• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Clusseau

I can put out just 2 UUUs or a DA and feed my firebird and auto-fight for 5k points each week. I don't even feed my brown bear any more.

Ive spent 4-7 buffs per week, and feed Two Bears about every 2 days...
Also, Hundreds of hours of Time/hammer instants, and huge hours on hand battle... per week... to get 5K.
if you continue to advance, this is where youre headed.

Still could be. All comes down to $$, right? 9 weeks is enough to see if people are quitting, spending less etc. If nobody likes these changes it wouldn't make sense to keep them. On the other hand if people say they don't like them but stick with the game and spend more money then they didn't dislike them enough for it to matter. :)

Yes, all true. At the rate said, My warchest will carry me well past 9 weeks... (and getting 5K per week???)
Sticking around for 9 weeks may trick INNO into thinking im not Leaving??
But.. I'll Leave... whichever is sooner- when my Resources are Spent, Or when im tired of waiting...

Also, @Alistaire, it seems you understand- but maybe others dont? Regardless of your past Tournament Success... your city seems now to be a Model for Current Tournament. And, as you Said, you Sold off 40 levels of AW to continue balancing on that Pinnacle?
And if you Advance in any way, your tournament will Suffer. .. (such is Life at the Pinnacle.. no direction to Go?)

References to your city have been Simply That... youre at the pinnacle, with no place to Go. . Improve your City, tournament will suffer. To Continue tournament success, your city must not improve. (= what goals do you have for Further Play?)

We know everyone is antsy for some sort of update, but at this time we do not have anything to share with you. We doubt we will have more information until one full tournament cycle of all of the provinces has been completed, at the earliest.
I am going to read between the lines and say the developers are checking to see how many will quit before any changes are implemented.

Edit: I have decided to stick around but as a FTP player. I am not advancing but I am in the process of tearing down AW's
Edit 2: The Witches Hut was the first event building worth spending money on since the three bears. I resist the temptation to buy multiple copies so maybe I should be thankful to the developers from breaking my spending habits.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am going to read between the lines and say the developers are checking to see how many will quit before any changes are implemented.

We need to be more specific and cynical than that. How many paying players quit, since they do not care (enough) about the people who don't help pay their salaries.

Clusseau

A lot of companies retain their "Over 50" employees... simply to preserve "Institutional Memory".
Some have done Huge buy-outs, to get rid of them... and their institutions suffer for it...

Inno is Really putting the Screws to Advanced/Older players... not caring if they leave.
Younger players spend more.. and are more valuable?
Younger players also Look ahead- and They Note- how Older players are treated...

Younger Players will no longer look at Various end-game status as a goal... They will look toward Mid-game status, knowing that advancing past that is Time they could Spend on building something in another Game...

jesikrey

Soooo, from a lot of what I gather growing is not something that we can look forward to since it will harm you in tournaments.

Iyapo1

Soooo, from a lot of what I gather growing is not something that we can look forward to since it will harm you in tournaments.
Because of the changes you will never get a 20k score, just give up. In fact, some city builds cant get over 5k because the losses are too high.

For everyone else the tournaments seem to have become cheaper and easier.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Well, got a good start into chapter 17, got the trading center and all three flagships built. Had enough diamonds saved up to get two more premium expansions today. Placed those, the free one from scouting, and the first research expansion. And minimal AW increases. Now to see what the tournament looks like this week.

jesikrey

Because of the changes you will never get a 20k score, just give up. In fact, some city builds cant get over 5k because the losses are too high.

For everyone else the tournaments seem to have become cheaper and easier.

So what do you recommend, I don't want to not try in tourneys. I'm the seconds highest ranked in my fellowship and I see how many of the lower ranking members seem to have an easier time.
What bothers me is that they ask for mana and seeds so early into the tourney and that the troop count is outrageous. o_O

I will keep trying, we shall see.

Thanks for the reply :)

Iyapo1

So what do you recommend, I don't want to not try in tourneys.
I have not even reached 5k yet. Right now I am aiming for a 2.5k average. Once I get that I will aim higher. All these changes did was drop a fence somewhere in the great beyond.

sam767

The major negative impact of the changes is on the top tournament performers. Inno did not test for this so it appears to be a complete shock. These players have optimized their cities to win top tournament honors in their worlds. There is also a negative impact on CH16 players like me - I cannot do what I did before, but I can still easily get 5K per week while foregoing the extra KP from going deep in R1&R2. I am moving forward in CH16 to get the improved training grounds. Then I will stop and work on upgrading my martial AWs to the max. I suspect that players like me were the upper limit of what Inno considered in their testing and evaluation of the change. Their conclusion seems to be that the overall impact of the changes would be a plus. I tend to agree. That still leaves the top tournament performers to be hugely penalized.
Edit: Given the HUGE requirement for Orcs in CH16, CH16 players cannot cater. I fight so not an issue. Catering is hugely penalized for all players who have to pay Orcs to cater.

Last edited:

GlamDoll

I cannot do what I did before,

And I thought I was done here........................

Let that sink in & gel!

Decoded? You are not only not advancing, but going backwards. Game is dead!

We outgamed the devs & they wen't all BS!

Period.

Edited: Because, who cares.

Ibison

So, I'm confused on the top players/fellowship complaints. Is it that you now have to spend more troops/resources to get 10 chests? Is it that the way the top 50 will go and who gets a few ranking points? Is it that you could do tons of providences and not have to get 6 stars. I mean, just what am I missing?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
So, I'm confused on the top players/fellowship complaints. Is it that you now have to spend more troops/resources to get 10 chests? Is it that the way the top 50 will go and who gets a few ranking points? Is it that you could do tons of providences and not have to get 6 stars. I mean, just what am I missing?
It's not so much to to do with the chests as it is individual results and the way they are counter-intuitively made worse by progressing your city. The curve for size of battles has become essentially parabolic, both with province counts and with the size of your city. Some people used to do 40, 50,even 60 or more provinces each week. That is not possible under the current mechanic, where combat sizes in higher provinces quickly reach hundreds of thousands of troops per fight. Theoretically a person who hoarded troops might be able to do it once every few months, but it's physically impossible to produce enough troops to do it on regular basis. The fact that having lots of land and high level buildings and progressing through the tech tree all make those combats even larger feels like a punishment for progressing through the game.

Ibison

Okay, so you do that many less, so? Less rewards? Less able to help getting 10 chests. Still missing what is missing.

Kekune

Okay, so you do that many less, so? Less rewards? Less able to help getting 10 chests. Still missing what is missing.
Yes, less rewards. The top tournament players are usually playing for other things besides 10 chests. If it was just the 10 chests, they'd get their 1600 points or so and call it done.

People who score very highly seek ranking or other individual prizes such as kp. A big scorer in the old system could net hundreds of kp in each week's tourney, and that ability has been slashed.

Deleted User - 3932582

roughly 330 KP and 30 PoP spells and 60 Rune shards and 30 EE spells and 30 rune fragments and 810 relics for crafting spells every week (based on 30 fewer provinces)
Also, less points for people who go for rank/placement.

KarlD

I have switched to manual and seem to be able to pull of 15K easy in at least the first two tournaments (I did way to little the first tournament)
It will be a steep learning curve to find out what scores are sustainably possible in the new setup.
Are you able to do 15K easy because of all the high level military AWs you have or do you place a lot of boost buildings like UUU, DA, ELR, etc? I usually place a DA or a couple of UUU and a MMM and/or ELR. I can do about 6 rounds of 40 provinces, but by then the fights are not only getting expensive with huge SS's, but also difficult to win because the enemy SS is getting so much bigger in terms of their relative size to mine. I can't even imagine doing 6 rounds of 60 provinces both because of the time to manual fight and the difficulty of the fights.

Deleted User - 1178646

Are you able to do 15K easy because of all the high level military AWs you have or do you place a lot of boost buildings like UUU, DA, ELR, etc? I usually place a DA or a couple of UUU and a MMM and/or ELR. I can do about 6 rounds of 40 provinces, but by then the fights are not only getting expensive with huge SS's, but also difficult to win because the enemy SS is getting so much bigger in terms of their relative size to mine. I can't even imagine doing 6 rounds of 60 provinces both because of the time to manual fight and the difficulty of the fights.

Only the first 2 tournaments where easy enough.
And yes I do use boosters, thats why they exist.

Because I can run 2 tournaments with the same combat buildings I can also use a little bit more, tho I havent seen DA's in a long while now so those are running low atm. got 9 DA, ~25 UUU, 40+ LR and MA boosters still left so there is plenty headroom there.

My main issue now is that I destroyed my level 35 needles 2 weeks ago :(, KP ain't the issue, it's the upgrade times that take so long :(