• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

DeletedUser27062

The problem is that for high chapter cities there is NO reward anymore.

What do you mean "no reward"? Are you saying that for higher chapter cities the game isn't rewarding in and of itself anymore or .....?? Kinda need more info please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dew Spinner

What do you mean "no reward"? Are you saying that for higher chapter cities the game itself isn't rewarding in and of itself anymore or .....?? Kinda need more info please.
That's exactly what I am saying, Edeba's post says it all and all the other posts too. Progression equals regression and there is no reward in regression.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27062

That's exactly what I am saying, Edeba's post says it all and all the other posts too. Progression equals regression and there is no reward in regression.

Thank you for clarifying. I think you may have missed the point I was making. It doesn't have to be rewarding for people to still play. It merely has to elicit anticipation.

Dew Spinner

Thank you for clarifying. I think you may have missed the point I was making. It doesn't have to be rewarding for people to still play. It merely has to elicit anticipation.
I think anticipation is long gone too, for a lot of high chapter cities. Quite a few have said they will not be progressing through the chapters any further than they are now because it just goes downhill from where they are and there is no benefit in going any farther. New chapters should elicit anticipation but instead they are eliciting dread.

DeletedUser27062

I think anticipation is long gone too, for a lot of high chapter cities. Quite a few have said they will not be progressing through the chapters any further than they are now because it just goes downhill from where they are and there is no benefit in going any farther. New chapters should elicit anticipation but instead they are eliciting dread.

What people say and what they do are two very different things. Many people are unaware of their internal motivation as is seen by the many people who say things like "I don't know why I'm still playing". The reward and its anticipation are enacted behind the scenes, in the subconscious and requires no perception of value.

Dew Spinner

What people say and what they do are two very different things. Many people are unaware of their internal motivation as is seen by the many people who say things like "I don't know why I'm still playing". The reward and its anticipation are enacted behind the scenes, in the subconscious and requires no perception of value.
Then they would want to continue through the chapters subconsciously without even giving it a thought and wouldn't be able to stop themselves. There has been a lot of talk about not progressing any further and where the exact spot to stop at is before it only goes downhill drastically.

Dew Spinner

Not all the other posts. Many, for sure. But I think this is a matter of personal perception, and many big cities would say the game is still inherently rewarding.
I meant all the posts similar to Edeba's. I'm sorry I didn't specify that better but I don't always have time to over analyze every word I type.

Last edited:

edeba

I did progress through the chapter and the main reason was the increase in the main hall, but they changed the 10% for the wholesaler now and it is 8.125% for t1, and then they reduced the 1:1.5:2.25 ratio for t2 and t3, you actually get less goods/supply than anywhere else in the game, so it is a down grade for t2 and t3. The amount you get for the relative supplies is now 5% less a further downgrade on top of everything else.

Dew Spinner

I did progress through the chapter and the main reason was the increase in the main hall, but they changed the 10% for the wholesaler now and it is 8.125% for t1, and then they reduced the 1:1.5:2.25 ratio for t2 and t3, you actually get less goods/supply than anywhere else in the game, so it is a down grade for t2 and t3. The amount you get for the relative supplies is now 5% less a further downgrade on top of everything else.
I believe you Edeba, I have read far too many similar comments about progression equaling regression, not to believe it. They can't all be lying or talking out their butts.

edeba

I believe you Edeba, I have read far too many similar comments about progression equaling regression, not to believe it. They can't all be lying or talking out their butts.
Yeah, but the downgrade on the wholesaler is something that most players wouldn't notice. Certainly it wasn't brought up on beta until I pointed it out just over a week ago now. They did this about 3 chapters ago and they did eventually fix it. Like this time, it is taking a long time for them to see the problem. They argued that it wasn't a problem last time and it took a while for them to understand the problem and by then it was the first thing fixed in a new beta release, which goes 2 weeks, and then there is a lag for bringing it to live so it was at least 6 weeks to get it fixed. This is the 3rd time I've found they did the math wrong in what they implemented that made it past beta. I'm only chapter 12 on beta so I don't see the new chapter until I play it here.

Dew Spinner

Yeah, but the downgrade on the wholesaler is something that most players wouldn't notice. Certainly it wasn't brought up on beta until I pointed it out just over a week ago now. They did this about 3 chapters ago and they did eventually fix it. Like this time, it is taking a long time for them to see the problem. They argued that it wasn't a problem last time and it took a while for them to understand the problem and by then it was the first thing fixed in a new beta release, which goes 2 weeks, and then there is a lag for bringing it to live so it was at least 6 weeks to get it fixed. This is the 3rd time I've found they did the math wrong in what they implemented that made it past beta. I'm only chapter 12 on beta so I don't see the new chapter until I play it here.
Glad to know there is still hope for them to change this for the better.

GlamDoll

Anyway, I think I'm done. I get onto the game and every tournament I feel ripped off and cheated out of what I spent on the game and I am completely questioning my sanity as to why I did not remove myself from something that causes such huge and ongoing disdain months ago. Every tournament as I get totally slaughter the distain grows.
Thank you for your whole post...it pretty much covered how I felt with all this for almost 2 months. (This past month or so has been better)...

But, that is because of the Event & my FS getting blueprints in that time.

I am blasting through my troops & troop boosts buildings faster than I can get them & I have a squad tech in Elementals that are about to really mess me up.

I love my city & I love the game, with the exception of this, of course. I wonder what happens when many in our FS are advanced enough, to where we can no longer get the 10th chest/ This is our 4th week in a row getting one...

I have decided to try and make the best of it...IDK what happens if I can no longer play tournys and/or Spire.

I guess I will login set productions & then go try and find a game that I can be more engaged in & have more content, than just login & set & logout.

Which is basically what I was doing for the most part, until this Event started.

:(

PS- I was gonna get into Eveonline & it seems to have the same issue. Nerf after nerf & so on. I have no confidence in it atm. What I am training to be able to do may get nerfed before I can even do it. I remember when games used to have way more fun & wow factor.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am blasting through my troops & troop boosts buildings faster than I can get them & I have a squad tech in Elementals that are about to really mess me up.

Completing optional squad research has zero effect on your tournament and Spire squad sizes. And mandatory squad research increases them the same as any other mandatory research. The actual increase in your squad size is not a factor in your tournament and Spire squad sizes at all.

GlamDoll

Completing optional squad research has zero effect on your tournament and Spire squad sizes. And mandatory squad research increases them the same as any other mandatory research. The actual increase in your squad size is not a factor in your tournament and Spire squad sizes at all.
TY. I meant it in the sense I will have less squads than I even do now. Which will mean less battles I can do, until I get my troops back up.

GlamDoll

But that only effects the number of squads you have for world map fights.
That is some good news & thanks! My troops are almost zilch in the ones that I do best with. I guess I will find out soon enough, just how many squads I will have after I get my portal up one more level...

At any rate, I am not looking forward to it. :/

edeba

Thank you for your whole post...it pretty much covered how I felt with all this for almost 2 months. (This past month or so has been better)...

But, that is because of the Event & my FS getting blueprints in that time.

I love my city & I love the game, with the exception of this, of course. I wonder what happens when many in our FS are advanced enough, to where we can no longer get the 10th chest/ This is our 4th week in a row getting one...

I have decided to try and make the best of it...IDK what happens if I can no longer play tournys and/or Spire.

I guess I will login set productions & then go try and find a game that I can be more engaged in & have more content, than just login & set & logout.

Which is basically what I was doing for the most part, until this Event started.

:(

PS- I was gonna get into Eveonline & it seems to have the same issue. Nerf after nerf & so on. I have no confidence in it atm. What I am training to be able to do may get nerfed before I can even do it. I remember when games used to have way more fun & wow factor.
I don't think the changes prevent your from getting 10 chests, nor does game progression.

I find it surreal that they would have so little regard for players that basically pay their wages and they just trash what investing in our game did for it. There was no penalty for premium expansions when I purchased them, and now my troop size is about 36% larger because of premium expansions, which only increases my land by about 24%.

Mykan

Oh Wise One

The 10 chests won't be an issue, they are gifting 10 chests to fellowships now. So even at late levels getting 1,600 pts is minimal effort. The issue is if you wish to do more than that and how much more, your earlier choices most of which can't be changed can dramatically impact you.

The fairness is questionable when you have players in similar chapters, skill and playstyle who have such variety in what they can do now. Our fs has lost a lot of players due to the inequality that was introduced.

GlamDoll

I don't think the changes prevent your from getting 10 chests, nor does game progression.
Thank you, that is good to know.
I find it surreal that they would have so little regard for players that basically pay their wages and they just trash what investing in our game did for it.
I can't wrap my head around it either , it just will not go in @.@
The 10 chests won't be an issue, they are gifting 10 chests to fellowships now.
TY Mykan for confirmation.
The fairness is questionable when you have players in similar chapters, skill and playstyle who have such variety in what they can do now. Our fs has lost a lot of players due to the inequality that was introduced.
Agree on that fairness point 100%!
And, really sorry to hear that.
IDK what Inno is thinking & I am still on the fence if that is good or bad, for me.
Kinda glad I don't to be honest about it.

I have watched the numbers drop like a stone, in Eveonline, with CCPs latest nerfs, etc...

Almost tempted to go get on a bunch of other game forums to see how many other games are doing this nonsense.