• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Changes

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
It is not more difficult for me. I just did 15k this week and I could have done even 20k if I wanted to. It takes a massive amount of time in later provinces, because we can no longer do auto without risking to lose everything, still it is just 6 hours instead of 24 hours a week we had in the old system for this kind of points, so I am happy with it. I do auto maybe up to 25 provinces or 14 without many booster buildings. The real strategy to win this is upgrading the time warp and polar bears and placing the booster buildings on friday or saturday, so you can use them twice. For me only MMM is an issue, I got a lot of UUU and DA and just enough ELR atm. A month ago I was low on ELR and got enough MMM, so it is hard to predict, maybe it depends on which tournament I do. I removed all AWs I don't really need to reduce AW levels and upgraded my simia to level 35. The martial monastery, needles, flying academy will be the next ones. I am not sure about the victory springs and heroes forge. I'll need the toads too, because I operate a lot with frogs. I don't think I'll upgrade my dragon abbey, I can increase mage damage with MMM, so unless I run out of those frequently, I'll keep it on level 1.
I did 80-90 in like a big hour in the old system not 24 hours lol.
I find manual fun and rewarding in marble and steel tournament, it's a lot less rewarding and fun in the other ones.
I did a decent amount manually in kristal tournament as well, it worked well but I did not like it.

All the others hell no. I really can't handle it week in week out. sporadically it's fine, the last 5 provinces or see weekly is fine but weekly 20-50 manually 6 rounds nty.

Whacking your wonders to the minimum does help a lot, but I am not mentally ready for that, I already collected about 70K KP in instants that I could use to rebuild them if things change, but I still havent whacked anything, I did not improve anything.

ET-inf3rno

I did 80-90 in like a big hour in the old system not 24 hours lol.
I find manual fun and rewarding in marble and steel tournament, it's a lot less rewarding and fun in the other ones.
I did a decent amount manually in kristal tournament as well, it worked well but I did not like it.

All the others hell no. I really can't handle it week in week out. sporadically it's fine, the last 5 provinces or see weekly is fine but weekly 20-50 manually 6 rounds nty.

Whacking your wonders to the minimum does help a lot, but I am not mentally ready for that, I already collected about 70K KP in instants that I could use to rebuild them if things change, but I still havent whacked anything, I did not improve anything.
Yes, it is a big change. I intentionally kept what I removed on relative low levels 6-11 mostly. It was because even in the old system I doubted that they are very useful. I rebuilt some of them but only on level 1. Even level 6 isn't worth it I think. For example in the case of DB level 6 gives only double training size compared to level 1, but it is 6 AW levels vs 1 level...

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
For example in the case of DB level 6 gives only double training size compared to level 1, but it is 6 AW levels vs 1 level...
I like DB for its space saving. currently at lvl 9, mine is same as 3.7 lvl 23 armories. That's at least 75 tiles saved. It's also useful during FAs. I put my armories away for shantytowns but can still crank out some troops instead of running my barracks on granny gear.

ET-inf3rno

I like DB for its space saving. currently at lvl 9, mine is same as 3.7 lvl 23 armories. That's at least 75 tiles saved. It's also useful during FAs. I put my armories away for shantytowns but can still crank out some troops instead of running my barracks on granny gear.
The shrooms gives me a lot more per AW level, but I have 9 or 10 armories so I rather upgrade that one and keep the DB on level 1.

Black watch

It is not more difficult for me. I just did 15k this week and I could have done even 20k if I wanted to. It takes a massive amount of time in later provinces, because we can no longer do auto without risking to lose everything, still it is just 6 hours instead of 24 hours a week we had in the old system for this kind of points, so I am happy with it. I do auto maybe up to 25 provinces or 14 without many booster buildings. The real strategy to win this is upgrading the time warp and polar bears and placing the booster buildings on friday or saturday, so you can use them twice. For me only MMM is an issue, I got a lot of UUU and DA and just enough ELR atm. A month ago I was low on ELR and got enough MMM, so it is hard to predict, maybe it depends on which tournament I do. I removed all AWs I don't really need to reduce AW levels and upgraded my simia to level 35. The martial monastery, needles, flying academy will be the next ones. I am not sure about the victory springs and heroes forge. I'll need the toads too, because I operate a lot with frogs. I don't think I'll upgrade my dragon abbey, I can increase mage damage with MMM, so unless I run out of those frequently, I'll keep it on level 1.

For ME:
My MA has dried up on building boosts. I RARELY get buildings boosts any more. It's been months since I got more that two the whole week. My Pet food is always low in availability and if for some reason I can't harvest something from the MA and there is a production carry over, then Pet Food is the item left off the menu.... ALWAYS...
But I can always count on having one of the damn Flames or other minor culture building available. I can count on having whole menus of nothing I would want at chapter 15 at least once a day...
As far as the Spire goes... My Genies and DA's dried up too.... I got a burst of them when I started playing the spire, then they just stopped dropping... But WOW, I've got PP's coming out of my ears! Don't get me started on why at over 500,000 frags I'm still getting loaded up on those too.
INNO's very kind in making sure Artifacts come into the MA, but they don't stay long enough to finish leveling something you may wish to craft and I won't place something with only 4 artifacts or such...

Oh, hell, I'm starting to rant... Sorry folks....

INNO has in fact, sucked a great deal of the enjoyment out of this game...

My neighborhood is now filling up with coins and dead cities... unfortunately, a lot of major cities are turning to ghosts...
It's sad!

ET-inf3rno

For ME:
My MA has dried up on building boosts. I RARELY get buildings boosts any more. It's been months since I got more that two the whole week. My Pet food is always low in availability and if for some reason I can't harvest something from the MA and there is a production carry over, then Pet Food is the item left off the menu.... ALWAYS...
But I can always count on having one of the damn Flames or other minor culture building available. I can count on having whole menus of nothing I would want at chapter 15 at least once a day...
As far as the Spire goes... My Genies and DA's dried up too.... I got a burst of them when I started playing the spire, then they just stopped dropping... But WOW, I've got PP's coming out of my ears! Don't get me started on why at over 500,000 frags I'm still getting loaded up on those too.
INNO's very kind in making sure Artifacts come into the MA, but they don't stay long enough to finish leveling something you may wish to craft and I won't place something with only 4 artifacts or such...

Oh, hell, I'm starting to rant... Sorry folks....

INNO has in fact, sucked a great deal of the enjoyment out of this game...

My neighborhood is now filling up with coins and dead cities... unfortunately, a lot of major cities are turning to ghosts...
It's sad!
Maybe they use different parameters on each world, but on Sinya I just got an ELR and I had an MMM yesterday. I am not sure how many booster buildings I craft, but I think at least 3-4 per week (half of them is UUU) and on average I got 1 DA per week in the spire too (I do all 3 stages). I use a lot of time boosters in the MA. For example if I craft an ELR, I rather finish it with a time booster, otherwise I lose chance for booster building recipe in the next round. I guess it depends on how frequent you check the recipes. They are almost in a 6 hour rotation, so you can have about 4 recipes per day. I check 2-3 from that 4 per day and I do sometimes multiple recipes per round using 5h time boosters from the spire. I got portal profit frequently too, sometimes I win only portal profit or diamond, but next week I win 1-2 DA, so it evens out in the long run. Today I got a magic residence from the first boss.

Swankey Bob

I have been gone a while but has anything changed? I was one of those players with a freekish build hitting 450k on a city that was not even out of Sorcerers and Dragons that got totally wrecked by the changes.

I do understand they are a for profit company and its in their financial interest to favor player growth over player loyalty which is why I did not request a refund after they devalued what I had spent on but I am interested in seeing if they ever move the game back in line of a situation where I enjoyed it..

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have been gone a while but has anything changed? I was one of those players with a freekish build hitting 450k on a city that was not even out of Sorcerers and Dragons that got totally wrecked by the changes.

I do understand they are a for profit company and its in their financial interest to favor player growth over player loyalty which is why I did not request a refund after they devalued what I had spent on but I am interested in seeing if they ever move the game back in line of a situation where I enjoyed it..

Nope, I do not think a single adjustment has been made since the changes were released to the Live servers. Inno seems intent to keep it so that going beyond 4000-5000 points in the tournament becomes very, very hard without using a ton of extra resources, temp buildings, etc. And even if anything would get tweaked, it will never go back to the days of easily running the first two stars in 80 or 90 provinces.

GlamDoll

Player growth & player loyalty are the same thing, if you pay for this game. If they were really for profit, they would still want my $ & give me a carrot on a stick, or at least the stick, if they think I am in a coma or brain-dead...

As for what you enjoyed, it's too vague & I have no idea what you mean, other than being suckered.

We all have the choice as gamers, to raise the bar OR, accept it being lower than 6ft under.

OIM20

I'm curious if this is a change or if this is something I didn't notice before since I had open slots to fit rune shards and used the broken ones, but: does anyone else feel cheated by not being able to get broken shards if you already have ten? The rewards screen after a tourney battle where I should have gotten a broken shard shows the graphic and then "x 0". Feels a bit like a slap in the face for making the effort to 'solve' the encounter.

And no, I haven't gotten any recipes that use broken shards in the MA recently or I would have used them there.

OIM20

Thanks. Doesn't stop me from feeling a bit cheated, but glad to know it wasn't a recent change.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Three years ago there was talk about increasing our storage to 20. This still has not happened as you may have noticed. The proposal even came from a game developer; good thing I wasn't holding my breath!

Kawhi is a Raptor

I'm curious if this is a change or if this is something I didn't notice before since I had open slots to fit rune shards and used the broken ones, but: does anyone else feel cheated by not being able to get broken shards if you already have ten? The rewards screen after a tourney battle where I should have gotten a broken shard shows the graphic and then "x 0". Feels a bit like a slap in the face for making the effort to 'solve' the encounter.

And no, I haven't gotten any recipes that use broken shards in the MA recently or I would have used them there.

i guess it depends on how far your AW progression is but i'm always building/breaking down useless AWs and using them to farm rune shards to upgrade my good AWs so i almost always have open slots to fill w/ tourney winnings

this doesn't mean a storage limit of ten isn't ridiculous tho

OIM20

I've only built one AW thus far. I'm saving up resources to build a second. The one I have is in level 4, so I haven't gotten to the part where I need to use rune shards to upgrade it yet. All my shard/broken shard use to this point has just been in getting the wonders to the point where once I have the resources and space I can place them -- and in the odd recipe here and there in the MA.

And since I asked, I have had a single recipe come up in the MA using broken shards. Of course, it didn't appear until after the tourney ended and all of the opportunities to get more shards vanished like so much smoke, but in about half an hour I will have more AWKP.

Though, this does mean I will have a few empty slots for the beginning of the planks tournament. ;)

ET-inf3rno

Your missing part of the point, finish your current chapter, get another 15 expansions, and 622 wonderlevels, then come back tell us again there is no issue.
Because thats the difference between you and me.

Meanwhile I finished chapter 16 and I am in the middle of chapter 17. I still don't feel the pain, I just did 20520 points on the tournament and I'll repeat it next week too. I cannot do more because I have only 76 provinces, otherwise I could reach 30-40k. I have enough units to do this 20k 3-5 more times, I just don't have the damage booster buildings for it. Maybe think about removing some of your AWs if you want to have smaller squad sizes or push every second or third week.

As of the extra KP I started to donate 100KP to a random player from April after each tournament. Not that it was necessary, because I still have good AWs to upgrade. I'll increase it to 200KP or more later.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Meanwhile I finished chapter 16 and I am in the middle of chapter 17. I still don't feel the pain, I just did 20520 points on the tournament and I'll repeat it next week too. I cannot do more because I have only 76 provinces, otherwise I could reach 30-40k. I have enough units to do this 20k 3-5 more times, I just don't have the damage booster buildings for it. Maybe think about removing some of your AWs if you want to have smaller squad sizes or push every second or third week.

As of the extra KP I started to donate 100KP to a random player from April after each tournament. Not that it was necessary, because I still have good AWs to upgrade. I'll increase it to 200KP or more later.

Again, het another 15 expansions and 600+ wonderlevels, your tournament costs are currently very cheap compared to someone like me for example.
1624192843822.png

It's easy to save recources for many provinces and then go all out in 1 or 2 provinces. this is not even a challenge in the slightest way.
Trying to make a point when you only "fight" twice in many weeks makes no sense.
You need to consider a stable result, what can you do every single week? instead of what can I do on a blue monday.

For a well build chapter 15 account with the minimal amount of wonders seems the be around 15-16k, with a chapter 17 account, near max the amount of expansions and 800 wonderlevels, not even close to that.
even with 3 brown bears to compensate some of it.

30K to 40K points? just the claim itself tells all we need to know how little you understand of the tournament formula.
My 6000-7000 squads already diminish to 200 and a bit around province 50. even with a lot better formula outcome it will not be that much more, maybe 400 at best.

In province 148 (40K score) a 5% unit loss would most likely aready be 100-200 squads. even if you save a lot of recources and had that many provinces unlocked you would most likely not be able to even field 5 squads on the battlefield just because of the massive since of your tournament SS in province 148. not to mention all the losses you have occured to get to province 148 which will be insane.

ET-inf3rno

Again, het another 15 expansions and 600+ wonderlevels, your tournament costs are currently very cheap compared to someone like me for example.
View attachment 10067
It's easy to save recources for many provinces and then go all out in 1 or 2 provinces. this is not even a challenge in the slightest way.
Trying to make a point when you only "fight" twice in many weeks makes no sense.
You need to consider a stable result, what can you do every single week? instead of what can I do on a blue monday.

For a well build chapter 15 account with the minimal amount of wonders seems the be around 15-16k, with a chapter 17 account, near max the amount of expansions and 800 wonderlevels, not even close to that.
even with 3 brown bears to compensate some of it.

30K to 40K points? just the claim itself tells all we need to know how little you understand of the tournament formula.
My 6000-7000 squads already diminish to 200 and a bit around province 50. even with a lot better formula outcome it will not be that much more, maybe 400 at best.

In province 148 (40K score) a 5% unit loss would most likely aready be 100-200 squads. even if you save a lot of recources and had that many provinces unlocked you would most likely not be able to even field 5 squads on the battlefield just because of the massive since of your tournament SS in province 148. not to mention all the losses you have occured to get to province 148 which will be insane.

What you copied is double 18900 points in May, now 3 weeks later I did 20520 and I'll do it next week too. Only the number of provinces are limiting me. Around province 70 I have 100 squads of mages, 100 squads of light ranged and 100 squads of heavy ranged and I barely lose any with +250% HP boost and +250% light ranged and mage damage boost, so if I could win more booster buildings, then I could do this each week. Without HP and damage boost it is just wasting resources.
When I did the 18900 I had 400+% HP and damage boost, with those I played everything on auto up to province 60 and I lost only a few squads, maybe 15% of my army.

Sure I wrote it down twice, that you need to reduce AW levels if you want to have cheap tournament. Without that it is not possible. I just wrote this, because you or maybe somebody else told me that I did not do enough research to realize how bad the new system is and next chapter will be very bad, etc. It still isn't and I just started the barracks and armory upgrades in the middle of the chapter. If you keep the right AWs, then tournament is pretty easy. If you do all of them, then it sucks.