• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

Iyapo1

In chapter 17, something else gets produced by the trader. Is it dependent upon wonder levels too?

Edit to add: nevermind I went digging in the wiki @Deborah M thank you so much for the seed info I did not know ancient wonder levels did that, time to think about adding more wonders ;).
  • Production
  1. Unurium - When you activate the Unurium production, the Trader generates Unurium every 24 hours. The amount of Unurium is based on your Working Population.
  2. Unurium - Collection Bonus. Every early collection receives an extra amount based on your Required Culture.

Last edited:

MagicIowa

Ive spent 4-7 buffs per week, and feed Two Bears about every 2 days...
Also, Hundreds of hours of Time/hammer instants, and huge hours on hand battle... per week... to get 5K.
if you continue to advance, this is where youre headed.

Yes, all true. At the rate said, My warchest will carry me well past 9 weeks... (and getting 5K per week???)
Sticking around for 9 weeks may trick INNO into thinking im not Leaving??
But.. I'll Leave... whichever is sooner- when my Resources are Spent, Or when im tired of waiting...

Also, @Alistaire, it seems you understand- but maybe others dont? Regardless of your past Tournament Success... your city seems now to be a Model for Current Tournament. And, as you Said, you Sold off 40 levels of AW to continue balancing on that Pinnacle?
And if you Advance in any way, your tournament will Suffer. .. (such is Life at the Pinnacle.. no direction to Go?)

References to your city have been Simply That... youre at the pinnacle, with no place to Go. . Improve your City, tournament will suffer. To Continue tournament success, your city must not improve. (= what goals do you have for Further Play?)
What INNO did is so stupid....tournament should be easier as you grow, smaller cities can get much more than big developed city...what a Joke INNO
example province 24 catering is 260000 mana 130000scrolls 175000 steel....that is totally Nonsense and stupid for 40 points...
I am going to stop playing or quitting soon
INNO when you make changes test them....I used to do 60+ provinces...and still have 80% of my troops..now I can lose this in a week.....
just a question how come a city 20% of size can score more...
Again Reticules and stupid structure....Totally unbalanced and insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane

GlamDoll

should I downgrade my city to upgrade my tourney play??

Which is a higher priority for you? Building up your city, or taking names in the tournys? I have opted for finishing my city off...

I already have the majority of it all set in Elven Architect. Regardless of Inno's nerfs, or whatever one wishes to call them, I shall finish my city.

Do what makes you happy & what is fun for you, is my suggestion. Life is short. Play hard & rock on!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
When it actually is "working as intended" by Inno's standards for maybe 80-90% of all players, I doubt anything will change.
This is exactly whyI think nothing will happen. Far too many players are in my position or even better where their tournament has actually improved- for now.
No one who doesn't hear it from the forums (which supposedly fewer than 0.02% of players use) would even know that their ability to clear provinces in the tournament will go down in the future.:(

Chrizty

Which is a higher priority for you? Building up your city, or taking names in the tournys? ..
Both lol I've always built my city to be tourney strong, I have all the military's Aws that I can get so far being in chapt 10, all leveled to only 13 so far,, I have 7 armory's was my goal to have 10 but idk now,,
So if I booted out a AW like the TOS would that really help in the tourneys??

GlamDoll

No one who doesn't hear it from the forums (which supposedly fewer than 0.02% of players use) would even know that their ability to clear provinces in the tournament will go down in the future.:(

The voice of reason. I am a prime example of what you just said, but not to worry though. I have decided to just go back to building my city up. I suspect, that I will also gimp myself in Spire as well, as I forge on. I just want two more libs and 2 more moonstone gates & I guess I will kiss that fun factor away, too. Such is life. :/

The plus side? Other than this Event, I can log my city one or twice a day (for about 30 min to an hr) and then go PLAY another game. Good job Inno! Maybe I should login all my other cities & get all those diamonds I keep getting offered in my emails! Just send them all to Glam, thank you.

Iyapo1

Tournament Changes - Community Feedback and Data

Is the title of this thread, yes? So, 2 of my posts were deleted for giving my feedback? Sounds legit. I guess this post will be deleted too. Carry on.
Yes the above post will get deleted. If you want to discuss the tournament changes use this thread not that thread.

Consider that thread a safe space and stop with the high drama on the mods.

Iyapo1

@GlamDoll why are you so bent about one thread being just for feedback and tournament data info?
@ players over there on this thread.

Deleted User - 1178646

Today we have prepared a really exclusive interview for you! Lukas works directly at the German headquarters of InnoGames, where he works in the top management of this game, specifically holding the position of Product Manager of the game Elvenar.

How long have you been working for InnoGames / Elvenar, which team do you belong to and what exactly are you in charge of?

I have been working for InnoGames since the beginning of the year and just as long for Elvenar. As a product manager, I make sure that together as a team we work on the right tasks, that we successfully implement them and that we also regularly release updates with useful improvements and extensions for Elvenar. For our team, this means above all new friendly races and improvements to basic elements in the game, such as the Tower of Eternity or ancient wonders.

Is there anything specific you should do with your team now?
We are currently working on the technical foundations for changing the rewards in the Tower of Eternity. So you can look forward to their change in 2021. Do you play Elvenar yourself? And do you have a favorite chapter? Sure! I'm in the Forest Elves chapter. And I'm really looking forward to the next chapter with wizards and dragons. I really liked the style of the buildings during this year's Magicians' Pilgrimage event. What do you like best about Elvenar? My favorite thing is that I'm not under constant pressure to defend my city from attacks. In other games, it still happens that you wake up in the morning and you have a part of the city destroyed. But in Elvenar, I start with the good feeling that every morning my city is a little further away than it was in the evening. And one important thing, do you like unicorns?

I risk falling a little in your eyes, but I've never been a big fan of horses or unicorns. However, in Elvenar, unicorns are a frequent gift and I have them in the city. However, you know the donated horse.
(wink)

In the new tournament system, additional chests have been added to the prizes. Why don't the rewards hidden in them gradually increase, but still remain the same? It costs a lot of effort to work towards them.
We deliberately chose rewards in this way precisely because they are difficult to obtain. We were afraid that the community would feel the need to change players who score fewer points in the tournament, just to reach all the chests. And just by making sure that the extra rewards are not something you just have to have, but just a nice bonus, we've been able to give the strongest tournament community a new challenge without putting unnecessarily much pressure on smaller communities.

Are there any changes planned in the way the size of the army is calculated? Why should players be disadvantaged when buying premium expansions? And why are they also disadvantaged by the construction of ancient wonders?
We evaluated the tournament data, read the feedback from the players (indeed, we got a lot from the forums thanks to our skillful community managers), introduced some elements of the player's feedback, and understood the impact of the tournament change on the game. The basic goal of the calculation formula is to offer all playersa tournament that does not benefit anyone and is also a challenge for everyone. Nevertheless, progress in the game in any form should remain an advantage for players and help them succeed in the tournament. We believe that with the new tournament system, we are closer to this goal than before, when the size of the division depended only on research into the size of the division. In this old system, the top positions in the tournament were simply shared by those who had the most provinces at their disposal.

We understand the frustration of players who, with the new system, score fewer tournament points and receive fewer tournament prizes than before. However, no player should be afraid of further progress. For example, from the analyzes we've done, we don't see that players with more premium expansions do worse than players with fewer. On the contrary, these players continue with significantly better results than the other players being compared. And it's the same with ancient wonders, the progress of the research tree, or common extensions. Of course, there is a discussion about how much better these players should do, but we do not see any "penalty" among the above-mentioned factors, which would unbalance the overall tournament result of the player.

Of course, this does not mean that no further adjustments will come. We will certainly continue to monitor the overall behavior of the tournaments, including the above formula. For example, we already see a weakness of the system in the fact that the impact of the levels of ancient wonders on the pattern is the same for all wonders. We strongly agree that some ancient wonders are more important for tournaments than others, and the formula does not currently take this into account. In addition, we continue to monitor players at the forefront of research to make sure that the cost of the tournament does not become too high at some point. However, the number of these players is quite small and it takes a little longer to obtain statistically significant data for analysis.

Will we ever get complete equality between the mobile and browser versions? For example, that we see the duration of spells, player searches, and communities on mobile phones? And that we get more convenient neighborhood help in browsers.
We are constantly working on the equality of both versions of the game. For example, we added the ability to search for players and communities on mobile a few weeks ago. Along with that, we've added an option to browser browsing that suggests communities to enter players to join. And further adjustments will follow. Will there ever be an opportunity to obtain artifacts for older emerging buildings? After all, some of them can be crafted, but when artifacts are not available, this option is useless. And what are the chances that players could exchange artifacts?

Already now there is the possibility of obtaining older artifacts during events or the possibility of exchange (the last time it was about bears). But we also have some other interesting ideas on how to make old artifacts available in the future (even outside of events). Let's wait to see what comes out of these ideas. What will certainly not change, however, is the fact that events with new buildings will always be the fastest and most effective sources of relevant artifacts.

We do not plan to exchange artifacts between players.

source: https://cz.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/lukas-product-manager-hry-elvenar.6978/

Deleted User - 1178646

Looks like they completely ignore math in favor of whatever data is favorable to them. it's called comformation bias.
They completely ignore that tournament dominators dominated the tournaments because of 1 thing.

They aquired a bunch of brown bears + the spire empowered those bears with time boosters, those that havent quit, still survive on brown bears, and brown bears alone. take it away and you nuked those players out of existence.
Also, if you include every tournament uninterested player in your averages to look at the influence of expansions, it's not hard to see how they came to this conclusion.

It also ignores the all the math we have shown about chapters past chapter 15 being detrimental.

this shows exactly how incompetent and how disengaged these people are with the game, how they are still unwilling to admit there error, they only "agreed a little bit" on the wonders. but ignore every other aspect of the data people delivered.

Again it's not about being able to do less, who cares, it's about progression being detrimental, and math is on our side on this one.
This shows once again they stick there head in the sand untill the problem becomes too problematic to handle bedore they are willing to take any action instead of taking in heads on. it took them a long time to admit there error with troop size, something we also pointed out on release.

Last but no least, how are they going to "destroy" the spire this time, looks like thats there next target.
I have a hard time believing that any"improvement" will not be another nerf.

the word inprovement in there mouth gives me a mayor bad taste in the mouth, they have been seldom right and many times wrong in the past.
if there is an issue, just say it out loud, explain it and let us accept it, don't come with lying words like "improvement".
If a nerf is needed than so be it, we arent idiots, we can understand a good explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
This shows once again they stick there head in the sand untill the problem becomes too problematic to handle bedore they are willing to take any action instead of taking in heads on.

They way I see it, we have to wait for them to catch up before they see and address the problem. This product manager is only in woodelves, so it is hard to see the problem with the equation at that point.

Clusseau

..... In this old system, the top positions in the tournament were simply shared by those who had the most provinces at their disposal.

We understand the frustration of players who, with the new system, score fewer tournament points and receive fewer tournament prizes than before. However, no player should be afraid of further progress. For example, from the analyzes we've done, we don't see that players with more premium expansions do worse than players with fewer. On the contrary, these players continue with significantly better results than the other players being compared. And it's the same with ancient wonders, the progress of the research tree, or common extensions. Of course, there is a discussion about how much better these players should do, but we do not see any "penalty" among the above-mentioned factors, which would unbalance the overall tournament result of the player.

source: https://cz.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/lukas-product-manager-hry-elvenar.6978/

He's saying Tournaments were dominated by those with more provinces to fight?
That is, those who have played longer, have upgraded their AW, have paid for troops, and developed skills to complete their provinces, and then they put in the time required to do so? And this is BAD? (=tournaments should be won by those with LESS of those things?)

Is he REALLY SAYING that expansions havent hurt me, because im still doing better than players with fewer??

Im Saying; If I do worse WITH more expansions, than i would without them- - then i have been Harmed.
It doesnt matter a Hoot if Im still doing better than anyone else- or not.

Clusseau

@lukas, may i make a suggestion?

Make a Sim of My City- (or numerous others?).
Burn off 500 Priests doing Auto in the tournament- see how far you get.

Then finish the chapter research, add 10 AW levels or expansions- and Repeat.
See if maybe the difference is more than a random variation due to Auto?
(Then, please explain to me how it makes sense for me to make further progress).