• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Quite a few have said they will not be progressing through the chapters any further than they are now because it just goes downhill from where they are and there is no benefit in going any farther. New chapters should elicit anticipation but instead they are eliciting dread.
What people say and what they do are two very different things. Many people are unaware of their internal motivation as is seen by the many people who say things like "I don't know why I'm still playing". The reward and its anticipation are enacted behind the scenes, in the subconscious and requires no perception of value.
In my case, you're each half right.
I am no longer progressing in the Tech tree as there is no benefit to doing so.
I still enjoy the game though and have that anticipation feeling, my goals have simply shifted.
Now I'm focused on bringing my fellowships up to Gold Spire every week and increasing my positive wonder levels while trimming out the net-negative ones.

The problem for me is that this playstyle isn't sustainable. Eventually, the diminishing returns on wonder levels will mean less and less anticipation. Also, not having a new chapter to upgrade other buildings to will start to sink in and my city will stagnate.

Until then, I'll continue to enjoy playing, and cross my fingers that the devs pull their head out.

GlamDoll

Until then, I'll continue to enjoy playing, and cross my fingers that the devs pull their head out.

Is there a chance, based on some math, or otherwise? I do hope you are right. I am contemplating on has that ship sailed, myself...

Needless to say, I vote for no confidence from Inno, however...

The eyecandy & nerfs to come will make us forget this, as we all move to the next hoop(s) as they change the goal posts again! And, again! :p
Edit: Sorry moderators, for my animated gif. TY! Noted.

Last edited:

sam767

As time goes on, I am happier and happier with the new tournament system.

As others have pointed out, it is simple for most FS to get 10 chests. A nice reduction in stress for my FS that stretches itself to get Gold Spire.

For me personally, it meant that I was finally able to win the tournament in my realm. Twice because the timewarp allowed boosts to carry over. It will be weeks before I can make another run. I start manually fighting at P20 or so when there is a spoiler and mostly after P30. This week I went 6x56. Casualties are acceptable with mostly manual fighting. It will take time to recover. That will allow other ordinary players to rotate through.
I now understand that the players most hurt by the change are those who have been auto-fighting to the top of the standings The difference in casualties between manual fighting and auto-fighting is enormous.

I posted in the pro-con thread that I have stopped advancing in 17.

However, even if Inno addresses the “regress on advancing” issue, the huge disparity between manual fighting and autofighting will remain. So players like me will still be able to break through for the occasional win.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One

As others have pointed out, it is simple for most FS to get 10 chests. A nice reduction in stress for my FS that stretches itself to get Gold Spire.

For me personally, it meant that I was finally able to win the tournament in my realm. Twice because the timewarp allowed boosts to carry over. It will be weeks before I can make another run. I start manually fighting at P20 or so when there is a spoiler and mostly after P30. This week I went 6x56. Casualties are acceptable with mostly manual fighting. It will take time to recover. That will allow other ordinary players to rotate through.
I now understand that the players most hurt by the change are those who have been auto-fighting to the top of the standings The difference in casualties between manual fighting and auto-fighting is enormous.

I posted in the pro-con thread that I have stopped advancing in 17.

However, even if Inno addresses the “regress on advancing” issue, the huge disparity between manual fighting and autofighting will remain. So players like me will still be able to break through for the occasional win.

So what do you, and others who are not progressing the main game, going to do when chapter 18 adds 4-star troops, making deeper tournament provinces even harder?

And yes, 10 chests is trivial now. In a Fellowship of only 20 players, each member needs to do just 5 stars in the first 10 provinces for 2100 points, for 40k+ and 10 chests.

GlamDoll

image.jpg

sam767

Pretty sure I have read already, that advancing beyond a certain point in this game is a NO-NO!
Advancing is a no-no if your goal is to win tournaments. The loud complaints are from those who used to do well by auto-fighting deep into the tournament and thereby winning or at least ending on the first page. For the vast majority of players, the changes make doing well on tournaments easier. This will hold through all future chapters for the vast majority of players. I suspect that you are such a player.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Pretty sure I have read already, that advancing beyond a certain point in this game is a NO-NO!

Tell that to all the players, either solo or in fellowships, that never do anything with the tournament and ignore it completely. None of this affects their enjoyment of the game. After all, no matter how beneficial the tournament may be to advancing a city more quickly, it is still an optional part of the game. Same with the Spire and Fellowship Adventures. Some players ignore all that and are fine with it taking them much longer to progress through the chapters.

GlamDoll

dvancing is a no-no if your goal is to win tournaments.
Nope, it also affects me in Spire too.
The loud complaints are from those who
Citatation needed. Definition needed. Who is complaining vs feedback vs data, and so on.
For the vast majority of players, the changes make doing well on tournaments easier.
How grandiose that not only do you know the vast majority of players, you also speak for them as well?
I suspect that you are such a player.
And now you are speaking for me also?

IDK if you are trolling or trying to be funny...

I am NOT taking you seriously.

sam767

Nope, it also affects me in Spire too.
This formula is very similar to the formula that has been in effect in the spire for a long time. Perhaps since the beginning. You may have a good point that with relevant AWs maxed, advancing in the spire is more difficult when advancing your city. As part of the package of upgrades, Inno enabled simultaneous production of all troop types. This is a huge improvement. So I daresay the spire is net easier for ALL players than under the old system.

Citatation needed. Definition needed. Who is complaining vs feedback vs data, and so on.
This is just an impression I suspect that anyone with more than one Brown Bear falls into this group..

How grandiose that not only do you know the vast majority of players, you also speak for them as well?
Since it is easier to achieve 3K now than under the old system and the vast majority of players do not achieve even 3K - it is easy to infer that the new system is easier for them. Add the simultaneous production of all troop types, and the new system is a huge improvement. . I'm not sure where you decided I am "speaking for them".

And now you are speaking for me also?
I believe it was you who said the tournament is easier for you and your FS is doing better. I don't know how you decided that my intent is to "speak for you".

Please play nice. I am sharing my experience and insights. (And that of my FS. Everyone in my FS loves the new system). I am not attacking anybody.

GlamDoll

I believe it was you who said the tournament is easier for you and your FS is doing better. I don't know how you decided that my intent is to "speak for you".
I said it was harder for me & easier for my FS, if you read my posts in this thread, you wouldn't have to ask or make assumptions.
Please play nice. I am sharing my experience and insights. (And that of my FS. Everyone in my FS loves the new system). I am not attacking anybody.
likewise, tyvm...
btw, I was `.~

Iyapo1

For me personally, it meant that I was finally able to win the tournament in my realm. Twice because the timewarp allowed boosts to carry over.
That is totally awesome! Congratulations on the double whammy!

edeba

Sounds like the wins had more to do with saving up military boosts and being able to double their value because of the timewarp enabling them to work over two tournaments than the new tournament.

Iyapo1

Sounds like the wins had more to do with saving up military boosts and being able to double their value because of the timewarp enabling them to work over two tournaments than the new tournament.
In Ceravyn, the same player came in first every week from the time I first looked until the new tournament. THE SAME PLAYER EVERY WEEK.
Since then, it seems like a new player every week.
For me personally, it meant that I was finally able to win the tournament in my realm. Twice because the timewarp allowed boosts to carry over

DeletedUser20539

I'm actually happy with the changes to the tournament. I am able to stay in the top 5-10 in my FS every week (We usually complete at least 12 levels) and find I can use my armies to fight rather than use my goods.

Meggi

Hi fellow Elvenar players!

You all might have noticed our fellowship’s name has changed from Phoenix Power to Phoenix Power Protesting. You might have also noticed a number of other fellowships also boasting the “Protesting” at the end of their fellowship’s name. I’m sure you’re wondering what that’s all about.

Well, we’ve tried communicating through normal channels with Inno about the issues with their new tourney format. Basically, we love the reduction in clicks, but we’re really miffed by the increase in needed goods. We don’t at all mind a 4 for 1 increase in goods/troops. It’s fair to require that what took 4 clicks now requires the same amount of goods/troops for 1 click. But, Inno increased the goods and troops by way more than the 4 for 1 ratio they promised, AND they made it much more difficult for more advanced players to compete by reducing the benefits of our Ancient Wonders, and even dinging us for having more advanced Ancient Wonders.

Maybe you think it doesn’t impact you, but if you keep playing you will one day be gravely impacted, and for all our sakes, we’ve decided to protest.

We’re not buying anymore diamonds, and we’re not tourneying past the 5000 mark. And, we’re asking any players, and whole fellowships if they agree to join us! All we want is for our more knowledgeable players to be able to sit at the table with Inno developers and show them our crunched numbers and the impacts and to have a discussion.

This is a complex subject so we’re in the middle of making a video that we’ll post and share out to everyone that explains the whole thing within the next week. In the meantime, if your fellowship wants to join in the protest, comment and tell us you’re in, and adjust your fellowship name to include the words Protesting! And please, pass this post around to all your social media to help us get the word out!