• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

DeletedUser19458

It certainly seems to be the case. Thankfully, I was turned on to EveOnline & I am logging my city 1-2 times a day now....

AND, every time I login to do that, I have the ever burning question of why?
I think I'm with you here. Taking a page from @SoggyShorts and going on hiatus for awhile ... tried to make it work but game just isn't as fun and seems much more "work" then "pleasure" than it used to be for me. Everything is a fight to try and enjoy it and I have ZERO motivation to grow my city with Chap 17, which to this point has been pretty fun to accomplish. I had a few random idea's to try and stretch this out ... but .. meh.

I think I need a computer I own to install Eve and try it out ;) Maybe it is a game where growing and advancement are not at odds with each other.

I kind of wonder how conversations are going between the developers and the suits right now.

I think I am going to have to walk away soon as well.
Frankly I am disappointed at the low level of response to Nightguest new tread asking for feedback.

On a side note I notice, at least on my server that no one is rushing through Chapter 17. By now I would have expected at least one person to finish the chapter, maybe this in itself can be the feedback to the developer. The fact that no one is willing to spend money to rush Chapter 17.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Frankly I am disappointed at the low level of response to Nightguest new tread asking for feedback.

Don't you know this is the internet? Even here, the ratio of constructive complaints to ranting and whining is probably 1 in 100. lol

Plus some people probably already gave their feedback in the original thread and have not bothered to come back to the forum since.

Deleted User - 1599294

I haven't replied in that thread as quite a few people have already detailed an experience that matches mine. They are well-stated responses. I was under the impression that @Nightguest was looking for clarity of the issues to be presented to the developers, not quantity. If I am wrong, I will happily place my ditto in that response thread.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This is something I think I asked about once before, but I don't think anyone said anything. I was paying more attention in the tournament this week and in addition to all the other changes done, unless I am remembering wrong, they reduced the level of the troops in the first 10 provinces. I was still fighting 2-star enemy troops in the 6th star of the 10th province. No way in the old system was that true, as I am sure I remember seeing 3-star enemies much earlier than that. I can't remember if this was mentioned on the Beta forum either. So basically another way to help players not going deep in the tournament.

edeba

1604192878840.png

On my server the tournament has really made some people fed up.

Clusseau

I don't know if it is hard to move on because of the money spent or because still hoping they fix it... But the whole thing makes me feel weary and no "oh goodie, tournament has started..."

Ditto That. I dont understand what some are suggesting. We can Sell some of our Precious AW, crap out our cities (and our score), in the hope of regaining a competitive tournament status?
Then we can use our tournament KP for anything we want, as long as its not AW or Research?

Even making adjustments apart from that- Just continue to play the "new" game As-is, Most battles arent fun!!
They are tests; not to win, but to struggle over in attempts to escape them without taking a hit!
And, I used to really enjoy them.

And, if there were some way to make these necessary mental adjustments to the new game- and learn to enjoy it again-
Inno throws yet another Kick my way.... Looking at tournament Scoring: -it seems rather like Inno has told me to go home, the pool is closed... and as i walk away disappointed, I still hear on the other side of the fence music, laughing and splashing... (WTF?!)

Just for reference, Im speaking as a player who was averaging 19k,
Now (apart from Marble/Steel), need big increase of Troops/Time/Bonuses to reach 5K.

Clusseau

So, it seems people have run out of things to say.
So many suggestions, so much analysis.

And here we are- Inno has put us ALL on an Upward Conveyor, that drops into a Wood Chipper....
Those at the bottom are Delighted by their Advancing speed, and Upward Progress....
Some nearer the middle are also pleased, but wondering where this is leading.

And of course, many at the top have already been dropped into the wood chipper.

As one who has been dropped HARD, into the wood chipper...
And Perhaps speaking for a few who are nearing the peak of this conveyor, and are wondering about their path ahead;
Is Inno WORKING on this? Do they Acknowledge the Problem in any Way??

Im Seriously Asking- (Mods??)...
For Many, "Play On" is not a serious option.....and soon, for many more.
But, "Play On till they fix it" might be....

WHERE ARE WE ON THIS??
Are we Still Screaming for attention, to say there is a PROBLEM?
Maybe they Know its not good... Maybe someone is working in their spare time to come up with suggestions???
Maybe they Know its not good... Maybe their most serious Number Crunchers are trying to come up with something Better, ASAP?

Sheeze... im trying to be patient. ...(Yes, This is a Long-term game for me)....
but it's just a game, not my career, not my RL Family...... (=need to know).

Swankey Bob

Im Seriously Asking- (Mods??)...
For Many, "Play On" is not a serious option.....and soon, for many more.
But, "Play On till they fix it" might be....
@Nightguest @helya
Im a really laid back person and from reading between the lines I really think there is some current struggle between suits with some erroneous business degrees and content creators with a bit of a hole dug from the game structure but I would genuinely like an answer to this question. Zero joke/power play I sent my FS Archmage a message last week asking how he felt would be the least destructive way for me to leave the team.

I think I am just done with this game for a while but I also think some communication on 'help is on the way' could bring players back later and prevent many who are on the edge from quitting.

I will also say these recent changes are not helping. Scaling cost right now was possibly the worst updates that could have come. I feel like the person making design choices is very detached from the community.

If your just left to ride out the public hostility while some very uncomfortable changes take place and cant answer just know that I feel for you. You guys did genuinely seem to care and I really do appreciate and feel that you did everything you could to help the community. I have a lot of respect for the communication you have provided and I hope that everyone understands you guys do not have the freedom to openly communicate.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
We know everyone is antsy for some sort of update, but at this time we do not have anything to share with you. We doubt we will have more information until one full tournament cycle of all of the provinces has been completed, at the earliest.

Pheryll

Set Designer
We know everyone is antsy for some sort of update, but at this time we do not have anything to share with you. We doubt we will have more information until one full tournament cycle of all of the provinces has been completed, at the earliest.
The City Advancement Level formula has been around since the spire began. I would appreciate some update on it, and whether the team has any plans to change its general form. Because it is now being applied to the tournament, many people are seeing its penalties affecting the majority of their troop/goods expenditure, and, because of the formula, they have decided to stunt their growth in one form or another.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
We doubt we will have more information until one full tournament cycle of all of the provinces has been completed, at the earliest.
Months of Beta testing plus "at least" 9 weeks?
It's sad that so soon after my return I have to bring this out again, but:

It's best to change a dirty diaper immediately and not spend so much time analyzing, discussing, and trying to come up with the best possible solution.

Has INNO even admitted there's an issue? I find it obscene that this was even pushed to Live servers. There have been plenty of questionable changes implemented by the developers over the years, but this one has by far cost me the most FS members (4 so far). I'm fairly certain it would be 2 more if I let them know that nothing will change for 2 months at the earliest if at all.

Alistaire

Captain's log, USS Elvenar- Arendyll (NCC-1701), 2020

We are being mercilessly attacked by a new type of player that caught us by surprise. Ever since the law of physics of this Universe has been upended, we are left stranded afloat wondering if these attacks will ever end. As Vets of Elvenar are being punished and weakened beyond repair, a new type of entropy is forcing us to watch these newcomers come in and dominate us by margins we could have never predicted. Well to be fair, there were a lot of valuable scientists that did predict this, but groups in command decided to ignore these wise people and opted to force restrictions on our civilizations in favor of others. Now we are being overrun by players that can get 17k in under a day. Will the nerf ever end as we watch command trade one set of players for another?

God Bless us all, our fates are unknown at this time.
ohhhh... good times.
:)
Oh hi there. I heard I was brought up in this thread and thought I'd check it out. Didn't think I'd have myself referred to as a "new type of player". I used to post here quite regularly, just haven't lately. Thought I'd clear up a few things here, this'll include my overall thoughts and responses to a few posts:

"17k in under a day" has nothing to do with the changes. Just lv 30 timewarp, lv 9 polar bear, and the desire to make the 5-day troop boost buildings cover 2 tourneys. Even before the polar bear you could do a whole tourney in about a day.

I'm not a stranger to the first page of tourney but I don't find a whole lot of value in it. Honestly the biggest reason for me pushing more now is that it takes less time to do so. I've gotten first page in the old system, it just takes more time than I want to devote to this game. The only positive change even with my setup is the 1 battle per province change. Well, adding small rewards for going past 10 chests is a bit of an incentive too, I guess.

That pic of my city, yeah it's highly efficient, there's a few wonders I just don't need because of things like the mermaid's paradises etc. I did get rid of a few wonders (about 40 levels worth) in response to the change but they were all things I was considering ditching anyway. I guess there was an implication my layout was eye-rolling somehow but I didn't get it. :) Maybe the massive amount of orc strategist/vv buildings but those are both a lot less useful than they used to be now that we produce nearly 3x the troops naturally. I'm already in the process of ditching a lot of those orc buildings as I move thru ch 15.

I'm all on board with you guys saying these changes suck. Have been chatting with Meggi and a few other players on discord about it. Also if it changes anything you can go ahead and post anything about my town or tourney scores you feel is relevant. I wouldn't agree with there being a rule against that (not that I make the rules) as long as you stick to factual public information. Nothing I read seems like it's breached that.

I'll probably keep pushing those scores but again, mainly due to it taking a whole lot less time to do now. I hope a lot gets reverted; generally speaking the further along in a game you are the more you should be able to do, not less. But there's nothing in the difficulty changes that made this better for me like anyone else would want to try to emulate that to get farther. Just a simple "guy who could do top scores (and has) now does them more cause they don't take as much mouse clicking."

edit: oh, make that 2 positive changes: making those optional squad size techs not a trap should've been done a long time ago.
2nd edit: I don't think anything was explicitly directed at me but there were several mentions of catering, and manual fighting. I've been auto-fighting everything, very rarely catering only in response to a loss or an expected loss.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Months of Beta testing plus "at least" 9 weeks?

Yep, a full cycle on Beta, so nine weeks there, six of which, I think, the EN servers got also. And then a full cycle on all Live servers, so 18 weeks total will pass before they decide anything more. Or at least tell us anything more. But I am sure the folks in charge have already made all the decisions they intend to. We may see a few more cosmetic tweaks or another slight reduction in enemy squad percentages, but something major? lol

Alistaire

but something major? lol
Still could be. All comes down to $$, right? 9 weeks is enough to see if people are quitting, spending less etc. If nobody likes these changes it wouldn't make sense to keep them. On the other hand if people say they don't like them but stick with the game and spend more money then they didn't dislike them enough for it to matter. :)

hvariidh gwendrot

i've seen people quit about this new system and i stopped spending money and others as well (so they say i'm not checking bank statements) but i'm not going to abandon the fellowship or my cities when i can play free and adjust game play, but as long as expansions are counted against players i wont and as far as i know nobody i play with will spend anything on this game

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Whatever they do or do not do, I am not letting it control how I play my game. I am still doing chapter 17 and I am still leveling AWs. And when the next expansion sale pops up in a few days, I have enough (mostly) free diamonds to get two more expansions. And when the next 100% bonus diamond sale pops up, I will probably spend the minimum $5.

But I am starting to think I am in a good, middle of the road, spot with my city. It is not so underdeveloped that everything tournament is super easy, nor is it so advanced/maxed on expansions and AWs that the changes hurt.

I can put out just 2 UUUs or a DA and feed my firebird and auto-fight for 5k points each week. I don't even feed my brown bear any more.