... Enar's Embassy. I didn't need the rune pieces that it gave.... it annoyed me that I rarely could collect any of them. I will delete the actual builds, residences and my factories, workshops ... and move stuff around that way... I need open space . I know everyone says to use EA... but I have trouble with it.